Options

The Peter Andre Appreciation Thread.

Comments

• Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry poll I had it on in the background for most of the day but must have missed it when I had to switch off. It's the Disney on Ice one I'd like to track down to hear exactly what was said but no joy so far.

I've never lived near enough to an Iceland to consider shopping there and their infamous ready meals are less than tempting but I think they were the first supermarket to go 100% organic and GM free. Sales slumped as their customer base wasn't supportive so they had to backtrack but they were also the first to remove all artificial colours, flavours and non essential preservatives so I approve of that. From what I've read they're aiming to take on Aldi and Lidl in the battle for the cost conscious middle class market. Will be interesting to hear what Elle thought of what they have to offer.
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Sorry poll I had it on in the background for most of the day but must have missed it when I had to switch off. It's the Disney on Ice one I'd like to track down to hear exactly what was said but no joy so far.

I've never lived near enough to an Iceland to consider shopping there and their infamous ready meals are less than tempting but I think they were the first supermarket to go 100% organic and GM free. Sales slumped as their customer base wasn't supportive so they had to backtrack but they were also the first to remove all artificial colours, flavours and non essential preservatives so I approve of that. From what I've read they're aiming to take on Aldi and Lidl in the battle for the cost conscious middle class market. Will be interesting to hear what Elle thought of what they have to offer.

I would have to travel in to town to shop at Iceland, there is a huge Tesco store not far from my home so I tend to go there. Pete doing the ads for Iceland wont make me all of a sudden decide to go in to town to shop there, I will continue to shop at Tesco for convenience and choice...Sorry Pete.:(

It's a shame you didn't get to hear the interview, like you say, it's always good to hear what actually comes out of the horses mouth.

I've got a day off today....YAY... I have things to do today but I will be able to pop in now and again to join in the 'fun'.:cool::)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually go to Waitrose because our local one is tiny so you can whizz round quickly and I've got to know some of the staff so it's nice to have friendly chats, just go to the big one's for extra special offers or Pete's brand of coffee!

The interview might not even have been broadcast yet sometimes they seem to record ahead. Ah well, I don't listen to the radio much so a day of golden oldies made a change :D I always prefer to hear the context and the tone something is said in to judge for myself. He'd have been wiser to avoid mentioning altogether given the timing but it's only news because he's been much better at not responding to questions about his ex or getting into tit for tat media spats in the last couple of years.

Enjoy your free day! I'm at home too as youngest has sickness bug but will have to do some work - hopefully catch up during lunch break :)
  • Options
    Elle_JamesElle_James Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hiya girlies!

Weeeell, I have to report that I am very impressed with what I have seen so far with Iceland. I hadn't realised that a huge percentage of their products are all brand names......and much cheaper than in the supermarkets I use. I didn't buy a great deal as I was on my own, and still having to be careful of my spine. What I did get.......tuna steaks, cauli and "Peter's Peas" were great value, and very tasty. Oh and some gorgeous Belgian chocolate profiteroles. Like most of you, I'm a fair distance from my nearest store, but I chatted to the girl on the till - the till this time, not the bus, train, or plane. I'm such a chatterer aren't I? Amazing the stuff you learn by being pleasant with folk. Anyhow, they do free delivery on online orders, and that suits me down to the ground. Have a look at their online shopping website and you'll see what I mean about the variety of branded goods. Right, must contact Claire about my fee!

With regards to the interview and Princess, apparently Peter was being asked about his children, in relation to Disney, and their likes and dislikes. He said Junior has become football mad, and his uncles take him to matches, and that Princess is a real tomboy, rejecting all girly things right now. A blind man on a flying horse would be able to see the connection between Disney and her given name. Anyhow, nowt to do with her daft mother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I usually go to Waitrose because our local one is tiny so you can whizz round quickly and I've got to know some of the staff so it's nice to have friendly chats, just go to the big one's for extra special offers or Pete's brand of coffee!

The interview might not even have been broadcast yet sometimes they seem to record ahead. Ah well, I don't listen to the radio much so a day of golden oldies made a change :D I always prefer to hear the context and the tone something is said in to judge for myself. He'd have been wiser to avoid mentioning altogether given the timing but it's only news because he's been much better at not responding to questions about his ex or getting into tit for tat media spats in the last couple of years.

