Options

Don't expect much from Michelle Williams!

da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Let me start by saying that am a huge Destiny's Child fan, followed and supported the three girls.

I read people saying it's unfair that Michelle Williams has an advantage over the other contestants because she used to be in a band and used to do dance routines.

Michelle Williams is not an original member of the group. She never danced before joining the group. The other girls trained all their life growing up but not Michelle.

Michelle was always the one messing up dance routines in live performances, she would always look stiff and forget the moves even though they did it over and over again.

So i hope people don't take away any credit she gets in the show.

Comments

• Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi da3bool: If you're such a big fan how come you didn't know she had a leading part in the hit Musical Chicago last year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a190525/michelle-williams-blasts-weight-rumours.html
  • Options
    Philly1234Philly1234 Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'd say it's the Chicago thing that gives her the whiff of ringerdom.
  • Options
    qwertyqueenqwertyqueen Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she does well. People are expecting great things from her and the pressure might be too much for her.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have just watched a rehersal clip and she dont have the moves at all :-( Am sure she will get on eventually but dont think Brendan will put up with her for that long if she dont put the effort in, he is in it to win it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    She looks very light and narrow. That means she should be good at the spins, and Brendan can lift her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Hi da3bool: If you're such a big fan how come you didn't know she had a leading part in the hit Musical Chicago last year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a190525/michelle-williams-blasts-weight-rumours.html

Who said i didn't know she was in Chicago playing Roxie Hart? :confused:
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After watching her first training video she doesn't look as good as i first thought, but of course it is only her first day, but imo she came across really well, she was nuts and hilarious and i can't wait to see some more of her :D
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So? That doesn't mean she can dance. She was awful in Chicago and even had the choreography reduced - and Roxie is already the easier role.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    After watching her first training video she doesn't look as good as i first thought, but of course it is only her first day, but imo she came across really well, she was nuts and hilarious and i can't wait to see some more of her :D

Hopefully that will make her less cocky because if Saturday was anything to go by I will be making a cuppa when she is on. I did not take to her at all.
  • Options
    fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite pleased that she isn't particularly good. It's far more interesting to see someone improve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully that will make her less cocky because if Saturday was anything to go by I will be making a cuppa when she is on. I did not take to her at all.

She is a very funny person and has a bubbly personality, not cocky at all, don't know why she came across that way to you.
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When she said "bring him to mama" i thought then that some people wouldn't like that kind of thing, personally i thought it was funny, but i noticed Bruno do a funny face rather than laugh like Alesha did.
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    I think she will do fine once she gets into it, and it's great to see Brendan having a laugh with his partner, somehow she is bringing out that less intense side of him.
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    We sort of met Michelle last night at Brendan's show... she is definitely going to "challenge" Brendan's persona to chivvy into shape this series.

It will be interesting to see how long it is before B loses his temper.

Michelle is really going to have to knuckle down !
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    According to the journalist Carrie Dunn- a stictly and theatre obsessive. Michelle didn't actually do the full ''Hot Honey Rag" finale when in Chicago. So she might not be as advanced as we first thought.
    @stevenperkins She didn't do the full Hot Honey Rag in Chicago. Tiff'll tell you. Ergo, not a dancer
    7:50 PM Sep 11th via web in reply to stevenperkins

Reply Retweet

http://twitter.com/carriesparkle
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I posted comparison clips recently of Michelle and Ruthie and there is a massive difference both in the quantity of choreography and the quality of execution. Michelle was in Chicago as a name, not a dancer.
  • Options
    crispihcrispih Posts: 2,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think anyone that is close to being famous has been in Chicago
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    da3bool wrote: »
    She is a very funny person and has a bubbly personality, not cocky at all, don't know why she came across that way to you.
    When she said "bring him to mama" i thought then that some people wouldn't like that kind of thing, personally i thought it was funny, but i noticed Bruno do a funny face rather than laugh like Alesha did.

I think Daisy has put her finger on it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

*holds up hand*

Yeah, I didn't particularly warm to her when she said that. Will still give her a chance though.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it too but I think many will find her too brash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i think people realised yesterday she hasn't got an advantage over the others
  • Options
    qwertyqueenqwertyqueen Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    da3bool wrote: »
    Well i think people realised yesterday she hasn't got an advantage over the others

Ain't that the truth! I felt really embarrassed for her. I actually feel a bit sorry for her, as even she thought she would be good.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whe I saw her training video I thought oops she dont look too clever, sadly last nights effort proved right

I even had to mute the TV she is SO ANNOYING
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she goes very soon. I found her very annoying.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooohh eeerrr the title of this thread could have been written last night...