2»

Comments

• super-eaglesuper-eagle Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A step down?

Even before we make comparisons between the clubs, I ask you this

Have you ever been to Paris? :p:p

I've never been to Paris but I've seen pictures of the Eiffel Tower.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man City:

Milner - Useful player but we need a natural winger that can give Jesus Navas real competition.

Toure - He can't defend. Sell him to PSG and use the funds buy Vidal or Kroos.

Dzeko - He is too one dimensional. We already have two pure number 9's (Negredo and Aguero) We only have one 9 and a half or deep lying forward (Jovetic). Sell Dzeko and buy Isco.

Nastasic - Failing to adapt to new way of defending. Get rid of him and get Mangala.

Clichy - Reached expiry date. Sell him and buy Luke Shaw from southhampton.

Yaya Toure ! Still one of the best midfield players in the world, in my opinion.
    I like Milner as well. All right, he may not have the silky skills that catch the eye, but teams also need players who give 100% and put in a shift when chosen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    Yaya Toure ! Still one of the best midfield players in the world, in my opinion.
    I like Milner as well. All right, he may not have the silky skills that catch the eye, but teams also need players who give 100% and put in a shift when chosen.

Richmond: Agree, really like Milner. Think he needs to get away from City and play regular football. He's a modern-day footballer who gives you a bit of everything. Always puts a shift in. Great engine. Also, chips in with important goals.

Think most other title contending clubs would be improved by having him in their team. Mourinho, would love him at Chelsea. He's his type of player. Think he's far better than Schürrle.

As for Yaya Toure, top, top player. ;-)
  • super-eaglesuper-eagle Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yaya Toure ! Still one of the best midfield players in the world, in my opinion..

Yes but he can't defend.

He does a decent job when called up. But I want a player that does more than "decent".
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    Mikel
    Ba
    Torres

Ba's a certainty to leave and Mikel looks a likely departure, especially seeing as we'll have van Ginkel back for next season. I fear we may be stuck with Torres though due to his £175,000 p/w wages, unless we end up doing what Man City had to do with Adebayor.
    I would have included Eto'o on the list but he'll be leaving in the summer anyway when his contract runs out.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    At United

Giggs - because he is getting to play when he shouldn't.

Cleverley - because he gets to play when he should be a squad player.

Nani - because we gave him the contract of a top player when he nothing of the sort.

Mentioning squad players isn't really needed. The likes of Buttner and Bebe are pretty irrelevant because they aren't first team players.

Valencia and Young are funny cases. They are hugely confidence-based players are Moyes should be switched on enough to know that right now their confidence is shot and they are no use in a struggling team. When Utd are flying you could afford to have them playing and they could hold their own - not world class by any means but could do a job. With no confidence they are worse than useless. You can argue as to whether players this confidence-depedant should be at a top club but it is what it is.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1Mickey wrote: »
    At Man Utd I'd get rid of:

Giggs
    Welbeck
    Anderson
    Macheda
    Cleverly
    Ferdinand
    Jones
    Smalling
    Fellaini
    Young
    Butner
    Bebe

Giggs - Yes should retire
    Welbeck - Don't care can sell
    Anderson - Yes
    Macheda - Yes Please sell
    Cleverley - Who the hell would want him
    Ferdinand - Yes he leave will probably go to America
    Jones - Your Having a Laugh Right - No way should he go
    Smalling - No should keep
    Fellaini - Hasn't had enough games - should keep
    Young - Can close the door on the way out
    Buttner - Who in there right mind would want him
    Bebe - Who
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Osman and I'm not saying he's not fit for purpose but we should be looking at replacing Pienaar.