Options

Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun have gone with this story today:

GRIEVING Thomas Cohen walks with his arm round sister-in-law Tiger Lily yesterday — 24 hours after his wife Peaches was cremated.

Here's the pic in case none of you want to give them website hits. http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01963/tom_1963540a.jpg

The way they've worded that headline bothers me.
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »

GRIEVING Thomas Cohen walks with his arm round sister-in-law Tiger Lily yesterday — 24 hours after his wife Peaches was cremated.

Here's the pic in case none of you want to give them website hits. http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01963/tom_1963540a.jpg

They will all need each other to help them through their grief in the months to come. The sisters all seem very close.

I can't begin to imagine how painful it is for the whole family. It's just so very tragic. Still can hardly believe Peaches is dead.

Although I can see bits of Paula, Tiger is just so like Michael. I can really see Kell, Michael's dad in her, too.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    I can't begin to imagine how painful it is for the whole family. It's just so very tragic. Still can hardly believe Peaches is dead.

I can't either. I mentioned I went to school with Tom, and it seems to surreal that this is happening to him, but I saw them at London Bridge station a few weeks ago, running for a train with the two boys in prams. She was pushing one, he was pushing the other. She was running ahead, and shouted back, "Thomas! What are you doing Thomas?!?!" as he was slowly strolling along behind her. I found it hilarious at the time, but now I can't stop thinking about it. Something so trivial, so normal, yet something they won't ever do again as a family.

It's The Sun. I'm not shocked at anything they write or try to suggest.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And printed probably the only one without them looking distressed
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Pretty nasty thing to do. People often smile and laugh in the days after someone has died; often when they're remembering something funny they did or said. It's a strange time and you haven't really taken everything in fully. You tend to act as normally as possible a lot of the time to stop yourself from going crazy.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For once, I don't think The Sun have done anything wrong or that's trying to be deliberately misconstrued.

Admittedly, it's a bit of a non-story; the poor woman is dead and her family are attempting to pick up the pieces, but I think to suggest it is implying an inappropriate level of intimacy or that anything untoward is going on is a bit much.

The Daily Mail, however, did have a small article about Fifi posting pics of her new man on FB on the day of the funeral which certainly DID seem to suggest - in the way it was worded and structured - that her behaviour is inappropriate for a grieving sister.

I just wish the press would leave them alone to grieve in private.

Posting all this probably hasn't helped to be fair.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Maybe it's her way of saying she's disconnected from all of this?

It's possible there was no love lost? Families don't always get on and people grieve and show their quirks in different ways.

Really don't know what to make of it and not condemning anyone, just an observation, and it's really their biz.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I can't either. I mentioned I went to school with Tom, and it seems to surreal that this is happening to him, but I saw them at London Bridge station a few weeks ago, running for a train with the two boys in prams. She was pushing one, he was pushing the other. She was running ahead, and shouted back, "Thomas! What are you doing Thomas?!?!" as he was slowly strolling along behind her. I found it hilarious at the time, but now I can't stop thinking about it. Something so trivial, so normal, yet something they won't ever do again as a family.

That's heartbreaking.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail, however, did have a small article about Fifi posting pics of her new man on FB on the day of the funeral which certainly DID seem to suggest - in the way it was worded and structured - that her behaviour is inappropriate for a grieving sister.

I feel bad commenting on this too but... re Fifi - oldest daughter, had to be grown-up and brave when her mum died and support her younger sisters, also be a support to her father; now, from what media reports suggest, currently supporting her father and presumably, again, her younger sisters. Looking like the 'strongest' person or the one least affected by grief is no guide to the reality.

Hope someone's looking after her.
  • Options
    Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think her sister posting on Facebook was inappropriate! Peaches herself loved social media and had it been someone else in the family who had died- I reckon Peaches would have posted something within the week.
    As for the Sun article about Thomas and Tiger Lily I hope there was nothing insinuated in the wording. I'm sure there wasn't but with tabloids you can never really tell.
    It's nice to see Thomas and the sisters have a good relationship they certainly are going to need each other. And those little babies will need all their aunties. A truly tragic story x
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    I'm not trying to be cynical but judging from similar cases in the past (Paul McCartney, Caron Keating's husband) I doubt he will be alone for long.

I dunno, Paul McCartney is a very high status male. Peaches' widower is a relative unknown.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For once, I don't think The Sun have done anything wrong or that's trying to be deliberately misconstrued.

Admittedly, it's a bit of a non-story; the poor woman is dead and her family are attempting to pick up the pieces, but I think to suggest it is implying an inappropriate level of intimacy or that anything untoward is going on is a bit much.

wilehelmas wrote: »
    ^ Maybe it's her way of saying she's disconnected from all of this?

It's possible there was no love lost? Families don't always get on and people grieve and show their quirks in different ways.

Really don't know what to make of it and not condemning anyone, just an observation, and it's really their biz.

