✭✭
    Mine is coming up as purchased but not appearing in my library
    Restart the app. It should work the second time

Or go to the iTunes page and download it from there
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to manually navigate to the U2 page and click to download but have it now. Never really been a U2 fan but I'll take anything if it's free!

Not a bad album actually
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not working, maybe I haven't shut itunes right, will check in a bit
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Mine is coming up as purchased but not appearing in my library

Snap! Same here.
    There was no option to download in iTunes it just said purchased straight away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to go to purchased in the itunes store and you download it from there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You need to go to purchased in the itunes store and you download it from there

Yep been there, but it just shows purchased with no option to download.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just downloaded it, not really a fan of U2 or rock music but hey, it's free!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »

Hmm odd, should be a little download icon that the bottom of the purchase page
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The iCloud icon has appeared and now downloaded :)
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Given that they haven't released a decent album for more than 20 years, I'm not surprised they're giving their latest pile of shit away for free.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Given that they haven't released a decent album for more than 20 years, I'm not surprised they're giving their latest pile of shit away for free.

Utter bo***cks mate! Clearly haven't listened.
    And have you listened to the latest one before judgement?
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »

And yet... those 20 years worth of albums have sold millions upon millions.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thx!!! lolz
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone listened to it yet? Any thoughts or reviews? I'm an old school U2 fan from the early days, seeing on their War tour in 1983. Most of their releases since 1990 have underwhelmed me though there have still been some great stuff. I'll always give them a chance though. There needs to be more rock music played on mainstream radio during the day and U2 would usually get played. You never know even radio 1 might play something :o
  • Options
    mark165mark165 Posts: 133
    Forum Member

I have the same issue. How did you get it to download?
  • Options
    RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mark165 wrote: »

Log into your account details page, there's a quick links section on the right, click on purchases and you should get a list of recent purchases. Scroll down and you should see the U2 album there. Click on the little arrow and away you go :-)
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    So how will this affect its sales? Does the free download count towards sales? If so then isnt this instantly the biggest selling album in history?
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find them a bit overated to be honest. Last album I found was piss poor in my opinion. Not surprised after that they are giving the new album away for free.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Open iTunes > More > Purchased > Music > Not on This Phone > Recent Purchases > touch one of the U2 album tracks then the iCloud icon is visible at the top > touch it to download.
  • Options
    substratesubstrate Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Listened to the first three tracks and the closing track (as it's got the marvellous Lykke Li on it.) It sounds...OK. Good luck to them but probably not for me.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    So how will this affect its sales? Does the free download count towards sales? If so then isnt this instantly the biggest selling album in history?

I think being free makes it ineligible for inclusion on the charts so it won't be "officially" a top seller but there will still be a record of the number of times it's been downloaded.

It's a bit cheeky, though, having the album forced into your purchasing history without you actually having chosen to "buy" it.
  • Options
    NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Utter bo***cks mate! Clearly haven't listened.
    And have you listened to the latest one before judgement?

I'm not much into U2 myself but it's strange how some people just pop up in these threads to slag things off. Seems rather pointless.
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Open iTunes > More > Purchased > Music > Not on This Phone > Recent Purchases > touch one of the U2 album tracks then the iCloud icon is visible at the top > touch it to download.

I have the same problem.

There isn't a "purchased" option on the iPhone. There isn't even a "purchased" option on the iPad (though there is in the iTunes store - though that shows a U2 freebie from 2 christmases ago.

On the Mac the purchased option only shows the one U2 track I bought several years ago.

If I go to the store it just says purchased. Any ideas?

Update.

Followed the instructions from CNET

http://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-download-the-free-u2-album/

open the Music app. From here head to Artists and look under for U2, or press More and search under Albums for the title.

Currently not there BUT The release does seem to be staggered across Apple IDs, so if you can't download it just yet, keep checking back.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not much into U2 myself but it's strange how some people just pop up in these threads to slag things off. Seems rather pointless.

Especially if you haven't actually listened to the music.

I didn't like much of the last U2 album but the two before that were excellent.