Options

iPod - UK equivalent model

looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello - I have just received a lovely birthday present of an iPod from a relative living in Japan. I've never had an iPod before, just an old 256 MP3, so this new 30G video thing is scaring me a bit.

But my question really relates to what might be its UK equivalent model. It is model MA446J/A. When I Google this, it only appears on Japanese sites, which don't seem to fully translate for me, but the one thing they do tell me is that it was released in Japan on 13th September 2006. Does anyone know what might be an equivalent model (I know it sounds a bit girly, but I want to buy a case for it as I'm scared of scratching it and I want to make sure it fits)

Comments

• Options
    andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's more commonly referred to as a 5G, the current ones on sale are effectively 5.5G's. At this moment in time any case for a 30GB 5G or 30GB video iPod will do.
  • Options
    Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    looby383x wrote:
    Hello - I have just received a lovely birthday present of an iPod from a relative living in Japan. I've never had an iPod before, just an old 256 MP3, so this new 30G video thing is scaring me a bit.

But my question really relates to what might be its UK equivalent model. It is model MA446J/A. When I Google this, it only appears on Japanese sites, which don't seem to fully translate for me, but the one thing they do tell me is that it was released in Japan on 13th September 2006. Does anyone know what might be an equivalent model (I know it sounds a bit girly, but I want to buy a case for it as I'm scared of scratching it and I want to make sure it fits)

There is no difference in the actual product, merely that it came with Japanese writing on the back (usually) and on the box etc.
  • Options
    looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for your replies.

You've all been very helpful