Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,704
Administrator
This thread is a continuation of: Trivial things that annoy you intensely.
This sentence reminds me of an annoyance of mine.

Whenever I need to write down the word "spelt" it takes me ages to decide whether it's correct or not. Is it spelt, or is it spelled?!?!? Or neither?? >:(

Neither of them seem to look right to me. Though apparently "spelt" is more of a UK usage and "spelled" more of an American one. Both are, apparently acceptable.

Comments

• Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that long threads have to be split into different parts.

:p
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they close down threads and start new ones with (Part 3) in the header.
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that long threads have to be split into different parts.

:p

You win this time, damnit.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When they close down threads and start new ones with (Part 3) in the header.

Ha ha, too late sucker!!!!!:D
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,704
    Administrator
    When people moan about us splitting threads :(
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    When two bus drivers from the same bus company, and travelling in opposite directions, stop in the road and talk to each other from their cabs, holding up traffic both ways. >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Poor DS Forum Support - you guys have had it pretty rough recently! :D
  • Scarlet FeverScarlet Fever Posts: 216
    Forum Member

Brilliant!!
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    So I suppose I shall have to comment on this new thread to ensure that I get any notifications!
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    So I suppose I shall have to comment on this new thread to ensure that I get any notifications!

at the top of the thread (possibly the page) there is:

Show Printable Version
    Email this Page
    Subscribe to this Thread

:)
    Forum Member
    at the top of the thread (possibly the page) there is:

Show Printable Version
    Email this Page
    Subscribe to this Thread

:)

Thanks ^_^
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Over-use (or over reliance, should I say?) of the word interesting. I do it a lot and so do some other people - it bothers me. Iike I can't think how to explain what I think of something, why I like it or whatever, so I just say 'oh, interesting' - !
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    When you have mild indigestion and you take a swig of medicine that's supose to sooth it and it becomes 10 times worse!
    Forum Member
    When you've dragged 100 feet of hose to the bottom of the garden only to find there's a kink in it up by the tap! Grrrrrr!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    People who add a reply to the end of the thread without either reading the full op or especially not following the flow of the thread and the replies.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the screams of the latest victim you are torturing make it very hard to watch that nice gardening programme on the telly. :cry:
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when your listening in to neighbours having sex and they finish before you have
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Estate agents who describe properties in a different way to 99% of the population!

A friend of ours bought a house described as a 4 bed house but it isnt. They are happy with it as its big enough for them but its really odd!

Its a 2 bed house thats been tweaked a bit. Originally it had two double rooms but previous owners had built an en suite (exactly over the downstairs bathroom and the same size) but didnt get it plumbed in so the estate agents classed it as a bedroom despite it being too small to fit a bed in! Plus its only accessed via the master bedroom.

The fourth bedroom is a loft conversion which is ok in the middle but low everywhere else. To access that you have to go through the second large bedroom, so again the staircase takes up room in that room and means its not private.

The estate agent suggested that they could put up a dividing wall to make the en suite door be on the hallway. The only way that would work would result in the master room become a small double room, or the en suite room being a box room with a long narrow corridor to it!

I know estate agents have to make properties sound better, but esentially theyve sold a functional 2/3 bedroom house for the price of a 4! If the couple wanted to sell it in the future they would probably struggle as a larger family wouldnt be comfortable with the layout.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not considered this one until today but when it happened I just felt compelled to yell abuse (even though I didn't).

Pedestrians who cross a road, diagonally across a large, busy light controlled crossroads just at the point your lights go green.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When your last shift of work drags in.
  • bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The word "staycation" and anyone that uses it.
  • JanielovesyouJanielovesyou Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Callers who don't close the front gate especially after delivering 'junk mail'
    Forum Member
    Getting a really nice job, where the people are lovely, but the pay isn't fab -(but amazing benefits - airline)- and then being emailed about jobs that are paying £400-£550 a day....!!! And they are jobs I can do really easily!!!
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who are aware of but don't appreciate your financial limitations. My mom phoned a couple of nights ago and I was relating to her how hot it was last week when I had to take my daughter to the medical center. She said we should have taken a taxi. I guess in her world where they have infinite amounts of money to eat out, vacation in Hawaii for 6 weeks every winter, own 3 cars plus a huge RV, taking a taxi would be a doddle, but for us we just don't have much disposable income and she knows this. I don't expect her to subsidize us, just that she be mindful that not everyone can spend money at the drop of a hat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Di*khead brother in laws.
This discussion has been closed.