[QUOTE=Sarah Anne;72342170]I don't think her sister posting on Facebook was inappropriate! Peaches herself loved social media and had it been someone else in the family who had died- I reckon Peaches would have posted something within the week.
    As for the Sun article about Thomas and Tiger Lily I hope there was nothing insinuated in the wording. I'm sure there wasn't but with tabloids you can never really tell.
    It's nice to see Thomas and the sisters have a good relationship they certainly are going to need each other. And those little babies will need all their aunties. A truly tragic story x[/QUOTE]

Please - can I just state - I DON'T think Fifi's behaviour has been in any way 'inappropriate'. People grieve differently - and frankly it's none of my damn business what she chooses to do. I was merely commenting on the snide tone of the DM article which seemed to be suggesting there WAS a level of inappropriateness.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing The Sun says or does surprises me. Just when you thought that it couldn't stoop any lower.
  • Options
    PPWWPPWW Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry to cut your post, but don't we think this is exactly what has happened? Apart for this sun pic. There have been NO pics of the family, and funeral converge was very small.

I was thinking bob must have a lot of clout with the press, because he has managed the impossible. Good on him.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    PPWW wrote: »
    Sorry to cut your post, but don't we think this is exactly what has happened? Apart for this sun pic. There have been NO pics of the family, and funeral converge was very small.

I was thinking bob must have a lot of clout with the press, because he has managed the impossible. Good on him.

Yes I said the same a page or so back, quite remarkable how low key the coverage has been after the initial flurry. It's a good thing and rather rare.
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing The Sun says or does surprises me. Just when you thought that it couldn't stoop any lower.

As I always say, the Scum nickname was well earned. :(
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please - can I just state - I DON'T think Fifi's behaviour has been in any way 'inappropriate'. People grieve differently - and frankly it's none of my damn business what she chooses to do. I was merely commenting on the snide tone of the DM article which seemed to be suggesting there WAS a level of inappropriateness.

I completely agree.

When my grandad - who I was very close to but also had a very difficult relationship with - died, I more or less carried on as normal (aside from insomnia so severe I had to go to the doctor for sleeping pills and no one knew about that aside from my very closest family members) because I was scared to let myself grieve. I barely cried and wouldn't have done the whole public grieving thing anyway. It's high time people got over themselves and left others alone to grieve or not grieve as they please. Grief policing seemed to start with the death of Princess Diana and I can't express how much I hate it.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I still do not understand what happened to Peaches. She was 25 FGS and yet we are told it was "natural"!!!! No sign of a heart attack and we are all waiting for toxicology report. Does not make any sense to me that a beautiful young girl is found dead at the age of 25 yet the autopsy can find nothing amiss!!!

The only thing I noticed is that she was incredibly thin just before she died. Considering she had two babies close together it was amazing that she was so slender. I have never seen any pics of Peaches looking thinner than she did, just before she died.
  • Options
    notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They haven't said there was no sign of heart attack. They've said it was 'inconclusive'. This could mean that there is cardiac damage but they're waiting on toxicology to see what was ingested in case that caused it. Or it could be her weight. It could be anything.

Inconclusive pending toxicology does not mean nothing was found.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. & young people DO die of natural causes. Yes, it's rare - but it DOES Happen.

I can't understand why people don't seem to be able to accept this as fact?
  • Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    Lets no forget the personal fortune he made on the back of Liveaid. .....I think Tiger Lily would have been safer and better off with the Hutchence family.

I think that debate got done to death on the Hutchence thread but I strongly disagree with you - I think the Hutchence family sound like god awful guardians to me.

I don't think Bob is a saint but I think he did the best he could for his family under the circumstances and this must be a horredous blow.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    I think that debate got done to death on the Hutchence thread but I strongly disagree with you - I think the Hutchence family sound like god awful guardians to me.

I don't think Bob is a saint but I think he did the best he could for his family under the circumstances and this must be a horredous blow

Kat, couldn't agree more. Totally agree.:)
  • Options
    Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Sir Bob did what he thought was best for the girls. They had lost their mother and he probably didn't want them to loose their sister as well. I think most decent fathers would do the same.
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read some further details about the funeral and how all Peaches closest family members contributed to her service. Holy moly, even reading about it is just terrible. I youtubed the Leonard Cohen song Tom sang, accompanied by Jools Holland. Heartbreaking when you listen to the poignant lyrics. Seems silly as I didn't know Peaches, but I just feel so terribly sad about it. I remember all Paula's girls being born (not fifi, but I remember her in the FTW video). Such a terrible loss of a young life and two little cherubs now without their mummy.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    Just read some further details about the funeral and how all Peaches closest family members contributed to her service. Holy moly, even reading about it is just terrible. I youtubed the Leonard Cohen song Tom sang, accompanied by Jools Holland. Heartbreaking when you listen to the poignant lyrics. Seems silly as I didn't know Peaches, but I just feel so terribly sad about it. I remember all Paula's girls being born (not fifi, but I remember her in the FTW video). Such a terrible loss of a young life and two little cherubs now without their mummy.

:cry: Oh Jesus that's made me weep.:(