The Doctor as Monster

henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
Forum Member
✭✭
With the new incarnation, are they going to bring out the monster side of Doctor Who since he is an alien and therefore a monster,technically. That might be interesting to explore and offer new dynamics.Maybe we should fear this doctor instead of warming to him?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    henry_hope wrote: »
    With the new incarnation, are they going to bring out the monster side of Doctor Who since he is an alien and therefore a monster,technically. That might be interesting to explore and offer new dynamics.Maybe we should fear this doctor instead of warming to him?

Maybe I missed something, but I was under the impression that the lesson DW tries to teach is that being alien (not human) doesn't automatically mean being a monster. :confused:

Sure, the Doctor has a dark side and it's been touched upon on several occasions during the last few years, but the show focusing solely on his dark side would IMO destroy the premise of the show.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Yep, being an alien doesn't make you a monster. And humans can be as monstrous as any alien.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too quote Harry Potter it is not our abilities but our choices that make us who we are. Humans can be just as bad as any monster /allien / creature whatever the doctor faces. Remember back at Demons Run his conversation with Madame Kovarian (did she get that name because she use to run a brothel ?). Anyway she said "The anger of a good man is not a problem , good men have too many rules" 11 replied "Good men don't need rules ,today is not the day to find out why I have so many" . That sentence explains a lot. Doctor has done some dark things. That's why he works so hard to be good and control his emotions. He knows the biggest darkness is inside himself.