Enjoy your free day! I'm at home too as youngest has sickness bug but will have to do some work - hopefully catch up during lunch break :)

Oh, I've been forgetting to look for Pete's coffee when I go to Tesco. Though, to be honest, I don't drink that much coffee, I normally just have one cup at work in the morning and that's it, I might have the odd cup at home but I don't drink it every day so a jar of coffee lasts me yonks. I might give his coffee a try though when I've finished what I've got left at home.:)

As for what he said in the Disney interview, I don't believe it was a deliberate dig at his ex wife but like you say, given the timing he would have been wiser to not mention it.
    Elle_James wrote: »
    Hiya girlies!

Weeeell, I have to report that I am very impressed with what I have seen so far with Iceland. I hadn't realised that a huge percentage of their products are all brand names......and much cheaper than in the supermarkets I use. I didn't buy a great deal as I was on my own, and still having to be careful of my spine. What I did get.......tuna steaks, cauli and "Peter's Peas" were great value, and very tasty. Oh and some gorgeous Belgian chocolate profiteroles. Like most of you, I'm a fair distance from my nearest store, but I chatted to the girl on the till - the till this time, not the bus, train, or plane. I'm such a chatterer aren't I? Amazing the stuff you learn by being pleasant with folk. Anyhow, they do free delivery on online orders, and that suits me down to the ground. Have a look at their online shopping website and you'll see what I mean about the variety of branded goods. Right, must contact Claire about my fee!

With regards to the interview and Princess, apparently Peter was being asked about his children, in relation to Disney, and their likes and dislikes. He said Junior has become football mad, and his uncles take him to matches, and that Princess is a real tomboy, rejecting all girly things right now. A blind man on a flying horse would be able to see the connection between Disney and her given name. Anyhow, nowt to do with her daft mother.

Like I said in my earlier post, I don't go to Iceland and as much as I like to support Mr A him promoting them is not reason enough for me to start shopping there. Like I said, I shop for convenience and choice.

However, you have given me food for thought(:D) with your information that they sell a lot of branded stuff at competitive prices...and they deliver free as well?:o

I might just have a look online now at what they have to offer.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Elle, you've encouraged me to search out the Brighton one when visiting the boys, why pay more than you need to for branded products. Great pitch, you've earned your commission ;-):D

I'm just the same re: chatting to all and sundry to the embarrassment of my family, 'but you don't KNOW them ...' and it's a great way to find stuff out. And yes life tends to be a whole lot more enjoyable when you're pleasant to the people around you.

Hadn't thought about Disney Princesses but that makes sense in the context of the interview. Bista is so close to Junior it's not surprising if she's a tomboy. At her age I had my hair cropped and wanted to do everything my brothers did. Doesn't mean she doesn't enjoy some girly time with her Mum too. So doesn't appear that Pete said anything about his not liking her name, just laughing about the different phases children go through as most parents do.

ETA Has she convinced you too Nic? I'd hold out for a double fee Elle - you're worth it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is so adorable :) I was searching for the Disney on Ice interview (have concluded that it hasn't been broadcast yet so possibly might be on this Sunday's Green Room) but found this telephone interview with him about the P&S movie and you can hear newborn Amelia cooing in the background as he was cradling her at the time. http://radioplayer.magic.co.uk/437/peter-andre-chat/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Elle, you've encouraged me to search out the Brighton one when visiting the boys, why pay more than you need to for branded products. Great pitch, you've earned your commission ;-):D

I'm just the same re: chatting to all and sundry to the embarrassment of my family, 'but you don't KNOW them ...' and it's a great way to find stuff out. And yes life tends to be a whole lot more enjoyable when you're pleasant to the people around you.

Hadn't thought about Disney Princesses but that makes sense in the context of the interview. Bista is so close to Junior it's not surprising if she's a tomboy. At her age I had my hair cropped and wanted to do everything my brothers did. Doesn't mean she doesn't enjoy some girly time with her Mum too. So doesn't appear that Pete said anything about his not liking her name, just laughing about the different phases children go through as most parents do.

