Options

Who else is sick of these Essex muppets?

ImperiousKnightImperiousKnight Posts: 898
Forum Member
✭✭
I'd never heard of this Essex show until I watched that intellectual wonder on Im a celeb, couldnt even tell you what channel its on. I was watching that Adrian Childs show on itv on Sunday when ANOTHER one invaded my living room. What's the deal? :mad:

We're through the looking glass now, I genuinely weep at what we've become as a "culture". :cry:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never heard of this Essex show until I watched that intellectual wonder on Im a celeb, couldnt even tell you what channel its on. I was watching that Adrian Childs show on itv on Sunday when ANOTHER one invaded my living room. What's the deal? :mad:

We're through the looking glass now, I genuinely weep at what we've become as a "culture". :cry:

You're not the only one, I find it very disturbing that it is 'funny' and 'cool' to be below average intelligence. I guess the trend towards anti-intellectualism started in America, where it's seen as being 'honest' if you dont know much...

How Kirk didnt know where America was on a map I simply cannot fathom...is it an act? How does someone in the developed world not know where America is, where Australia is...

How did Brian Belo not know who Shakespeare was?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, my sister had the show on before and I couldn't believe she was watching it, it was awful. I'm fed up of seeing them on every reality show too, will be glad of the day when the show is axed.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're not the only one, I find it very disturbing that it is 'funny' and 'cool' to be below average intelligence. I guess the trend towards anti-intellectualism started in America, where it's seen as being 'honest' if you dont know much...

How Kirk didnt know where America was on a map I simply cannot fathom...is it an act? How does someone in the developed world not know where America is, where Australia is...

How did Brian Belo not know who Shakespeare was?

I hear ya both.:cry:
    Talk about the celebration of stupid nonentities.
    Its shocking.:mad:
  • Options
    HIGHERSTATEHIGHERSTATE Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep!

Intelligence is seen as a waste of time!

Big breasts are incredibly important!

How you look is the most important thing in the world, no matter what it takes!

I learnt a new word last year, bejazzling..what the f is that? Who invented it and how can someone make a career out of it?

Amy Childs is a new TV goddess..for being good at bejazzling and having big breasts!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, I'd be mortified to be that thick. What's all this ''shut uuupppp' about aswell?
  • Options
    *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm truly sick of them. I don't watch TOWIE or whatever it is, yet somehow manage to know the names of the cast. They're everywhere I go!! :mad:

I was shocked at Kirk's lack of intelligence, and he thought it was amusing??:confused: I would die of shame if I had been shown to be ignorant about such basic facts like where Australia is. I wondered if he was pretending, for surely no one can be that stupid!

I too am tired of people who wear their ignorance like a badge. It isn't clever...literally!
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it's sad really. I actively avoid TOWIE but now they seem all over the place. God knows how kids see any of these sorts as role models. Society is dead.
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know, being born and bred in Essex myself, it makes me quite embarrassed.
    :o

The good news is that we are not all like the Towie lot, in fact there are a lot of highly intelligent folk, like myself!
    :D
  • Options
    Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Yep!

I learnt a new word last year, bejazzling..what the f is that? Who invented it and how can someone make a career out of it?

Amy Childs is a new TV goddess..for being good at bejazzling and having big breasts!

If you are going to take the moral high ground, you may wish to know that the term is vajazzling as in putting a bit of bling around the vagina. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member

"This Essex"? Do you mean the show or the county? :D:D
  • Options
    Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    Yep!

Hate to burst your bubble but it's VAjazzling, and you can (apparently) thank Amy Childs herself for inventing it.

My theory about this honouring of the thick is that as we have been well and truly shafted over and again by the intellectuals and the elite who rule over us, this backlash against them and what they represent is inevitable.

There are vast numbers of undereducated but nonetheless successful monied people who want to be represented in the media by people just like them.

