The Big Holby City Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gv6l wrote: »
    Can someone explain how the phones come into it? I must have missed a bit.

Ta

I didn't get that bit either :confused:
  • Maria747Maria747 Posts: 2,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really loved Chantelle and Digby tonight, now that is a great pairing, they are so quirky yet endearing. They were so cute at the end.:)

I was giving benefit of the doubt that Cameron was basically a mixecd up kid who frequented bad company coupled with his care home background but turned out to be a remorseless nasty piece of work this week. Good on Digby for calling the police!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Neither did I.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish he'd stop saying anything at all...:o

That end scene with Chantelle and Digby was kind of tainted by my brain shouting "Thats were Luc and Eddi said goodbye!!!! Nooooo :(" :o:o Yes I still love them. :p

Chantelle and digby are cute, I just dont see it working somehow though...:o
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was Helen from Bad Girls. Good to see Eva Pope on TV again

They kissed, about time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hatz wrote: »
    I really wish he'd stop saying anything at all...:o

That end scene with Chantelle and Digby was kind of tainted by my brain shouting "Thats were Luc and Eddi said goodbye!!!! Nooooo :(" :o:o Yes I still love them. :p

Chantelle and digby are cute, I just dont see it working somehow though...:o

I thought the whole Chantelle and Digby and awkward interactions throughout the epsiode was so Luc and Eddi myself but with a younger version and pairing.:) Still made me smile,:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Have any of you ever met a person who actually talks like Chantelle?
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YES! YES! YES!

Could it be? Are Holby finally getting the Chantelle/Digby ball rolling?

I was only interested in them tonight. Gemma and Harry can go and jump off a cliff for all I care; and can't recall much of Mo's stuff.

Chantelle did frustrate me a lot tonight. I know she's happy, smiley, glass-half-full and all that, but it got a bit ridiculous with Cameron. The guy's been dodgy all the way through and I was with Digby. I was willing him to put his foot down instead of bumbling after Chantelle and apologising for everything!! :rolleyes: Luckily Cameron reverted to type and Chantelle realised that not everybody's nice!

Special shout-out to Sacha and Malick and their lovely show of concern :)
  • janymacjanymac Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was it just me or did you also think Digby could not have done anything either at the time of the incident- I was trying to remember. It was all so quick, he was also rammed to a car bonnet and dazed and also had no glasses either. He did go and see to her once he realised what had happened. I do hope they have a permanent relationship now and she doesn't suddenly go off him.
    Forum Member
    Maria747 wrote: »
    Neither did I.:confused:

I think they were seeing if his 'phone was the one stolen from Chantelle,,?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    YES! YES! YES!

Could it be? Are Holby finally getting the Chantelle/Digby ball rolling?

I was only interested in them tonight. Gemma and Harry can go and jump off a cliff for all I care; and can't recall much of Mo's stuff.

Chantelle did frustrate me a lot tonight. I know she's happy, smiley, glass-half-full and all that, but it got a bit ridiculous with Cameron. The guy's been dodgy all the way through and I was with Digby. I was willing him to put his foot down instead of bumbling after Chantelle and apologising for everything!! :rolleyes: Luckily Cameron reverted to type and Chantelle realised that not everybody's nice!

Special shout-out to Sacha and Malick and their lovely show of concern :)

I almost echo all what you say, Digby manned up and Chantelle got her act together in the end. Sweet ending.:D
    I quite liked Mo's storyline. I thought it was a great episode minus Gemma and Harry borefest !:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was funny when Marie-Claire used Harry's credit card to treat herself on her birthday, it was a good way to get back at Harry.:D

Thanks Rxprn.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I almost echo all what you say, Digby manned up and Chantelle got her act together in the end. Sweet ending.:D
    I quite liked Mo's storyline. I thought it was a great episode minus Gemma and Harry borefest !:yawn:

I'm seriously hoping there aren't going to be more obstacles for D&C. If they don't take this opportunity to get them together now then I can't see how else they're going to do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm seriously hoping there aren't going to be more obstacles for D&C. If they don't take this opportunity to get them together now then I can't see how else they're going to do it.

The writers are never going to give a smooth ride to holby couples, as kitkat mentioned once 'no drama, therefore no story' they want to make the viewers suffer. If both couples stay for a few more years and then leave together it will work.