ETA Has she convinced you too Nic? I'd hold out for a double fee Elle - you're worth it :D

Hmmm.....I'm 'wavering' Sam.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    Hmmm.....I'm 'wavering' Sam.:D

Perhaps Elle will be prepared to slip you some of her ill-gotten gains. What do you fancy the profiteroles or Peter's peas?

ETA Can I rephrase my last ETA to "Hold out for some more lolly elle - because you're worth it" that's better :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps Elle will be prepared to slip you some of her ill-gotten gains. What do you fancy the profiteroles or the Peter's peas?

Oooh...that's a difficult choice..

Give me a second to think about it....

PROFITEROLES please Elle! I'll need to sample before I'm swayed.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Write up from Instinct PR on Disney on Ice http://www.instinct-pr.com/blog/2014/09/19/touch-magic-peter-andre-disney-ice-celebrates-100-years-magic/
    wrote:
    A mere three days later, we were back in London to spend the day with the official Disney On Ice Celebrates 100 Years of Magic ambassador..the one and only Peter Andre!

It’s the second time we’ve had the pleasure of working for Peter on Disney On Ice and he was a true professional. We had an action packed schedule including four hours of radio interviews, a trip to Bauer Media for a catch up with Heat and Magic Radio before ending up at instinct towers to finish the day off with a range of print interviews.

Peter also took the time to tweet and sign a range of merchandise and will be coming along to see the show at London’s 02 Arena in December!

Pretty intense these promo days!
  • Options
    Elle_JamesElle_James Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    Oooh...that's a difficult choice..

Give me a second to think about it....

PROFITEROLES please Elle!
    I'll need to sample before I'm swayed.:D

There ya go Modom......with a ton of double cream on.....if I'm gonna get fat doing all this research, you're joining me! Oh I forgot, I also got some Belgian chocolate eclairs, and a strawberry cheesecake, both just 89p each. Haven't tried them yet, will report in due course.
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They do brand names as well though sam . That's why I don't get the snobbery .You aren't forced to buy iceland own brands ,but lots of their stuff is jolly good value and tasty too . Plus they don't just do frozen things but also dry goods and all sorts of stuff .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A mere three days later, we were back in London to spend the day with the official Disney On Ice Celebrates 100 Years of Magic ambassador..the one and only Peter Andre!

It’s the second time we’ve had the pleasure of working for Peter on Disney On Ice and he was a true professional. We had an action packed schedule including four hours of radio interviews, a trip to Bauer Media for a catch up with Heat and Magic Radio before ending up at instinct towers to finish the day off with a range of print interviews.

Peter also took the time to tweet and sign a range of merchandise and will be coming along to see the show at London’s 02 Arena in December!

Blimey that is a hell of of a packed schedule for just one day .:o
    Kind of kills the lie that he always turns up late and is unprofessional .Nobody habitually turning up late could fulfill a timetable like that for one day .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll definitely check them out poll, only reason I haven't is I like to do my food shopping locally and the nearest Iceland is 8 miles away but when we're stocking the boys up in Brighton I'll pay their branch a visit.

Only a week until Pete's tour kicks off and he's announced a couple of his special guests - The Rise, who I think usually do his acoustic accompaniments on TV and Damage who he used to tour with in the 90s. I think Jade Jones is the lead singer, isn't he Emma Bunton's partner?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll definitely check them out poll, only reason I haven't is I like to do my food shopping locally and the nearest Iceland is 8 miles away but when we're stocking the boys up in Brighton I'll pay their branch a visit.

