Options

Bollywood movie interest?

chris_lynnchris_lynn Posts: 15
Forum Member
Does anyone have Bollywood movie interest? I mean just watch "Happy new year" and "Bang Bang" or even "Kick" movies.....I don't know if western people really have any interest in these kinda movies....

Comments

• Options
    Billy HicksBilly Hicks Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    The Bollywood - and sometimes Tamil - films at the Cineworld in Wembley are for the most part the most popular films we show, to the point where over the last few days we've had to cram in extra showings of Happy New Year as the scheduled ones kept selling out. On Saturday we did our screen introductions to the film in both English and Hindi!

The first really massive Bollywood we showed was Krrish 3 just after we opened last year, which I thought I'd check out with my free pass and was unexpectedly surprised - I had a rather backward view (and loads still seem to think this too) that all Bollywoods just consisted of people singing and dancing in fields for three hours. Trailers for the likes of Ram-Leela (huge) and Dhoom 3 (one of the biggest films we've ever shown) equally showed me that this definitely wasn't the case.

What's nice is that recently, as we give the general English films and the Indian films equal billing on the posters, customers who'd normally just show up for a Hollywood film have been watching Bollywoods here too to see what they're like. There's a film called 'PK' coming out at Christmas that looks like it'll be another blockbuster.
  • Options
    chris_lynnchris_lynn Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Sounds great! I just checked out PK trailer and glad to see Aamir Khan back in action. He got naked with radio...OMG
  • Options
    RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    I do see Bollywood films now and then but I have to be in the right sort of mood to enjoy them.

'Jai Ho' is by far the best that I've seen this year but also really enjoyed 'Happy New Year' which I saw on Sunday...