Options

EE Thursday 29th August @ 7.30pm: The Bartender & The Thief.

Comments

• Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    [/B]

And next year the UK will win Eurovision as well. ;)

Well it's the logical outcome, whether you joke about it or not. Pandering to any audience demographic is always a bad move because it inevitably alienates other demographics. Finding a balance that works is key. Eastenders used to have that balance; now it doesn't.
    dan2008 wrote: »
    I did...As a young kid/Teen Peggy,Dot(.Pat,Pauline)Phil,Ian,Sharon were among my fav characters and still are

EastEnders has a mixed range of viewers so there needs to be something for everyone (or at least most) this week we have had the teens but then we have had some older characters too.
    When was growing up watching EE, Grant and Phil were my favs, I even named my rabbit after Grant, was going to get another boy rabbit and name him Phil, but he died :( even in my teens the likes of Dot, Pat, Pauline, Ian were my favs.

Which just goes to show that just because the show has a large teen audience, that doesn't mean it has to cram teen storylines into every nook and cranny. Young people are perfectly capable of investing in more 'adult' things; adults, on the other hand, will find it more difficult to invest in a bunch of kids getting wrapped up in shallow melodramas - and that's where you lose viewers.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind there being a focus on teenagers from time to time, as long as they aren't constantly given generic and predictable teen dramas e.g. cheating boyfriends, which to be fair in Eastenders, I don't feel they are. Lauren's alcoholism storyline is good, Jay copping off with a barmaid out of the blue doesn't look as appealing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan_Brown wrote: »
    Jean is bat shit crazy.

:D:D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    Well it's the logical outcome, whether you joke about it or not. Pandering to any audience demographic is always a bad move because it inevitably alienates other demographics. Finding a balance that works is key. Eastenders used to have that balance; now it doesn't.

Well said!
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When was growing up watching EE, Grant and Phil were my favs, I even named my rabbit after Grant, was going to get another boy rabbit and name him Phil, but he died :( even in my teens the likes of Dot, Pat, Pauline, Ian were my favs.

Lol aww that's sweet
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan_Brown wrote: »
    Tara is bat shit crazy.

Fix'd.

Is she just a gold-digger, or is she
    after Lexi
    ? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neonkt1 wrote: »
    Well said!

Well not really as some shows work just because they aim at one particular demographic solely.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I don't mind there being a focus on teenagers from time to time, as long as they aren't constantly given generic and predictable teen dramas e.g. cheating boyfriends, which to be fair in Eastenders, I don't feel they are. Lauren's alcoholism storyline is good, Jay copping off with a barmaid out of the blue doesn't look as appealing.

This year we've only had Lola's custody battle, Liam's gang s/l, Whitney reacting to Tony's suicide and Lauren's alcoholism. They've been OK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    This year we've only had Lola's custody battle, Liam's gang s/l, Whitney reacting to Tony's suicide and Lauren's alcoholism. They've been OK.

I really enjoyed the Tony reaction storyline.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »

Liam's gang storyline did feel like more like it belonged in a "gangs are bad, kids!" DVD you'd show in schools, rather than an gripping piece of drama aimed at everyone most of the time. I have no issue with EE trying to educate people with its storylines but I felt the stuff Liam was shown to have got up with the gang was too tame and that a lot of teens might have seen worse in their lives, so wouldn't have been affected much.

The other 3 storylines you mention were alright. The type of stuff I'm really referring to is The Mundane Daily Adventures Of Fatboy And Poppy. They don't seem to do much but laugh at Poppy's dippiness and try and pimp out Alice and Tamwar.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    Fix'd.

Is she just a gold-digger, or is she
    after Lexi
    ? :eek:
    You have been reading Dan2008's posts and threads too much :p
  • Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    .exe wrote: »
    I don't usually like recasts but they have found a gem in NuPeter, he has gelled really well.

Dexter is a Pratt, get rid.

That barmaid is not 'hot' at all, and the character is a tart, defo think she and her dad have something to do with the money going missing. As dexter said he was with her at the time, but she would have told her dad what caravan they were in.

Jay is an idiot, poor Abi.

Lola will soon forget about peters tale and jump into bed with him.

I still detest Cindy.

I think she is hot :D

Not sure if its just me but i have a feeling Sam could be involved.
    He knew Dexter was flogging the motor, he knew where the caravan was.
  • Options
    computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter's story still doesn't explain why he's so angry at his sister.
  • Options
    BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching this on BBC 3, was there an annoying Radio 1 advert that interrupted the main edition on BBC 1?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BigDuck wrote: »
    Just watching this on BBC 3, was there an annoying Radio 1 advert that interrupted the main edition on BBC 1?
    No...There was a radio1 trailer just before it though....Maybe BBC3 had a tech error?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How old is that saucy blonde barmaid supposed to be?
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cindy knows about it so I guess for Peter it brings back memories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No...There was a radio1 trailer just before it though....Maybe BBC3 had a tech error?

Nah, it was deliberate thing.

The titles started, but there was "interference" and then this advert interrupted them.

After it finished, the titles started for real. It annoyed me anyway...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nah, it was deliberate thing.

The titles started, but there was "interference" and then this advert interrupted them.

After it finished, the titles started for real. It annoyed me anyway...
    Very strange....wish I watched on BBC3 now as I am curious :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very strange....wish I watched on BBC3 now as I am curious :D

No really, it was very annoying.

Unless the idea of Nick Grimshaw's face bursting through the Eastenders map does it for ya like.

Who am I to judge!? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No really, it was very annoying.

Unless the idea of Nick Grimshaw's face bursting through the Eastenders map does it for ya like.

Who am I to judge!? :D
    :D

Not really....Can't stand him :)
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the teens are on screen, why do people presume that it's aimed at teens?

Does everyone only like watching their own age group?
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,863
    Forum Member
    So who nicked the money then? I've got no sympathy for Dexter. What an idiot to be so casual in throwing 10 grand around like that and then heading off to the pub!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's because she has been holding that secret over him.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teen week part 3
    Starring Billy MItchell and Jean Slater
    lola_skye wrote: »
    Dexter really does overact !
    Init
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Well it's nice for Billy to have some screen time.
    Nice for Silly Billy anyway
    Billy spends all that money, just like that? Thought he was meant to be on the breadline.
    Idiots like Silly Billy will always be skint. If they get money they just waste it. :rolleyes:
    Go Kim! Nice for her to stick up for Billy
    Bit out of character:eek:
    lola_skye wrote: »
    Why didn't she take the test BEFORE telling him? Silly girl
    Good point : Well made
    Surely at least one of them has enough of a brain to realise the very people they sold the car to knew they had the money in the caravan.
    Nope. I don't think so:(
    Tanequil wrote: »
    Phil will make Dexter Kitty litter.
    Philth was an idiot to think he would come back with £10K
    Anyone else think Billy and Kim have good chemistry together? Character-wise..
    Not me
    Did Kim just give Billy THE look?
    Yes she did:eek:
    Anyone think Billy and Kim are going to get it on
    Only if he hasn't wasted all his money
    I will give EE some credit, they've done a great job in casting the new Peter!
    He's not very Bealish
    Dexter is gonna tell Abi innit because that's not cool innit cheating on Abi innit cos she's my cousin innit.
    Quite right init
    I really liked that episode.
    It was OK and I voted accordingly
    .exe wrote: »
    Jay is an idiot, poor Abi.
    Indeed
    Lola will soon forget about peters tale and jump into bed with him.
    I can't see her going swimming with him.
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    How old is that saucy blonde barmaid supposed to be?
    At least 18