Only a week until Pete's tour kicks off and he's announced a couple of his special guests - The Rise, who I think usually do his acoustic accompaniments on TV and Damage who he used to tour with in the 90s. I think Jade Jones is the lead singer, isn't he Emma Bunton's partner?
    Yes check out the brighton branch sam, you'll find lots of things suitable for stocking up for students . Pizzas and garlic bread are great , and check out their bacon packs, really good value and nice and lean . Smoked or unsmoked available and various sized packs .They do their own jars of spaghetti sauces etc ,which are handy when you can't be bothered making from scratch.
    Yes jade is emma's partner and by all accounts he is a lovely guy to work with . He and peter likely have a good rapport now and it sounds like you are in for a treat (twice ,you lucky lady !) .
    Pete isn't half putting in the working hours on non tour related events , considering the tour is imminent .He's quite a work horse .You'd think he'd slow down a bit and save his energy , but then he absolutely loves touring above all else so I doubt he sees it as work anyway . Great attitude that must make all the difference .I hope the kids get to at least one gig ,the atmosphere will be excellent and they'll love it all .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bacon won't tempt them as they've been vegetarian since they were old enough to express a preference, they make their own pizzas and are massively fussy so will 'taste the difference' but if there's good quality fresh veg, pasta, sauces, garlic bread, etc it'll be worth trying. Would rather judge for myself than be snobby about past reputations, things can change for the better and if it means avoiding the kind of twitterati who say they won't shop there because of Pete's ads all the better :D

To be honest I don't remember much of Damage but googled the song Pete was enthusing about and nice harmonising so looking forward to seeing them. He seems to love all the camaraderie of touring. Tight schedule though, very few rest days so he'd better stay healthy and there's some horrible bugs going round. Perhaps the family will go the Royal Albert Hall gig? Beautiful venue so doubt they'd want to miss.
  • Options
    babybutchbabybutch Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Goodness me but he is a very busy man . He really should be slacking off a bit so close to the tour.You are right senseisam, there are a few nasty bugs doing the rounds and it would be a shame if he caught one so close to kicking off his tour, or God forbid ON the tour .So many disappointed fans if he has to cancel a show . Well we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed .
    I too am an Iceland fan and happy to see Peter fronting such a big name . Long may it last .Goodnight all , x.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babybutch wrote: »
    Goodness me but he is a very busy man . He really should be slacking off a bit so close to the tour.You are right senseisam, there are a few nasty bugs doing the rounds and it would be a shame if he caught one so close to kicking off his tour, or God forbid ON the tour .So many disappointed fans if he has to cancel a show . Well we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed .
    I too am an Iceland fan and happy to see Peter fronting such a big name . Long may it last .Goodnight all , x.

I think he might be enjoying some relaxing time with Ems and Amelia in Somerset as a cricket team tweeted about meeting him at a pub in Minehead
    https://twitter.com/WhitminsterCC/status/513412120483205121/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/dawber13/status/513407385986420736
    https://twitter.com/Lauren_May44/status/513429287446532097

But he was on radio in Cumbria earlier in the day so either clocking up the road miles or it was pre-recorded. Not having any luck catching Pete's radio slots at the moment but weekends are too busy with the family - sorry Pete :(https://twitter.com/cfmradio/status/513297826646720516/photo/1

He hasn't had the easiest of times on the last couple of tours bb with the emergency op to remove his kidney stone and then brother Andrew's death but managed to reschedule any cancelled dates and of course having Dr Ru as his surgeon resulted in meeting Emily so fate is a funny thing. Agree fingers crossed for this one! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think he might be enjoying some relaxing time with Ems and Amelia in Somerset as a cricket team tweeted about meeting him at a pub in Minehead
    https://twitter.com/WhitminsterCC/status/513412120483205121/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/dawber13/status/513407385986420736
    https://twitter.com/Lauren_May44/status/513429287446532097

But he was on radio in Cumbria earlier in the day so either clocking up the road miles or it was pre-recorded. Not having any luck catching Pete's radio slots at the moment but weekends are too busy with the family - sorry Pete :(https://twitter.com/cfmradio/status/513297826646720516/photo/1

He hasn't had the easiest of times on the last couple of tours bb with the emergency op to remove his kidney stone and then brother Andrew's death but managed to reschedule any cancelled dates and of course having Dr Ru as his surgeon resulted in meeting Emily so fate is a funny thing. Agree fingers crossed for this one! :)
    Thank you for those linked photos senseisam:)
    It's great to see that it isn't only the ladies who like him . He looks very relaxed there and totally comfortable in the pub environment , yet he is a non drinker. I hope the gorgeous Ems and sweet little Amelia are indeed with him and that they are enjoying family time because once the tour starts it will be difficult for him to find a decent amount of down time .
    Looking at his tour venues he has some excellent venues booked out so I hope it all goes well .He has worked hard for this and like you say fate was unkind on the last ones :( .
    Have a lovely day ladies, x.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for those linked photos senseisam:)
    It's great to see that it isn't only the ladies who like him . He looks very relaxed there and totally comfortable in the pub environment , yet he is a non drinker. I hope the gorgeous Ems and sweet little Amelia are indeed with him and that they are enjoying family time because once the tour starts it will be difficult for him to find a decent amount of down time .
    Looking at his tour venues he has some excellent venues booked out so I hope it all goes well .He has worked hard for this and like you say fate was unkind on the last ones :( .
    Have a lovely day ladies, x.

