Lg G2

victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Special offer for this phone from now until this Sunday pay as you go in Vodafone stores £185.

Comments

• swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    just bought one today and no top up requested, fantastic deal
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    just bought one today and no top up requested, fantastic deal

That's good, are you on Vodafone or do you have to unlock it?
    Forum Member
    No on 3 unlocked for 99p on eBay all done
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very tempted by this. Would be a big upgrade from my S3. My only concerns are whether it's too big and lack of memory card.
    Forum Member
    Memory card the only real draw back on this phone. For the money though I would say best value phone you can buy right now, it is vet nice and better for the price :)
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Since having the Nexus 4 and now 5, ive still never felt the massive need for an SD card slot. I have a vast music collection, thousands of pics etc and i still haven't filled the 16gb Nexus 5.

I do however use Google Drive a lot to keep stuff on.
  • Peter_CarlosPeter_Carlos Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    victor mel wrote: »
    Special offer for this phone from now until this Sunday pay as you go in Vodafone stores £185.

Well, are they locked with only one network or its unlocked because I don't want to get a device which is locked and after sometime I'll keep going nuts to get the device unlocked ??? :confused:
    Forum Member
    I am impressed studio far with phone, out is locked but eat and cheap to unlock.

To answer earlier question foot print of phone is quite small.
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am impressed studio far with phone, out is locked but eat and cheap to unlock.

Keyboard 'autocorrect' looks like it could do with some tuning:)
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    victor mel wrote: »
    Very tempted by this. Would be a big upgrade from my S3. My only concerns are whether it's too big and lack of memory card.

Bezels are really thin on the G2 so it's wouldn't feel much bigger than the S3.
    Forum Member
    kidspud wrote: »
    Keyboard 'autocorrect' looks like it could do with some tuning:)

It does didn't realise I had sent that talking and posting together, meant to say, .

I am impressed so far with phone, it is locked but cheap easy to unlock.

• incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it only available in the high street shops? It doesn't seem to be in the online shop, only LG G2 available seems to be pay monthly.
    Forum Member
    in store only and you will be lucky to get one now
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, I was hovering between this and the Nexus 5. The Nexus is winning out anyway but that price on the LG was pretty tempting!
    Forum Member
    G2 is better if you can get one still
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    G2 is better if you can get one still

it is a good deal, but... id take the nexus. the LG bloatware (skin) is awful.
  • Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nexus bit common - G2 superior
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bit common? i only know 2 people with an n5, one of them the missus, the other a mate. If you had been talking about a samsung galaxy you may have had a point!

Not sure its superior really, slightly better screen, bigger battery, slightly better camera, god awful software, plasticky build.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    Nexus bit common - G2 superior

Common? Don't be silly now!!

Until you take the lg skin away, the nexus 5 is the better phone.
    Forum Member
    Stigs it's not mate, whilst largely the same phone the nexus is a cheaper g2.

LG has much better camera, bigger and better screen, little additions on the g2 like ir blaster, the vastly superior battery life (many people get 2 days) is a real advantage, looks are subjective but the g2 looks better,

I would say not huge amounts in it but when you factor in that the g2 is £175 on this offer, clear winner, for me any way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldnt say the camera is much better, more megapixels yes but the n5 camera is hugely underrated, you are just regurgitating the same twaddle that keeps getting peddled on the internet. The problem with the n5 camera was the early software which was rubbish, thats been rectified now.

Cant argue with battery life but thats the only area where it really has a clear advantage. However, the nexus 5 software is hugely better which makes up for it somewhat.
  • AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    G2 all day long at that price.
    Forum Member
    Wouldnt say the camera is much better, more megapixels yes but the n5 camera is hugely underrated, you are just regurgitating the same twaddle .

Nope i am talking quality of camera, you need to look into things before you speak. just a few examples to compare ;-)

Camera
    This is where the LG G2 starts to show its dominance. LG has used its latest 13-megapixel camera in the G2, with optical image stabilisation which promises a far steadier shot, even over rival phones with similar technologies. The Nexus 5's snapper is just 8-megapixel. It does also have optical image stabilisation mind. And we often find that an increase in megapixels is only of maximum importance if you want to view the pictures at full size.
    The front-facing cameras are different too. The LG G2 has a 2.1-megapixel front-facing cam, while the Nexus 5's is 1.3-megapixel.

Camera
    The LG G2 sports a 13MP rear-facing camera with optical image stabilisation, and it’s without a doubt one of the best smartphone snappers on the planet. The stabilisation helps immensely in dim, murky conditions – an area where phone cameras are traditionally at their worst – allowing you to capture sharper shots at night and indoors, even with the flash turned off. Colour reproduction is impressive too.

The Google Nexus 5 has an 8MP main camera that also comes with optical image stabilisation. It’s a massive improvement over the disappointing Nexus 4 camera and provides lovely, sharp detail in low light (our review points out that it even compares favourably to the G2 in this regard). A recent software update gave it a speedy new autofocus and boosted the vibrancy and contrast of photos, but we do feel the G2’s camera is better at accurately representing real-life colours.

On the video front, the G2 captures 1080p at a smooth 60fps while the Nexus 5 is limited to 30fps. Other than that both do a respectable job. We don’t put too much importance on a smartphone’s front-facing camera, but the G2’s 2.1MP sensor has a slight edge over the Nexus 5’s 1.3MP example.

Camera
    The Nexus 5’s camera isn’t too bad, as 8-megapixel snappers go. It was initially slammed in reviews but subsequent software tweaks have done a great deal to bring it more in line with what we’ve come to expect of optical stabilisation (OIS) assisted back-illuminated sensors (BSI). It features 1080p video, photo sphere mode, an f/2.4 aperture and an LED flash.

The LG G2’s setup is a 13-megapixel BSI sensor with the same f/2.4 aperture size, LED flash and OIS hardware, but despite camera hardware not being all about the megapixels, somehow the LG G2 delivers more impressive results.

As for software i personally really dislike stock, the knock code on the LG for example is fantastic i think so is the multi screen tasking features.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how old are those reviews though? Most reviewed the n5 on launch then didnt bother to re-review when they fixed the camera software.

Stats stats... iPhone 5s has one of the better cameras on a phone but is only 8mpx. Its not everything. The n5 camera takes pictures just as good as the iPhone 5s and yes i am speaking from actual experience.

Each to their own on the software, but ill take a slick UI, prompt updates (will the g2 even get the next version of android?!) and speedy performance over a horrible cartoony and laggy interface thank you very much :)
    Forum Member
    All relatively recent and the third one actually references the n5 camera improvements. You may consider ant opinion that does not agree with you twaddle but the simple fact is the g2 is a better phone.

You may consider stock worth it and fair enough but that doesn't change facts.