And why not, they will say. The Oxbridge types have had it good for too long, why not give the rest a chance as well?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sammyj001 wrote: »
    "This Essex"? Do you mean the show or the county? :D:D

the fact he says 'this Essex show' is a pretty big clue :eek:
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eh? What about Frankie? :(:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know why women would bother. If a bloke rips your clothes off and looks disappointed to find no fake diamonds glittering your foofoo then you've picked the wrong bloke surely??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are going to take the moral high ground, you may wish to know that the term is vajazzling as in putting a bit of bling around the vagina. :)

I bow to your knowledge of this..

In fact I'm proud of my ignorance of this! :)

Who invented vejazzling or whatever its called? Did they get an OBE or Nobel Peace Prize for work in Beauty therapy?
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    My daughter, born and brought up in Essex, shocked me a while ago, as she thought that Japan was in China. I think the problem is that they just don't study the map of the world anymore, at school.

Still, she managed to get a 1st in her degree, so I won't worry too much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sick of the lot of them and also McFly :mad::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate to burst your bubble but it's VAjazzling, and you can (apparently) thank Amy Childs herself for inventing it.

My theory about this honouring of the thick is that as we have been well and truly shafted over and again by the intellectuals and the elite who rule over us, this backlash against them and what they represent is inevitable.

There are vast numbers of undereducated but nonetheless successful monied people who want to be represented in the media by people just like them.

And why not, they will say. The Oxbridge types have had it good for too long, why not give the rest a chance as well?

No burst bubble...makes me laugh!

If you need jewels to make it attractive, theres something wrong...men and women seem to have done well without it for a few thousands of years!

Interesting theory by the way...but isnt it a persons own pride and self responsibility to know about the world instead of what goes off in their town? Each to their own I guess..But it shouldnt be celebrated..surely.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like TOWIE for what it is, but Kirk is one of the least charismatic members of the cast. I agree that there are too many Essex types in CBB - Even though Frankie isn't from Essex, he may as well be. Kirk is awful -thick and unpleasant and not good looking enough to get away with it. Frankie may be young, but does he have to behave like a dog on heat?

Then we have Nicola from Essex and Natalie who also has a strong E London/Essex accent so she may well originate from there too. However, these two are adding some entertainment value to the show.

Ditch the two tw*tty boys in my opinion.
  • Options
    cyberwarcyberwar Posts: 4,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are just a bunch of fame hungry *****!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I bow to your knowledge of this..

In fact I'm proud of my ignorance of this! :)

Who invented vejazzling or whatever its called? Did they get an OBE or Nobel Peace Prize for work in Beauty therapy?

I completely agree with everyone, being from Essex it's very embarrassing to have them represent you- I was shocked that Kirk didn't know where Australia was, ridiculous!? How being stupid can be fashionable is beyond me and I must admit my pale skin and natural lashes can be out of place in some bars here too.

But surely the BIB is doing the same thing albeit on a far less important topic?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I have never watched the show about Essex, but I would be mortified if any child of mine did not know where America or Australia were on an atlas. How on earth we throw loads of money and fame at thick fake individuals is beyond me. It seem we take no pride in ourselves anymore.
  • Options
    SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member

It's one thing to celebrate the achievements of someone who isn't an Oxbridge intellectual but its quite another thing to be proud that you can't point out the USA on a friggin map of the world! :eek:
  • Options
    *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it is one thing to have a basic education, and another to be ignorant of the most basic facts and affairs. My mother left school at 14 to work in a factory as a lot of people did years ago, yet she is the most intelligent, knowledgeable person.

So many people don't seem to WANT to learn, or enjoy learning.
  • Options
    Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Caz42 wrote: »
    Don't know why women would bother. If a bloke rips your clothes off and looks disappointed to find no fake diamonds glittering your foofoo then you've picked the wrong bloke surely??

Why does it have to be for a man? Why can't women do something that makes them feel good for themselves? Also, there are pejazzles which are of a similar nature but for putting on penises.

Although it is not something that I have ever had or really have a desire to, I can understand why some might. I would guess it is a lot less painful and permanent than a tattoo. Just an extension of doing hair and make up etc. They are very pretty. :)