Or they might have left Amelia with Granny and Grandpa Mac so they could enjoy a night out together bb. I think Pete does drink though from what I've read neither of them are party animals. Surprising the range of people who want selfies with Pete :D I'd say fate was extremely kind to bring him together with Ems - one of those life changing moments :cool:

Trying out the Brighton wifi - glorious day down here. Hope everyone's enjoying the sunshine where they are :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh you are in Brighton today ? Lucky you. Nice bracing sea air does you the world of good .You've put me in the notion now senseisam. I think we'll take a little overnight seaside trip next weekend before winter descends on us. I'm glad you are getting terrific weather, we are too and my garden is still looking amazing . Isn't nature gorgeous at times ?
    I just thought I'd post the list of venues in case anyone lurking wants to book tickets, but quite a few of the venues are sold out already of course .:)

September 26 - Leas Cliff Hall, Folkestone

September 27 - Cliffs Pavilion, Southend

September 28 - Regent Theatre, Ipswich

September 30 - Plymouth Pavilions

October 1 - Colston Hall, Bristol

October 3 - Bournemouth BIC

October 5 - Brighton Centre

October 6 - Royal Albert Hall, London

October 8 - G Live, Guildford

October 9 - New Theatre, Oxford

October 11 - St Davids Hall, Cardiff

October 13 - Manchester O2 Apollo

October 15 - Spa Theatre, Bridlington

October 16 - Sheffield City Hall

October 19 - Newcastle City Hall

October 21 - York Barbican

October 22 - De Montfort Hall, Leicester

October 23 - Nottingham Royal Centre

October 25 - Symphony Hall, Birmingham

October 27 - Blackpool Opera House
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do it bb! Lovely time of year to get away as still fairly warm and bright. Can recommend Brighton as there's so much going on. You're getting me excited for the tour now - only 2 weeks until the Brighton gig! The girlies have decided we're going to vamp it up in vintage 50's style, goodness knows what OH will make of it as he's never seen me in make-up. My awful brothers made me phobic by rolling round the floor laughing and wise-cracking every time I tried any as a teenager so I'd run upstairs and wash it off :cry: But I've agreed to let them loose on me. I'd feel really silly without them but safety in numbers :blush::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh you are in Brighton today ? Lucky you. Nice bracing sea air does you the world of good .You've put me in the notion now senseisam. I think we'll take a little overnight seaside trip next weekend before winter descends on us. I'm glad you are getting terrific weather, we are too and my garden is still looking amazing . Isn't nature gorgeous at times ?
    I just thought I'd post the list of venues in case anyone lurking wants to book tickets, but quite a few of the venues are sold out already of course .:)

Hiya bb ,not seen you in a while .
    We are really lucky with a fabulous little seaside town just a half hour drive from us here. So we can get good day trips in and still be home in our own cosy beds as usual with little effort .Actually I might join you guys and do a little visit .I have a day off mid week so might spend it beach combing while my fella browses the book shops and antique shops . I need some stones for one of my planters anyway so can grab a little bag of those nice round cobbles from the beach .They don't half reduce the weeds taking hold .

Interesting list of venues bb. Just looked at ticket bookings and like you say lots of the venues are sold out ,which is great news for pete . I'm loving his guest acts too ,really quality acts .He sounds very excited about it all on twitter and clearly doesn't see it all as a job or a chore to earn money . His enthusiasm for all things music shines through.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well well that is a hefty list of venues. How many musical artists would give their right hand to be able to put on a tour of that size. You only have to look in weekend papers to see most are smaller tours. You have a few arena artists but they are mainstream/radio play so hardly comparable to Pete.