The FAIR CITY Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
Forum Member
I just watched last night's Fair City and it was REALLY good.

Fair City don't do many scenes outside of Carraigstown so it was good to see Paul and Yvonne at the Crazy Chester gig!

Paul and Yvonne affair....oooh...Paul must only go for Doyle sisters :p

I thought Irish viewers of FC could use this one thread instead of all little small ones.

Please bump when possible.

Looking forward to the anniversary ep next week. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Yeah, we should try keep this going!

Thought Paul and Yvonne last night was gross though :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    It's best we have this one big Fair City thread for anything Carraigstown related!

At least we didn't have any Christy and Carol scenes :o

I think
    Charlie Kelly
    will win the local elections :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol.. I thought it was a terrible eppy to be honest! The Crazy Chester scenes were appallingly bad- even by FC standards! The Yvonne/Paul stuff was far too contrived as well, IMO. You'd swear they were adrift after a ship-wreck instead of just stuck in an elevator! Yvonne's overreaction was ridiculous!! Also, the make-out scene at the end (ugh..) was hilariously bad. It was like they were acting the whole thing in slow-motion! The way they carefully and deliberately dropped onto the bed sideways was just sooo awkward! Chronic acting! Anyway, the writers really need to get over their "Paul-the-heartthrob" obsession! He's far from irresistible (the jacuzzi scene- ick!)!

Oh... and as a side note, does anyone know what the point of the shirtless Louis scene was!? He looked like a cadaver! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Thought Paul and Yvonne last night was gross though :p[/QUOTE]

It was extremely cringe worthy viewing watching the two of them getting it on!

Besides all of the cringe worthy scenes tbh FC has gotten much much much better within the last year.
  • Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was amazed by Fair City last night seeing Paul & Yvonne getting it on. But I would prefer Louis though last night seeing him shirtless mmmmmm. The actress who plays Yvonne must be very lucky to have both Louis & Paul.
  • tv_lover_06tv_lover_06 Posts: 6,275
    Forum Member
    was louis shirtless in the hungry pig??????

is charlie kelly coming back?

im not sure yet bout the yvonne and paul thing, it was definitely awkward viewing and i love niamh but i think paul and yvonne if they sort the acting out might kinda work too. im still deciding i guess.......
    Forum Member
    I was expecting Suzanne or Connie to come walking out after Louie's shirtless scene in the Hungry Pig :o

Speaking of Connie...where the hell did she go?

I want more of Cass and Zumo on screen :D:D
    Forum Member
    lol yeah and robert and cleo :D
    Forum Member
    Just seen the anniversary party on Tubridy - he was over with the cast and the girl who plays Yvonne has mentioned that Connie will be back on screen in the next few weeks

also
    the actress who plays dolores has said that Wayne is coming back for "an explosive christmas storyline"
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed them being interviewed on the Late Late - caught up today on the RTE Player :)

I always thought soaps had non-alcoholic beer in their pubs (I know HO do) but last night they were all drinking real beer!

I didn't see the following last night: Dermot, Jo, Cass, Eileen, Louie, John Deegan, Connie and Robert - anyone else?

Looking forward to
    Dolores son coming home for Christmas
    but not so much
    Yvonne and Connie
    Forum Member
    im excited bout the first spoiler too :)
    Forum Member
    Yay – Charlie Kelly is back from Canada and he’s the new Mayor of Carraigstown! Is it just me or does TJ look a lot older from when he was last in it? I remember when TJ was just a very small kid in the show. What did everyone make of the centenary parade? Carol just made me LOL during tonight’s episode at her being nervous and her throwing in the odd gag – brilliant. It was really funny when everyone went quiet for Zumo Bishop doing his Martial Arts – I wonder how many takes that took to do? I had to laugh at Yvonne, her inside McCoys with Connie and the parade going on outside. As much as I like Zumo, I hope Charlie puts him in his place for robbing him and Mags a few months back. The only fault is I want more of the residents involved in the parade – especially Cass and Eileen. It was really good with Crazy Chester coming through on the horse – albeit cringeworthy. Oh, was tonight the anniversary ep or is it soon?
    Forum Member
    Mags has died :eek::mad:

I did not see that coming!

