The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Hope so! I need to see something new from Alex RIGHT NOW! Like, a music video or, a live performance hehe.

Koko pop today, first live performance of Let It Go
    we're bound to get youtube videos like we did for Elephant before hand

and also I believe the music video is dropping this week
    I'm guessing Tuesday

Hopefully it's just straight uploaded to vevo this time rather then being randomly added onto a music channel.

That way looses out on THOUSANDS of views, the same happened for the lyric video... Other normal videos of Let It Go have 50k + and the lyric video is under 20k.

Her managment do slack in that department for sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    Koko pop today, first live performance of Let It Go
    we're bound to get youtube videos like we did for Elephant before hand

and also I believe the music video is dropping this week
    I'm guessing Tuesday

Hopefully it's just straight uploaded to vevo this time rather then being randomly added onto a music channel.

That way looses out on THOUSANDS of views, the same happened for the lyric video... Other normal videos of Let It Go have 50k + and the lyric video is under 20k.

Her managment do slack in that department for sure.

Yupp. And I am guessing Wednesday for the video lol. But knowing Alex it will be pushed back to the week after or something. And Yes, it needs a VEVO premiere at a set time so we can all keep refreshing our pages to see if it's up LOL

EDIT: Then when we've all watched it like, 1000000 times, we can trend it :-)
    Forum Member
    Yupp. And I am guessing Wednesday for the video lol. But knowing Alex it will be pushed back to the week after or something. And Yes, it needs a VEVO premiere at a set time so we can all keep refreshing our pages to see if it's up LOL.

It can't be pushed back any longer, it's nearly 4 weeks until the song is released.

She needs it out this week for sure...
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    http://yfrog.com/kj2mcscj First picture from last night's performance. :)

She seems to be rocking that hairstyle she used for the Let It Go video. :D
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The video will be out this week....it needs enough circulation to promote the song...

But WTF is up with Alex and VEVO....they need to get that banner advert again so people click on it...plus it needs to be in a few VEVO featured video lists too....

I still think Alex needs to get her pre-VEVO views back tbh...her account views would go up by 30m lol
    Forum Member
    Did anyone watch the voice last night? Jessie J said 'Bring it.com' LOL!
    Nobody even says anything when she says it but when Alex says it, it's a different situation!

Everyone on twitter saying she's copying Cheryl's salute and Alex's comments though ;)
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    I hope she releases it on Tuesday, Wednesday is the release day of Nicki Minaj's Starships vid. she'll most likely be overshadowed
    Forum Member
    I hope she releases it on Tuesday, Wednesday is the release day of Nicki Minaj's Starships vid. she'll most likely be overshadowed

We'll probably be getting it on Friday. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone watch the voice last night? Jessie J said 'Bring it.com' LOL!
    Nobody even says anything when she says it but when Alex says it, it's a different situation!

Everyone on twitter saying she's copying Cheryl's salute and Alex's comments though ;)

She got slated on twitter for trying to copy everything from other judges...Cheryl's salute and .com from Alex...the comments weren't really that positive.

In a way, Alex did benefit from OK.com even though it damaged her reputation for some people...but I guess not everyone knows the whole story between her and Louis...:)
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    James Barrbz ‏ @imjamesbarr

Retweet
    Favorite
    · Open

Waiting for @alexandramusic to bring her elephant to the stage #attitude18 @AttitudeMag

James (Capital DJ) tweeted that last night... weird how she isn't getting support IMO.
    Forum Member
    James (Capital DJ) tweeted that last night... weird how she isn't getting support IMO.

I think the DJ's have no control over what to play anymore at Capital, to be completely honest. It's a shame really...:sleep:
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    I think the DJ's have no control over what to play anymore at Capital, to be completely honest. It's a shame really...:sleep:

That;s the UK

everywhere elsel, Dj's decide ytheirselves what they play, or they decide together with the higher people from the station what to put on their playlist

but they can still play whatever they like
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kinda nervous to see what the LIG video will look like...I hope it's not cheap looking...
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I'm kinda nervous to see what the LIG video will look like...I hope it's not cheap looking...

Same...I hope we see more of Alex's legs in this video too. :D:o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same...I hope we see more of Alex's legs in this video too. :D:o:o

Haha....like the Bad Boys video...she looked hot in that silver dress...:D

Hopefully if she gets a US launch her budget will go up for the videos...
    Forum Member
    Haha....like the Bad Boys video...she looked hot in that silver dress...:D

Hopefully if she gets a US launch her budget will go up for the videos...

Her look has to be on point for the US launch and she should stick to something simple like this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her look has to be on point for the US launch and she should stick to something simple like this

Definitely..she looks amazing there....I think the US would take well to a classic look....none of these tight dresses and hotpants imo...even on stage I think she should be a bit simpler, but still colourful fun Alex...:)
    Forum Member
    Definitely..she looks amazing there....I think the US would take well to a classic look....none of these tight dresses and hotpants imo...even on stage I think she should be a bit simpler, but still colourful fun Alex...:)

I agree...Jennifer Hudson has been looking great lately, her stylist has done wonders for her. Alex should go for a similar look. :D
    Forum Member
    She should get this hair back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree...Jennifer Hudson has been looking great lately, her stylist has done wonders for her. Alex should go for a similar look. :D

I was thinking about her when I said that....Alex should look towards the style J had on American Idol....

I hope this duet materialises and they have plans in place....Alex did seem oddly confident when asked about the US...during the Overcome era she sounded really unsure, but this time she has been saying that there are definitely plans in place etc...exciting :D
    Forum Member
    I liked her curly weave on X Factor Final... now that was diva/hot/fierce/classy. I think she recently tried to re-create that though but her hairdresser didn't put a parting in, she deffo needs a parting otherwise she comes across drag queenish.
    Forum Member
    it's about time we get part 8
    Forum Member
    Alex is going to give us a video of her rehearsing for Let It Go music video choreography ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex is going to give us a video of her rehearsing for Let It Go music video choreography ;)

Great :D
This discussion has been closed.