Andrew Stone. A man on the verge of a breakdown?

Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
Forum Member
Now in fairness to him, last nights highlight show was wickedly edited. But he doesn't look mentally equipped to deal with this to me. Not since Shabaz in BB7 have I thought 'you really, really shouldn't be in there.'

Comments

• weeeselweeesel Posts: 5,256
    Forum Member
    Well, quite. I mean the fact that he was second to the godawful Louis Spence in success from that Pineapple thing must have put a big red marker out that 'You're not very talented'!!!!!!
  • Mastes1Mastes1 Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was genuinely going to have a breakdown last night and i don't think he's mentaly right for the show. He's also arguably the most deluded 'celeb' i have ever seen, he's not all there imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mastes1 wrote: »
    I thought he was genuinely going to have a breakdown last night and i don't think he's mentaly right for the show. He's also arguably the most deluded 'celeb' i have ever seen, he's not all there imo.

Good post and totally agree
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit he does look somewhat unhinged. He's so desperate to be adored that trying to attain that status and constantly failing is doing nothing for his mental well-being.

He needs a truthful friend to tell him that Andrew Stone is not the legend he believes he is.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    sutie wrote: »
    I must admit he does look somewhat unhinged. He's so desperate to be adored that trying to attain that status and constantly failing is doing nothing for his mental well-being.

He needs a truthful friend to tell him that Andrew Stone is not the legend he believes he is.

I wonder if someone has had words with him but he just doesn't believe them

I do think that he just can not understand why everyone else doesn't love him as much as he loves himself
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Or a man who thinks his profile will be raised most effectively if he has a breakdown, comes out of the closet, etc.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's a walking bag of cliches .

and he's so desperately needy its scary .
  • Delila100Delila100 Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    no he isnt. He's almost 40. He's probably had about 5 already. In fact, he lives everyday likes it'sa breakdown. But he has enough (ego?) to keep him going, just enough anyway.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure how he would cope with being voted out first, if he gets some work off the back of it he might be ok but otherwise I shudder to think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is clear he has issues...what issues? Well, too complicated to figure out but delusions of the highest is up there!!
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now in fairness to him, last nights highlight show was wickedly edited. But he doesn't look mentally equipped to deal with this to me. Not since Shabaz in BB7 have I thought 'you really, really shouldn't be in there.'

I liken him more to Leo Sayer.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was cringing thru most of last nights HL , but I agree - he has to stay , he's a classic desperate try-hard with bags of issues and all the needy self-help b*llocks .

plus he's bound to come out with more cliches .
  • nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liken him more to Leo Sayer.

yeah I've said that on a thread too, but I don't think he's as much of a cretin as Leo who had a nasty little man syndrome to his bag of tricks. I can see him having a meltdown soon though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't work out what would affect him more. Knowing he wasn't liked enough by the slebs to not be first up for eviction and then be not liked enough by the public to be saved from being the first out. Or, which is what I think will happen if he isn't first out, being constantly nomination for eviction each time until he's evicted.
    But above all. I think he's had people tell him he's not the star. He just doesn't want to hear it. He thinks he's a star because he is "Andrew Stone". He's not got anything to back it up - yeah he's been talked about but not in a way that is flattering to him.
    A record label wanted to sign Starman - but not with Andrew. He rejected the deal and fired the female singer, who the label wanted to make as the lead singer. He lost his previously faithful manager who has not been favourable towards him since the split (he now manages Jodie Marsh). His former bandmates, well, they hate him. He owes them a lot of money and was a nightmare - and they've never talked about it in full. But most telling is Louie Spence became a huge success on the back of Pineapple. Andrew released a single that I don't think even charted. But ultimately, former fans have been so disgusted in his behavious towards them that they now dislike him. He does himself no favours.
    I do truly believe he went in the house thinking he had it nailed for the win.
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nw0307 wrote: »
    yeah I've said that on a thread too, but I don't think he's as much of a cretin as Leo who had a nasty little man syndrome to his bag of tricks. I can see him having a meltdown soon though
    Leo Sayer was sleazy with it too, he kept talking about w*nking in front of the younger girls. Yeugh!
  • Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    I wonder if someone has had words with him but he just doesn't believe them

I do think that he just can not understand why everyone else doesn't love him as much as he loves himself

BIB I think it is the opposite, I don't think he loves himself at all, and cannot understand why other people would love him either. IMO It is all front, underneath all that is someone with such low self esteeem that he has to sabotage every relationship and opportunity that he has. Very sad, I like him, I think he is a brilliant housemate, but that he would be difficult to live with.

I still want to give him a big hug, I think that is what has been missing in his life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    He's tried too hard to be liked, but he's been promoting himself all the time. Some people don't want to talk to a walking promotional pack. I really think he rates himself and thinks he's brilliant but is looking for that right connection in showbiz, everyone can see it a mile off. In the bedroom last night he was really edgy. Compared to Georgia he took it badly, because his ego couldn't handle it. If people or cameras aren't focused on him, in his mind it makes him worthless. Louis Spence acts a little crazy, but is professional and seems mentally stronger than Andrew even though he has a little more fame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This says it all really:
    The 39-year-old dancer – who once had a failed attempt at auditioning for X Factor – annoyed contestants when he claimed he is as famous as Hollywood actor Tom Cruise.

He said: 'I love meeting fans but sometimes it gets to the point where you want a bit of ‘me’ time.

'Look at Tom Cruise. He goes down the red carpet doing pictures. I measure myself on the level of acceptance that he has.'
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd forgotten Shabaz. The thing with Andrew was the tears so quickly into the show. Like many, I found it amusing at first, but hadn't appreciated the degree to which he was struggling to cope and be accepted. The erratic, raucous laughter at Michael's every word, then the - look at me - dropping to the floor and splaying his limbs 180 degrees, or suddenly bending over for target practice - he's so desperate to impress that if he could, he'd do all three at once. It's worrying.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Poor Andrew... I feel he's a sad character, by sad I mean unhappy. I watched him on Pineapple and just thought "are you for real?!" I couldn't work out at first if he was a real person or a David Brent-eque type spoof. On Pineapple he called himself a triple threat cos he can act, sing, dance - Britains answer to Justin Timberlake. I think he's finding it hard to accept that if you havn't made it in that industry at almost 40 then you never will. He's still clinging on to his dream though and I think he believes he can still be successful but his delusional tendencies make a lot of people dislike him. I feel sorry for him. He's been trying to be something he's not for so long that I don't think he knows how to be himself anymore. He's a walking cliche, doesn't seem to relax much and appears uncomfortable in his own skin. I think he needs some counselling and a cuddle.
  • stripey_socksstripey_socks Posts: 165
    Forum Member

+1 . .. Its wrong that a 39 year old man is still acting and dressing like a 20 year old and acting like he is a pop star.He is very fake and it was blindingly obvious he was in total denial last night. He was not ok with being nominated first and took it very personally..

anyway i still hope he doesnt go tomorrow..its car crash watching him and if nothing more its entertaining watching him have a meltdown
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How do we see that but not BB? They continue to take the piss out of him on twitter updates and the editing, but it does seem quite serious. I hope when he's evicted someone who cares about him gets him counseling to deal with the abuse he will get.

It's just sad.
  • marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I find really sad, if Dan Wooton on Twitter is to be believed:

Dan Wootton @danwootton 5 Jan
    Andrew Stone is the first celebrity who is not being paid to go into the Big Brother house. He is paying Channel 5 for the privilege. #CBB
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still seems all an act to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    No.... please that that Tweet be one of Wootton's many many lies.