Options

Panasonic Lumix FZ38 question

Hi

Last week i received my Panasonic Lumix FZ38, paid a very reasonable £180.
The pictures and videos look great so very happy with the performance compared to my old compact camera.

I have one slight concern which i hope someone can ease my mind. When i turn on the camera there are a few clicks when the barrel starts to extend. When zooming in and out there are no clicks just the motor sound, no clicks when the barrel goes back in when the camera is switched off either.
I may be worrying about nothing and hoping someone will tell me the sound is normal.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My FZ38 does the same. I don't think the noise is loud enough to really be called clicking, but there is definitely a noise there as the barrel starts to extend. I've had it for about a year now though, and never had any problems with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    My FZ38 does the same. I don't think the noise is loud enough to really be called clicking, but there is definitely a noise there as the barrel starts to extend. I've had it for about a year now though, and never had any problems with it.

thanks very much for the response, so it appears that my camera doesn't have a fault - great news.
    I only asked beacuse most things i buy these days has one fault or another and i end up returning the item.

thanks again:)