Options

This heat‘s making me ill

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    is age also a factor as this is the first year I‘ve suffered from it.
    Normally it‘s just lack of sleep and concentration.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This heat makes me want to do things it's too bloody hot to do.

Spot on.

I should go to the beach - but can't risk being in the sun for long at the moment.

I should bloody clean the kitchen even, but after any exertion I'm sweating buckets.

And I'm overcome with lethargy an' all.
  • Options
    SwipeSwipe Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    Only 21C here and it feels way too cold
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too. I was nearly sick a few times last week and today I have a horrible headache. This is how I get whenever we have a heatwave. I wish I could enjoy it with the majority but it just makes me feel miserable at best and unwell at worst.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a few sun worshipers that i know, that are starting to crumble and get a bit sick of it now as well. One of them was telling folk last week on fb to stop whining about the constant heat. Oh, how the tables turn.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drink plenty, rest when you can, and try and stay in the shade.

This weather will pass and in a couple of months time people will start to complain about the cold and the heatwave will be forgotten.
  • Options
    ToriamathToriamath Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been horrible in the South East for the last 2-3 weeks but today it feels like there may finally be a change in the weather coming soon. It's actually windy and the temperature is in the low 20s. I can sympathise with you though, luckily this year I've been able to stay out of the sun the majority of the time but before when it's been hot and I've had to be outside, the sun gives me terrible headaches.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Start from the inside ... drink plenty of cold fluids, eat ice cream, wear cool wet clothes, sit in shade, open all windows... spicy food also helps
  • Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feels much cooler today, thank god..the heat was getting to me as well...but I managed to get hold of a big conference hall fan..sounds like a wind tunnel, but really helps cool me down.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It definitely feels a lot fresher today. Last night was I think the hottest I've been during the entire heat wave. Just sitting inside the house was unbearable, our living room is usually really cool because its big and never gets any sun on it, but it was so stuffy even in there last night. We had the lights out, the windows wide open, fan on it was still boling hot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toriamath wrote: »
    It's been horrible in the South East for the last 2-3 weeks but today it feels like there may finally be a change in the weather coming soon. It's actually windy and the temperature is in the low 20s. I can sympathise with you though, luckily this year I've been able to stay out of the sun the majority of the time but before when it's been hot and I've had to be outside, the sun gives me terrible headaches.

It is overall much more comfortable today but it has still been muggy at points and it's a bit too little too late in terms of my health as the damage has been done thanks to last week. I feel utterly lousy today. I would like to see those who abuse people for disliking the heat go through this. They'd understand then.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is overall much more comfortable today but it has still been muggy at points and it's a bit too little too late in terms of my health as the damage has been done thanks to last week. I feel utterly lousy today. I would like to see those who abuse people for disliking the heat go through this. They'd understand then.

They might but there has to be a bit of intellectual disadvantage there in the first place.

Do you find that it takes a long time for you to recover the effects of prolonged heat?

I go through hell but find that out of the heat it only takes me a couple of days to recover. That is physical recovery and the depression lifting (clinical depression not just feeling a bit blue). It is like magic.

I hope you find the same.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    I've been suffering with blocked sinuses and a chesty cough for the past week thanks to the 3 weeks of still, oppressive heat and lack of sleep throughout. I'm so glad it's been a lot cooler today!
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt a bit foul earlier, after coming in from a morning jaunt round town, in the heat. I felt drowsy and had a headache. Also, since it got very hot, I've had this weird hot uncomfortable inflammation of the skin around my upper lip and chin. I suspect it might be somehow connected with the facial hair I have there and so I had a bit of a shave earlier. Anyone else with facial hair experience such things in hot weather?
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say it's nice to feel comfortable again. So much fresher today.
  • Options
    HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Avoid alcohol.
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we're not used to this weather.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,012
    Forum Member
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Avoid alcohol.

:eek::eek::eek:
    Kidding! :p

It's a bit warm......
    I recall being in Turkey when it was 40C+......
    There was vapour coming off the sea! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i hate the heat too..I have to change my underwear at least 3 times a day as they get wet :D
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i hate the heat too..I have to change my underwear at least 3 times a day as they get wet :D

Good grief :eek::p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Surely you have had pm's asking if any are for sale orangemaid :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    I'm feeling a lot better now (I was posting as Chromedragon on my mobile phone). Normally I've been pissed off, unable to sleep and unable to concentrate.