Sorry, who is on tonight...Michael Bubble????

Comments

• Skip_TechSkip_Tech Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    I like him but would prefer some UK acts such as Plan B, Pixie Lott, Saturdays, Tinie Tempah, McFly, Ting Tings, Scouting For Girls, The Script, The Wanted, Eliza Doolittle, Marina etc

exactly, it is not about whether he is good but the only reason he is on is some unforseen deal between SC and his label.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what? Michael can sing 100 times better than most of that talentless lot who perform usually *cough* Usher.

I look forward to someone who can sing in tune! :)
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Was that the one where he was singing in a supermarket??

yes :)
    agree with others that he has a fabulous voice.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like him but would prefer some UK acts such as Plan B, Pixie Lott, Saturdays, Tinie Tempah, McFly, Ting Tings, Scouting For Girls, The Script, The Wanted, Eliza Doolittle, Marina etc

I thought The Script were Irish
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fortunately we have the genuine, organic, homegrown talent that is Cheryl Cole performing tonight. I suspect most of us will have blissed off into oblivion after her performance and won't be paying any attention to this Micky Bubble chap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I thought The Script were Irish

Ah, yes, sorry. Ok UK and Irish acts then.
  • BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    Skip_Tech wrote: »
    Radio 1 dont play him

Am listening radio one and their playing him as I type.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was just on Radio One...

He is brilliant, naturally brilliant voice.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I;m glad it's not just me who doesn't get Michael Buble either. I've stopped listening to Heart FM because I am sick of hearing his awful, samey middle of the road dross all the time.
  • BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    I;m glad it's not just me who doesn't get Michael Buble either. I've stopped listening to Heart FM because I am sick of hearing his awful, samey middle of the road dross all the time.

Heart could make even the most die hard Buble fan want to shoot him.
    I don't think they could go a full half hour without playing him.
  • Cahoots~Cahoots~ Posts: 221
    Forum Member

*presets radio to receive Heart*

:p
  • almostblondealmostblonde Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    I love Michael Buble, I watch and vote on X-Factor, my favourite is Matt, I pay my TV license fee and I am over 60. Why should I not enjoy watching singers I like, I don't come on here and grumble when there are rappers and the like on, nothing wrong with variety.

I will look forward to tonight's show, you can always go out of the room for five minutes when Buble is on, like I did when Joe McElderry was on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Him + Cheryl

Great
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this wins the stupidest topic of the week award
  • Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    Michael Buble is huge, I'm always happy to see him perform.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For some reason The X Factor have some sort of thing for Michael Buble.

I'm not saying he isn't talented, or isn't successful, it's just that The X Factor itself go on and on about him and keep name-dropping him as though he's the new Michael Jackson or Elvis ever since he first got mentioned on the XF a couple of years ago and everybody went 'Michael who'?
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael is great, but I dont think he suits the X Factor. Oh well, atleast he'll sing live; he has a beautiful voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    A crooner from Canada who scrapes onto Radio 2 B list?

and what, he has been on the last 2 years?

WTF is that all about. This is the UK X Factor, surely a UK act could perform?

First we have Usher (wtf) and now the Bubble, who next Lennie Bennett?

get a grip Simon

As someone who works in a mainstream secondary school, I can say with some confidence that Buble is unbelievably popular with teenage girls...he has made swing stylish again, and most of the 16 year olds at my school have AT LEAST one Buble album on their iPods.....

Personally, he makes me swoon....
  • kittykat2010kittykat2010 Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio 1 dont play him

radio one needs selling to rupert murdoch it's full of people in their 30's trying to relate to 21 year olds and crying in their soup that unwashed men with guitars don't rule the world of music anymore
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Lets have a show about finding new home grown talent and then in order to show how it should be done we get a 40 something Canadian over to sing a song that is irrelevant to anyone under 40 in the UK

Brilliant
    :rolleyes:

Firstly, i have to point out - MB is not 40 something... try early to mid 30s !

Secondly, he has been around in the music business for approx 14 yrs, and if anyone is qualified to represent just what the "xfactor" is, it is him. He has grafted and worked hard to reach where he is now !

Thirdly - MB is a true true talent. Anyone who can sing at the NIA in birmingham, without a microphone and can be heard at the back of the room, clearly far outweighs some of the "talent" we have overhere.

So he may not be to your taste, fair enough. But to deny his talent and ability is ridiculous. He is very relevant and I for one, will gladly watch the Buble over anyone else they can offer up in the coming weeks. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The wanted >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wrong direction

Buble is gorgeous and very talented btw :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buble has a great voice. I caught three of his songs last night on An Audience With....and each one was autotuned from start to finish. It sounded awful to be honest, totally unnatural. I wonder why ITV did that?
  • Ginger GeekGinger Geek Posts: 6,182
    Forum Member
    Since when has Radio1 been the definer of all good music?

Radio1 is the pop channel for yoof. Why do the yoof think that only they can say what music is?

Typical mindset of the teenies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets have a show about finding new home grown talent and then in order to show how it should be done we get a 40 something Canadian over to sing a song that is irrelevant to anyone under 40 in the UK

Brilliant
    :rolleyes:

Not that it's that important but Buble is 35, not 40+ :)
  • Ginger GeekGinger Geek Posts: 6,182
    Forum Member
    Blahgirl wrote: »
    Buble is gorgeous and very talented btw :D

And a multi-million record seller around the world.

But because he isn't in the teenie world, he is nothing and Cher is better. :rolleyes: