Advice re antiperspirants

cbeachcbeach Posts: 55
Forum Member
I just wondered if anyone could recommend an anti perspirant that has a mild, subtle scent. I usually use unscented ones but, for certain reasons, sometimes I need a scented one and they all seem to reek. I bought a Sure Aloe Vera one yesterday and it's so powerful it enters a room before I do!

Grateful for any suggestions as to any antipersps that are subtly scented. (I prefer an antipersp. to a deodorant that just covers up odour.) :(

Comments

• LushnessLushness Posts: 38,165
    Forum Member
    I hate those ultra strong deodorants, and they really irritate me too.

I've used Mitchum for years; nice fresh fragrance but not over powering . It is a very good antiperspirant.
  • cbeachcbeach Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    I hate those ultra strong deodorants, and they really irritate me too.

I've used Mitchum for years; nice fresh fragrance but not over powering . It is a very good antiperspirant.

Can I pls ask what variant of scent you buy as they do a few I believe - Powder Fresh, Shower Fresh and Waterlily.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,165
    Forum Member
    I've used/use all three, they're all nice!
  • welshmamwelshmam Posts: 14,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use Bionsen http://www.bionsen.co.uk/ brilliant :)
  • hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went in the chemist and asked for some anti persperant.

I was asked "do you want the ball type"?

I said "no, I want it for under my arms".
    Forum Member
    hatpeg wrote: »
    I went in the chemist and asked for some anti persperant.

I was asked "do you want the ball type"?

I said "no, I want it for under my arms".

Ha. Smith and Jones live again.
    Forum Member
    welshmam wrote: »
    I use Bionsen http://www.bionsen.co.uk/ brilliant :)

Thanks but Bionsen is the deodorant type and not an anti perspirant which is what I'm after.
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Triple Dry do a roll on with a very subtle scent. It's the pink one.
  • rybedrybed Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    cbeach wrote: »
    I (I prefer an antipersp. to a deodorant that just covers up odour.) :(

You better stick with deodorants, at least they don't contain aluminium and other harmful chemicals. It's true they just cover up the odor but if you don't want the sweat patches on your clothes, use Nonchalante underarm pads
    www.nonchalante.co.uk
    There are always some special deals on their website.
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitchum powderfresh has been my go to antiperspirant for 18years now, light fresh scent and powerful anti-sweat action. I can't stand strong fragrances as they give me a migraine, but this is just lovely, smells faintly of freshly washed baby :)

ETA: I recommend the stick rather than the roll on or spray. I think it's the most effective, and it also avoids that wet feeling you get when using roll-ons, which I dislike intensely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rybed wrote: »
    You better stick with deodorants, at least they don't contain aluminium and other harmful chemicals. It's true they just cover up the odor but if you don't want the sweat patches on your clothes, use Nonchalante underarm pads
    www.nonchalante.co.uk

£6 a week for underarm pads?! I'm sure these things are a joke, at least I hope they are.
  • rybedrybed Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    £6 a week for underarm pads?! I'm sure these things are a joke, at least I hope they are.
    Option 7 on their website is £3.99 for 7 pairs. It's not a big price to pay to find out if they are any good for you or not. I use them regularly and buy them in bulk @ it works out around £3.20 per box. As for the second part of your post for which I struggle to make any sense of it, I don't use strong antiperspirants, actually, I don't use any antiperspirants, and "these things" keep my clothes free of wet patches and also free of wet stains that were impossible to get a rid of even after washing. So I guess, you're right, they are joke, if that's what you call a joke.
    Forum Member
    Mitchum powderfresh has been my go to antiperspirant for 18years now, light fresh scent and powerful anti-sweat action. I can't stand strong fragrances as they give me a migraine, but this is just lovely, smells faintly of freshly washed baby :)

ETA: I recommend the stick rather than the roll on or spray. I think it's the most effective, and it also avoids that wet feeling you get when using roll-ons, which I dislike intensely.

I shall have a look at the Mitchum Powderfesh today. I also hate that wet feeling of roll ons!

Thanks to everyone for their response. The underarm pads do not appeal I'[m afraid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    www.nonchalante.co.uk
    Thanks for the link. I was paying nearly 7 quid on Amazon for these. Aaggr
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Option 7 on their website is £3.99 for 7 pairs. It's not a big price to pay to find out if they are any good for you or not. I use them regularly and buy them in bulk @ it works out around £3.20 per box. As for the second part of your post for which I struggle to make any sense of it, I don't use strong antiperspirants, actually, I don't use any antiperspirants, and "these things" keep my clothes free of wet patches and also free of wet stains that were impossible to get a rid of even after washing. So I guess, you're right, they are joke, if that's what you call a joke.

Yup, I definitely think it's a joke. I pay around £3 for Mitchum, a few times a year and never get any wet patches or stains on my clothes. I'm also not smuggling a nappy in my armpit either.