Options

Amazon going down the pan

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
Forum Member
Anyone noticed Amazon.co.uk service slipping lately?

Been a customer for years and usually order most things from them but lately i've found it's service to be a bit poor.

For example, ordered a chart pc game, and a Disney DVD on Friday from them. Today neither have yet been dispatched, with a dispatch estimate of Thursday!!:mad:

I have cancelled and on my way to HMV.com ......

Any other similar experiences?

Comments

• Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    play.com appears to have gone downhill in the last few months for me. I had to chase three deliveries this month.

Maybe the postal services have become worse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always use Play.com these days. No delivery charges and (touch wood) I've never had any problems.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a Amazon prime customer and everything would always arrive the next day with it , last few months things have been taking 3 days to arrive.
    I still have 7 months left on it but will not resubscribe if it keeps slipping might as well just have free delivery.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always had an excellent service from Amazon.
  • Options
    AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use amazon for most of my online shopping and can't say I've noticed a problem. I ordered some CDs on Saturday which they said they'd deliver by Thursday so I'll see how that goes and post here if there's a delay.
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I've been ordering stuff from Amazon for years and lately I've noticed them taking ages to dispatch items. I pre-ordered a lot of games and CDs last month none of which arrived on the release day like it promises it will. They used to be very good at this so I'm not sure what's wrong.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it costs money to deliver it, they should charge for it. Losing money on orders due to free deliveries is anti-competitive because nobody will be able to last the course with them.
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the last pc game i ordered from amazon said it would arrive on the release day however it came a day late (no biggie). i ordered another game with them this week and will see if it arrives on time this time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon have always been great, one item I bought from a marketplace seller developed a fault but was replaced no problem. Another time a DVD hadn't arrived which was from a marketplace seller, I contacted Amazon and they were straight on to it.
    As for play.com, I used them once and never again.
  • Options
    CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have noticed delivery times slipping too, but this cannot be blamed soley on Amazon. I had the Amazon Prime trial and 50% of the orders I made were delivered late thanks to the lazy Citylink - "Delivery Rescheduled". Why? They recieved it almost straight away from Amazon and it was even taken to the dispatch depot... However, they then decide that it cannot be delivered and it's late.

On the other hand, I ordered a DVD, that apparently wasn't in stock untill the 3rd Nov, and it turned up on Saturday!
  • Options
    gertrude hubblegertrude hubble Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered some early christmas presents on Saturday afternoon using supersaver, they arrived yesterday. However I did order a game for my son in July for his birthday in August and only received it last week but that wasn't really Amazons fault, the manufacturer kept putting the release date back. I've also been happy with Play.com
  • Options
    SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I have noticed they stopped giving you an estimate of delivery when you use supersaver delivery and found things did seem to take a while to come through.

However, one of my last supersaver deliveries only took about a day! seems variable.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just got a 'its on its way' dispatch email from HMV... less than 40 minutes from ordering. Vs. 5 days and nothing from Amazon. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've always found Amazon to be excellent. In the last couple of weeks, I've ordered various items that have arrived in two days.
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always take next day delivery on it always arives on time
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No complaints from me, still getting great service, even from the market place.

I use the cheap 3-5 tarriff, get my stuff in 2 days most of the time. :)
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the opposite. Amazon are great for me at present. Ordered a few CD's lately and a book and always got them 2 days after shipping. Ordered other brand new things through Amazon traders, aquarium heater, filter, paint set for my daughter and all came after 2 days.

Play.com are crap now. Take ages to deliver.
  • Options
    lemonbunlemonbun Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Can't complain at all. I ordered a DVD on Friday afternoon with the free supersaver delivery, and although I was given a dispatch date of 1 - 3 of November, it was delivered on Monday (the 1st) before 10 am.
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've given up on Amazon after having four deliveries, totalling just shy of £300, mysteriously disappear on me.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I have Amazon Prime and my orders come next day unless it one of those silly market place non qualifiers which there are more and more of these days.
  • Options
    *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, Amazon used to be good but I have to wait much longer to receive my orders now than I used to. Shame.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Never had a problem with them. My deliveries have always met their estimates. I trialled Prime recently and it was fantastic. A great service but not something I'd pay for as I don't order anywhere near enough from them to make it worth it.
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    I am a Amazon prime customer and everything would always arrive the next day with it , last few months things have been taking 3 days to arrive.
    I still have 7 months left on it but will not resubscribe if it keeps slipping might as well just have free delivery.

Thank God I'm not the only one! I'm an Amazon Prime customer, too, and over the last three months or so, I've noticed the delivery estimates slipping more and more. On a number of occasions, I've ordered something 'guaranteed' to be delivered on a particular day, and it has failed to turn up on that day. On a couple of occasions, the items have been two days' late.
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fine here, no problems. In fact most things turn up before they are due. Are you sure the items were from Amazon rather than a market seller?

I've stopped asking for next day because most things arrive next day or the day after anyway. There's no point paying extra unless you're really desperate in my experience. Order on Sunday it'll arrive Wednesday anyway.

Mind you I do have stuff delivered to the office rather than home and although we're in a village we're only ten minutes from Bicester and five from the M40.
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have Amazon Prime and my orders come next day unless it one of those silly market place non qualifiers which there are more and more of these days.

I think you might have identified the problem. If the order comes directly from Amazon, it's always when they say it will come, but it's sometimes hard to know if it's Amazon or the market place. Market place orders will take longer.