Worth getting an iPhone 4 when I already have an iPad?

Basically what I said in the title. I'm due an upgrade in 3 weeks and the iPhone is the only phone which is grabbing my interest atm. I do already have a iPad though which is making me wonder if there is any point in even getting the iPhone. Any opinion appreciated.

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J.shippo wrote: »
    Basically what I said in the title. I'm due an upgrade in 3 weeks and the iPhone is the only phone which is grabbing my interest atm. I do already have a iPad though which is making me wonder if there is any point in even getting the iPhone. Any opinion appreciated.

Well, one is a phone, and one is a tablet. They're for different things ;)

It'd fit quite well with the iPad, given that you're already used to iOS and presumably have some Apps already which you can shove on it.

Do you take the iPad *everywhere* with you? Would you find an iPhone handy for the times when you aren't carrying the iPad with you out & about and want to go online or use whichever apps you like using?

Also, one thing to consider: iPhone 5 will in all likelihood be out in June...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely, its like having a mini iPad in your pocket that can make calls. And means you don't have to take your iPad everywhere with you
  • currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take a gamble.
    Try something else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Id go for it , its free anyhow so nothing to lose

I started out with just the iphone 4 and had the same thing going round in my head , should i get an ipad ,so finally decided to get one and now couldnt see myself without either.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, there's phone part, smaller size = more mobility and if your iPad is wi-fi only you can use iPhone mobile network connection with iPad. But roughly speaking it's the same thing only smaller.
  • Cunny FuntCunny Funt Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd wait until the iPhone 5 is out... well thats what I'm doing anyway. I have an iPad and an Iphone 3GS so that'll do me until the 5 arrives.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J.shippo wrote: »

I'd wait for Iphone 5 but assuming you go for the Iphone 4 yes. Retina display is better than the old Ipad and new one, everything you enjoy with the Ipad on the move basically Ipod, video, internet.

If you enjoy HD video and a good camera Iphone 4 is also good. I'd get the Iphone.
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For free, why not? Worst thing that can happen is you don't like it, sell it, buy a phone you do like and have some free money left over
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an iPad and an iPod Touch 4g, both have their own uses obviously and i think they work nicely indeed.