Caroline Lucas not guilty

123457»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some DS readers may even support Lucas`s striving to decimate the UK countryside with unsightly wind farms, but I bet many will withdraw their support for her when they learn that she totally opposes `Page three girls` ..:o
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Roughly how many fraccing operations were carried out in the UK prior to Gasland's release? :)

Can't remember the exact number, you'd need to check all the fraccing threads, but I think it's about 200 onshore and a lot more offshore.
  • MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The British Green party is not a real green party as they support mass migration into Britain so they support building thousands of houses on the green belt, gas and electricity being supplied to those houses, thousands more cars on the road, nothing could be more damaging to the environment and no real green party would support that.

They're basically just Labour in disguise.
  • DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Axtol wrote: »
    The point about how much it costs the taxpayer to police a peaceful protest is fundamentally wrong because the authorities ultimately make the decision on where to spend the money. The protesters likely do not want a police presence so they cannot be blamed if the government decides to use taxpayer money to police it. The government are also trying to smear Assange by treating him like he is the reason for the constant police guard at the embassy. Assange didn't give the order for police to be there , that was the government so it is their fault. They cannot spend taxpayer money harassing a whistleblower who exposed some uncomfortable home truths and then accuse the whistleblower of wasting the money. Blame for wasting taxpayer money needs to be directed at the people who spend it and that is the government.

it wasn't a peaceful protest though, they overstepped the mark when they started blocking the road. That's holding people to ransom and is why the police needed to be involved.
    Forum Member
    DadDancer wrote: »
    it wasn't a peaceful protest though, they overstepped the mark when they started blocking the road. That's holding people to ransom and is why the police needed to be involved.

Obviously the magistrates thought differently
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ecckles wrote: »
    Some DS readers may even support Lucas`s striving to decimate the UK countryside with unsightly wind farms, but I bet many will withdraw their support for her when they learn that she totally opposes `Page three girls` ..:o

that silly stunt she did with the no more page 3 t-shirt wasn't too clever either. She's a total hypocrite because the Green party are supposed to be all for sexual diversity and freedom of expression, except for when it involves a pretty girl taking her top off and men admiring her. That's not allowed in her anti sex feminist world. :confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22873790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously the magistrates thought differently

and they were wrong.
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    that silly stunt she did with the no more page 3 t-shirt wasn't too clever either. She's a total hypocrite because the Green party are supposed to be all for sexual diversity and freedom of expression, except for when it involves a pretty girl taking her top off and men admiring her. That's not allowed in her anti sex feminist world. :confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22873790

Your obvious obsession with lap dancing and, as in this instance, topless models is quite worrying.

How old are you?
    Forum Member
    and they were wrong.

I bow to your superior knowledge of the law and know that you had access to all the evidence. Maybe we should just delegate all justice to you and dispense with trained lay people like magistrates?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your obvious obsession with lap dancing and, as in this instance, topless models is quite worrying.

How old are you?

Why is it worrying? It's theses little things called freedom of choice and civil liberties. I suggest you check out http://strippingtheillusion.blogspot.com if would like to learn more about the work of so called 'feminists' and their censorship attempts.

also why does my age have anything to do with it? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bow to your superior knowledge of the law and know that you had access to all the evidence. Maybe we should just delegate all justice to you and dispense with trained lay people like magistrates?

It was just my opinion from the footage i saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_4OzphD2Qs
    Forum Member
    It was just my opinion from the footage i saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_4OzphD2Qs

OK, so you saw a bit of footage on TV, and from that you decided experienced and highly trained magistrates who heard all the evidence got it wrong.

TV footage can be highly misleading, just remember the Orgrave footage where the TV companies "accidentally" reversed the footage so it showed the miners attacking the police instead of the way it really happened.