Couples ever alone in training ?

2»

Comments

• memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course, it should be quite simple to find out for sure. Either send in an email asking the question once ITT starts, or else ask one of the pros (past or present) or former contestants on twitter.

Or am I being too sensible? I quite understand the joy of debate and that a definitive answer can spoil that pleasure.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    Of course, it should be quite simple to find out for sure. Either send in an email asking the question once ITT starts, or else ask one of the pros (past or present) or former contestants on twitter.

Or am I being too sensible? I quite understand the joy of debate and that a definitive answer can spoil that pleasure.

On this thread olive has already asked Karen, who replied by twitter that they are filmed for most of the time in training
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    On this thread olive has already asked Karen, who replied by twitter that they are filmed for most of the time in training
    Thanks, I must have overlooked that post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, I must have overlooked that post.

Easily done. ;-)
    I don't use twitter myself but I do enjoy how accessible it makes people for direct questions
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    Of course they are not filmed all the time, are you people crazy? Even the wasteful BBC, who throw buckets full of money at this show, wouldn't be so stupid. They only need a few minutes per week for fillers between dances and items on ITT - there have been quite a few unfilmed injuries during training over the years which would have featured if they had recorded them. And they definitely send a film crew because you can occasionally see them in the mirrors.

I reckon the 95% alone theory is the closest guess.

not according to Karen who I asked yesterday via twitter, I asked her if they were filmed 24/7 and she replied "most hours" that, to me, suggests they are filmed 95% of the time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd guess that as others in this thread have suggested, most of the time it's an unmanned camera filming them and a cameraman only comes in and out every so often to check on things and make sure the tape's running properly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd guess that as others in this thread have suggested, most of the time it's an unmanned camera filming them and a cameraman only comes in and out every so often to check on things and make sure the tape's running properly.

not sure tbh - I did ask her if she had a camera crew with her 24/7 not just a camera and she replied 'most hours'.......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    not sure tbh - I did ask her if she had a camera crew with her 24/7 not just a camera and she replied 'most hours'.......
    Fair enough. But then, it's hardly going to be dozens of people per couple. It's probably one or two people per couple only (apart from the silly, gimmicky, "funny" - not! - scripted, parts of the VTs), and the number of couples drops each week, which gradually reduces the number of camera crews needed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough. But then, it's hardly going to be dozens of people per couple. It's probably one or two people per couple only (apart from the silly, gimmicky, "funny" - not! - scripted, parts of the VTs), and the number of couples drops each week, which gradually reduces the number of camera crews needed.

I didn't say it was dozens of people per couple, I can't imagine any couple requiring more than 2 camera crew
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    I didn't say it was dozens of people per couple, I can't imagine any couple requiring more than 2 camera crew
    I didn't say you did. I was just making an observation to those who didn't like the idea of the BBC paying for camera crews to record all the training. Sorry if it came across as having a dig at you, that wasn't my intention.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why not film them all the time, they must be paying the stricly cameras peanuts judging by the monkey camerawork on the main show. I'm surprised we don't get clips of their own bums and faces trying to figure out the buttons like the monkey selfie. If those aerial shots aren't done with their tails wrapped around the gantry I'm a lemur.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why not film them all the time, they must be paying the stricly cameras peanuts judging by the monkey camerawork on the main show. I'm surprised we don't get clips of their own bums and faces trying to figure out the buttons like the monkey selfie. If those aerial shots aren't done with their tails wrapped around the gantry I'm a lemur.

:D:D
    You don't want to be in the Post of the Day thread I guess. You're too freelance for all that.
    But this is my stand up post of the day because a) funny and b) accurate c) alive with monkeys on every line
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    looks like you got a simi-an just thinking about it
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel Riley and Pasha must have been alone in training as they were clearly doing things together other than dancing.