I wish they would end Harry and Gemma pairing, its obviously not working, and they should work on different wards. Not sure which was worse, Ollie and Tara or these two.:sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The writers are never going to give a smooth ride to holby couples, as kitkat mentioned once 'no drama, therefore no story' they want to make the viewers suffer. If both couples stay for a few more years and then leave together it will work.

I wish they would end Harry and Gemma pairing, its obviously not working, and they should work on different wards. Not sure which was worse, Ollie and Tara or these two.:sleep:

BIB - Yes that's very true. I just can't see either of them with anyone else because they work really well!!

Unlike the other power couples we're meant to believe in, namely the two you've mentioned :sleep: In both cases, I'm finding the female unbearable to watch and the male better when he's away from said female. 'Tollie' were terrible and 'Hemma' I fear will be just as bad. Gemma should be at Tara levels of annoyance (for me) any day now :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
      Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1538141
      BIB - Yes that's very true. I just can't see either of them with anyone else because they work really well!!

Unlike the other power couples we're meant to believe in, namely the two you've mentioned :sleep: In both cases, I'm finding the female unbearable to watch and the male better when he's away from said female. 'Tollie' were terrible and 'Hemma' I fear will be just as bad. Gemma should be at Tara levels of annoyance (for me) any day now :mad:

(BIB)I agree with you there, they are suited to one another more than anyone else but I think there will be bumps on the road for them but will eventually be together once their story arcs come to a natural close, hopefully not for a long while yet.

Good point the boring couples tend to be better characters apart, interesting observation that females are more irritating, I agree with you with the Tollie one as I did like Ollie on his own. Tbh, I find Gemma works better with Digby but I don't find Harry interesting either, his acting does not naturally flow and is abit stilted in parts.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      (BIB)I agree with you there, they are suited to one another more than anyone else but I think there will be bumps on the road for them but will eventually be together once their story arcs come to a natural close, hopefully not for a long while yet

There probably will still be a load of ups and downs for them :rolleyes: I just get really impatient when something like that works so well, but it's strung out forever! Unlike Gemma and Harry who seem to have been marked as a couple pretty much as soon as they turned up.
      Good point the boring couples tend to be better characters apart, interesting observation that females are more irritating, I agree with you with the Tollie one as I did like Ollie on his own. Tbh, I find Gemma works better with Digby but I don't find Harry interesting either, his acting does not naturally flow and is abit stilted in parts.

BIB - I honestly can't explain why that is. 9 times out of 10, all the people on my rage-o-meter have been women - Tara, Gemma, Daisha, Sahira, Donna, Elizabeth, Faye....
      The only guy I can remember hating was that Max dude, oh and Dominic!

Jules Knight popped up today on some CNN mini-bio about Price William and Kate and he was pretty much the same ie. stiltled speech, bland. Maye there's not much acting going on and he's just playing himself? I can't really think of anything standout about Harry - he's just there not doing very much
    • linlamlinlam Posts: 9,023
      Forum Member
      Rxprn wrote: »
      Have any of you ever met a person who actually talks like Chantelle?
      She was on Lorraine a couple of weeks ago, and didn't sound like the character she portrays.
      Forum Member
      Donna was OK at times but I agree with you on all the other women. Add Ollie to that as well and new Doc Posh. Gemma is more pointless than annoying at the most. Always loved Chantelle and when Digby isn't being an idiot he's fine. Oh missed tonights ep but when was the last time we saw Ric?
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I enjoyed this episode and liked all three patient storylines actually. Chantelle and Arthur stole the show for me. They are an endearing and quirky pair. They so reminded me of a younger naïve version of Luc and Eddi without the sarcasm.