Think I've had enough of "Crazy Chester Legend" now. He's funny, but enough is enough :yawn:
    Forum Member
    yeah mags :(

i guess this means charlie will be sticking around?

i missed tonights and last nights - hating the clash with the other soaps on a thursday now :mad:
    Forum Member
    The last two episodes have been fairly decent, well worth a look.

I feel so sorry for Charlie. I hope Charlie knocks Zumo Bishop off his high horse and puts him in his place ;)
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched in ages so I was wondering who this Connie character is? And since when has Yvonne been lesbian\bisexual? I'm assuming the lesbian kiss was just thrown in to generate publicity for the anniversary. A bit like the Zoe & Kelly lesbian kiss on EE a few years ago. It was completely out of character and was written in for ther sake of generating some headlines. After it happened, it was barely ever mentioned again.
    Forum Member
    had to laugh at louis seeing yvonne and connie too

zumo like really i kinda struggle to see him as the big bad though it was funny when he introduced "the boss" and the office girls terrified of "the boss" :D
    Forum Member
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    I haven't watched in ages so I was wondering who this Connie character is? And since when has Yvonne been lesbian\bisexual? I'm assuming the lesbian kiss was just thrown in to generate publicity for the anniversary. A bit like the Zoe & Kelly lesbian kiss on EE a few years ago. It was completely out of character and was written in for ther sake of generating some headlines. After it happened, it was barely ever mentioned again.

Yeah Yvonne is the Sonia Jackson of Fair City. She turned lesbian overnight:p

As far as I know, Yvonne met Connie while travelling and on a big cocaine binge in Australia and they travelled together a bit. Connie may have been around when Yvonne abandoned her son Stephen too. Connie I think is Yvonne's rock who helped her through her dark days whilst on drugs. I may stand corrected though.
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Yvonne is the Sonia Jackson of Fair City. She turned lesbian overnight:p

As far as I know, Yvonne met Connie while travelling and on a big cocaine binge in Australia and they travelled together a bit. Connie may have been around when Yvonne abandoned her son Stephen too. Connie I think is Yvonne's rock who helped her through her dark days whilst on drugs. I may stand corrected though.

Cheers for that. I tend not to watch Fair City anymore. It was OK for a period but of what I've seen recently, I'm not impressed. Also I'd actually forgotten about Sonia's sudden lesbianism on EE.
    Forum Member
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    Cheers for that. I tend not to watch Fair City anymore. It was OK for a period but of what I've seen recently, I'm not impressed. Also I'd actually forgotten about Sonia's sudden lesbianism on EE.

Sonia was a really good character until that fling with Naomi.

For years and years FC was absolutely trash and NEVER watched but in the last odd month it's been fairly decent and I'm trying to get back into it. It's fairly decent at the moment I think. :)

Had to LOL @ TJ during the parade :D:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zumo like really i kinda struggle to see him as the big bad though it was funny when he introduced "the boss" and the office girls terrified of "the boss" :D

Lol.. nah, Zumo's way too cuddly to be scary! :p Besides, how could anyone take him seriously as a "villain" after he doted on Lara's baby and took care of boxes of teddy bears for his granny! Billy Meehan he is not! The guy who's abducted Keith seems a bit more credible.. Looks pretty unhinged (and pretty hot actually)!

Re. the Yvonne love triangle (or should that be quadrangle?!), what's with Paul totally forgetting about Niamh? Did they have a fight before she went away with Orla? :confused:
    Forum Member
    saw a second of it yesterday where Leo was like "TJ you stick with me" and TJ was like"Ok" made me think: how old is TJ??? Didnt think he'd like being told to stick with Leo and how well does he even know Leo?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Haha Keith got kidnapped, never expected that.

Aww no Charlie drives me mad, wish he'd stay over in Canada :(

And poor Louie... aww... :cry:
    Forum Member
    Louie is in every second scene isn't he?

I hated him when I started watching him but he's growing on me :)
    Forum Member
    yeah im the same

i really like cleo too i used to hate her