Fifa Ultimate Team on Ebay

SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm sorry but this is just madness.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fifa-13-ultimate-team-xbox-360-/200939246735?pt=UK_VideoGames_Merchandise_RL&hash=item2ec8e9948f

Why would anyone pay that much money for a team? Do they think they will be invincible once they buy the team ? :p It's hilarious how stupid people are. You could probably make get this team eventually by playing the game properly and even if you don't why the hell would you pay that much ?

The seller must laughing his head off, i'm not surprised people sell players on Ebay, you could make a living off it :p

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are probably fake bids, the seller will know there will be more people likely to be interested if it has a load of bids already

Worst case scenario, he cancels the auction and he's lost about 20p from listing it
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Highest bid currently £8976... ;)
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's another one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Box-Xbox-FIFA-13-Ultimate-Team-FUT-Blue-Squad-worth-over-8-Million-Coins-/261238600482?pt=UK_VideoGames_Merchandise_RL&hash=item3cd308b322

I think the highest bidder right now is fake, but the first bidder i think is real, madness :p
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sold for £560 but im going to call bullshit. Have sold coins on ebay loads of times and that teams cash value is roughly £200 or so. NO Ronaldo or Messi in there either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Yep, the sale looks like it was bullshit - relisted and it's currently 640 quid.

In 2 months or so the team will be old news anyway.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on Team Fortress 2 bought a hat for £630. Thats one hat, not eleven players, ONE HAT! A DIGITAL HAT!

"A fool and his money are easily parted" You can forget the bible and science, that one line has stayed true since the dawn of trading. Always a chump to milk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    Someone on Team Fortress 2 bought a hat for £630. Thats one hat, not eleven players, ONE HAT! A DIGITAL HAT!

"A fool and his money are easily parted" You can forget the bible and science, that one line has stayed true since the dawn of trading. Always a chump to milk.

That's just..............just............wow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should add the price of the team I quoted was cash value £200, that is if you bought the coins on ebay you would need to spend £200 or so to buy the coins to get he players in game. Selling that team now you would be lucky to get £150.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should add the price of the team I quoted was cash value £200, that is if you bought the coins on ebay you would need to spend £200 or so to buy the coins to get he players in game. Selling that team now you would be lucky to get £150.

I don't get why anyone would pay that much for an Ultimate team, they are basically paying out more on FIFA 13 then the Xbox 360 itself :p
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fun part of ultimate team is putting your team together surely?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fluffed wrote: »
    The fun part of ultimate team is putting your team together surely?

Yep, but some people think if their team is made up of the best players in the world they will be unbeatable. It would be hilarious if the person that bought these teams ended up losing more than winning :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I don't get why anyone would pay that much for an Ultimate team, they are basically paying out more on FIFA 13 then the Xbox 360 itself :p

The fun certainly is putting your team together and opening packs, but lets say you want Ronaldo and you are flush with cash. He costs about a 1mill/1.5mill coins (depending on what version and how long the game is out The inform team of the year cost more). You have 3 options (1) Never spend any real money, save up coins made from winning games and maybe after a year of playing every day you could afford him. (2) Keep opening packs, you will most likely spend a £1000 or so on packs never get him and eventually sell all the other cards to make the coins needed. (3) Buy the coins needed on eBay spending maybe £120 or so and get him.
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Yep, but some people think if their team is made up of the best players in the world they will be unbeatable. It would be hilarious if the person that bought these teams ended up losing more than winning :p

My friends and I (and i'm sure many others) are convinced there is some weird evening up on Ultimate Team to make the games fairer. We believe the as long as you have 100 chemistry then the game balances out the teams. The most success I and my friends have had on UT was with a team of mediocre players. I have had teams with most of the players, bar Messi and Ronaldo and the better our team got the worse our results. A friend of mine who is a very good player got hold of Messi and couldn't win the 5 or so games he played with him.