The Darwin storyline was particularly affecting and it was good to see Mo having a storyline of her own for a change. She was quite aloof with Jonny and you could kind of feel the pain of missing the child she gave birth too which was sad. She is like Jac in a way, that she is so dedicated to her patient’s care but Mo makes it a personal mission and gets too involved with the families where Jac is good at keeping her professional distance. I actually supported Jonny in going into the patient’s bag and trying to find out the truth although it was not the ethical thing to do but he kind of saved the patient’s life by giving Mo vital information about the patient’s medical status.
      :)
      With the Keller storyline, I was abit off-guard last week giving Cameron the benefit of the doubt, that he was basically a good kid who had was mixed up due to being in care home but this week he turned out to be a nasty and remorseless moron and I am glad that Arthur manned up and gave him a good throttling and was on to him from the word go and then set the police on to him. Cameron deserved his comeuppance by playing on Chantelle’s good will and gullible nature.:)

Chantelle and Arthur are just so charming and eccentric at the same time. They are both quite young and misunderstood young people and these two have natural chemistry together and work very well onscreen. I actually love Arthur’s awkwardness and how he tried to redeem himself to Chantelle. I am so glad that Sacha was in the rescue scene, I think we need to see more Sacha, Chantelle and Arthur scenes.:D

The weakest part of the episode was AAU, I did like the patient storyline on Syphilis and it was an interesting diagnosis, but what spoiled it for me was Harry and Gemma interactions. They have zero chemistry and Gemma always seems to be highly strung around Harry. Harry is such a bland la-di-da posh doc and I still find JK’s acting and speech delivery stilted and flat and I end up I just zoning out. The one thing I found hilarious though was when Marie-Claire got Harry’s credit card and got herself a good birthday present and she had the last laugh on Dr Posh. I think Marie-Claire needs to have a better storyline about her only rather than be the 3rd person in a love-triangle to give her character more depth.:sleep::yawn:

All in all good episode.
    • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,178
      Forum Member
      I think I said 'No Trouble, No Drama' and the credit originally goes to Iris Murdoch but thank you very much for the shout out Mariya.

I can not stand either of them really but I agree that Harry and Gemma are better apart. I"m not even enjoying Marie-Claire anymore. I've never particuarly liked her, thought she was rather lazy and up herself but at least she was fun to watch. The only time Gemma is okay is when she is with Digby and I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't know Digby has been attacked but the whole hospital was supposed to have known so she should have looked concerned.

There are also many more women on my annoyance list than men - in fact Owen is really the only one though Harry is showing signs of being a contender. There are loads of women though - Rosie, Kerry, Kyla (though she sometimes got at Chrissie which redeemed her a little), Sahira, Elisabeth, Tara and of course Chrissie.

Speaking of whom - marked contrast to the reactions when injured. Chantelle tries to make light of it whilst vain Chrissie screams 'my face, my face' in horror.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      kitkat1971 wrote: »
      I think I said 'No Trouble, No Drama' and the credit originally goes to Iris Murdoch but thank you very much for the shout out Mariya.

I can not stand either of them really but I agree that Harry and Gemma are better apart. I"m not even enjoying Marie-Claire anymore. I've never particuarly liked her, thought she was rather lazy and up herself but at least she was fun to watch. The only time Gemma is okay is when she is with Digby and I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't know Digby has been attacked but the whole hospital was supposed to have known so she should have looked concerned.

There are also many more women on my annoyance list than men - in fact Owen is really the only one though Harry is showing signs of being a contender. There are loads of women though - Rosie, Kerry, Kyla (though she sometimes got at Chrissie which redeemed her a little), Sahira, Elisabeth, Tara and of course Chrissie.

Speaking of whom - marked contrast to the reactions when injured. Chantelle tries to make light of it whilst vain Chrissie screams 'my face, my face' in horror.

Ahh Thanks Kitkat,:D that's the slogan, my mind is like a sieve, but that saying has kind of stuck in my mind now whenever I want a HEA or a positive outcome to a storyline, I have to bear that in mind that its not going to be smooth sailing.
    • Green FoxGreen Fox Posts: 184
      Forum Member
      Not really into this show anymore. I like the old days. Shame they aren't talked about on here much. The last time I watched it was on Harry Hill when Jac Naylor exploded a Jacket Potato in the microwave! LOL
    • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,178
      Forum Member
      My word - that was about season 10 I think when she was going through a nice phase. It was actually Donna that had the accident but Jac took the blame so she wouldn't get into trouble - senior Surgeon less likely to be shouted at than junior Nurse.

The old days don't tend to be talked about that much but I think it is purely because most posters have,kt seen them since transmission so can't remember details clearly enough to enter into much depth.
    • Green FoxGreen Fox Posts: 184
      Forum Member
      What a shame, I may have to catch up.
    This discussion has been closed.