Options

The US Ratings Thread (Part 1)

Comments

• Options
    AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    Reign fell to 0.3 in the officials, ouch. It's dead.
    They renewed Beauty and the Beast with less.

The CW has a different financing model and thus different considerations when it comes to their renewal decisions as Beauty and the Beast ably proved last season. Its increasingly difficult to work out what they're going to do at the end of each season. I wouldn't completely discount Reign at this point.
    CBS need to sort out elementary. That is two weeks it has earned a 1.0. CBS won't put up with that for much longer. A move to friday?
    Hard to know how they'd fit it in on Friday night at this point. I suspect a move to Sunday night (perhaps in place of CSI: Cyber) is probably the more immediately workable option.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final numbers

Big Bang Theory adjusted up a tenth. Bad Judge and Biggest Loser down three tenths. Mom, A to Z and Parenthood down two tenths. Gracepoint, Two and a Half Men and Reign adjusted down a tenth. No adjustments for ABC.

ABC
    8PM: Grey's Anatomy – 2.4
    9PM: Scandal – 3.1
    10PM: How To Get Away With Murder – 3.1

CBS
    8PM: The Big Bang Theory – 4.1
    8:30PM: Mom – 2.5
    9PM: Two and a Half Men – 2.2
    9:30PM: The McCarthys – 1.4
    10PM: Elementary – 1.0

Fox
    8PM: Bones – 1.3
    9PM: Gracepoint – 0.7

NBC
    8PM: The Biggest Loser – 1.0
    9PM: Bad Judge – 0.9
    9:30PM: A to Z – 0.7
    10PM: Parenthood – 1.3

The CW
    8PM: The Vampire Diaries – 0.8
    9PM: Reign – 0.3
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBBT adjusted up a tenth. Bad Judge and Biggest Loser down three tenths, A to Z, Parenthood and Mom down two tenths, 2 and a half Men, Reign and Gracepoint down a tenth.

ABC
    Grey's Anatomy: 8.28m (2.4)
    Scandal: 10.02m (3.1)
    How To Get Away With Murder: 9.81m (3.1)

CBS
    The Big Bang Theory: 14.61m (4.1)
    Mom: 10.19m (2.5)
    Two and a Half Men: 8.62m (2.2)
    The McCarthys: 6.26m (1.4)
    Elementary: 6.49m (1.0)

Fox
    Bones: 5.26m (1.3)
    Gracepoint: 3.12m (0.7)

NBC
    The Biggest Loser: 4.29m (1.0)
    Bad Judge: 3.46m (0.9)
    A to Z: 2.44m (0.7)
    Parenthood: 3.99m (1.3)

The CW
    The Vampire Diaries: 1.68m (0.8)
    Reign: 1.10m (0.3)

Ouch for Reign. Shame Mom adjusted down, but a 2.5 is still decent. Looking at the rest of NBC, Parenthood will be a loss for them (even though two of the other show are cancelled anyway). It will probably be around the ~1.6 stage for its last episode? Surprised The McCarthy's didn't adjust down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt from 30 Rock's Tina Fey and Robert Carlock will no longer be airing on NBC. The series is instead moving to Netflix who have already ordered a second season of the show. The first season will debut on the service in March.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Netflix did that Tina fey comedy a load of good. I haven't seen any promos for the show, but i don't think it would done that well on NBC and would of more than likely had not seen out all of the episodes filmed.

So they a half hour slot free then? They will either quickly pull out another new half hour show, or fill it in with reruns or move a struggling show into the spot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Netflix did that Tina fey comedy a load of good. I haven't seen any promos for the show, but i don't think it would done that well on NBC and would of more than likely had not seen out all of the episodes filmed.

So they a half hour slot free then? They will either quickly pull out another new half hour show, or fill it in with reruns or move a struggling show into the spot.

Hmm interesting. Maybe one of Marry Me or AAB will be put there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking that too
    Maybe About a boy as Marry me is doing rather well. About boy needs the boost more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Given who's behind the series and how, generally speaking, patient NBC has been with comedy in recent times I think there's little chance Kimmy Schmidt wouldn't have aired all of its ordered episodes on NBC. Whether it would have gotten a second season is another question entirely and certainly I think its safe to say the series will have a longer run on Netflix than is likely on NBC.

In terms of scheduling I don't think it leaves them with an open slot.

They hadn't scheduled it yet and reports are that part of the reason NBC opted to sell it onto Netflix is that they didn't actually know what to do with the show or where to put it (which itself would suggest that they intend to keep Marry Me at least out of The Voice or have already locked a drama into that Tuesday 9PM slot midseason). Its apparently very off beat. Even more so than the generally out there concept would suggest as well which also led to NBC hesitating slightly on it.

Personally I think they should extend The Voice's Tuesday outings to 90 minutes and run Marry Me at 9:30 into Chicago Fire. Then pair About a Boy with the final season of Parks & Rec on Friday or Sunday night. At this point I think they probably have to go all out to try and make something of Marry Me. Its basically the only broad hitting comedy they have and given the rather sizeable shifts they've been making in comedy this year I think its fair to say they're planning to change comedy direction (finally).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friday early ratings:

CBS:
    The Amazing Race- 6.06m (1.2)
    Hawaii Five 0- 10.00m (1.3)
    Blue Bloods- 11.55m (1.3)

ABC:
    Last Man Standing- 7.11m (1.3)
    Cristela- 5.29m (1.0)
    Shark Tank- 7.83m (2.0)
    20/20- 6.93m (1.6)

NBC:
    Dateline- 7.66m (1.5)
    Grimm- 5.43m (1.3)
    Constantine- 3.54m (1.1)

FOX- All repeats

CW:
    Who's Line- 1.64m (0.5)
    ANTM- 1.16m (0.4)

Good to see the NBC shows rise for Grimm and Constantine. Hope Grimm doesn't adjust down, it's half hours were 1.3/1.3 so maybe less chance it will? In terms of just viewers, that is Grimm's highest ratings in a while (half way through last season?). Constantine's half hours were 1.1/1.0. Shark Tank yet again, the only Friday show to get a 2.0 not surprisingly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An alright rise for Constantine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are filming the 13th episode of Constantine now, so i wonder if they will end it on a cliffhanger or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An alright rise for Constantine.

Better than alright surely. A three tenths rise from 0.8 to 1.1 is very impressive. I wonder if it will stay 1.0+ now or if it will drop down again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Constantine certainly isn't making NBC's decision easy. Be interesting to see if this rise sticks or if its just a random one week deal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABC have cancelled their midseason show Members only. The show was meant to go into production for 13 episodes but ABC have changed their mind

Bit annoyed about this as i was looking forward to this. I believe it was described as an american modern day downton abbey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I'm entirely surprised about Members Only. They'd assembled a rather nice cast (who incidentally will now all be freed up for pilot season) but ABC seemed to lose interest in the project after David O Russell departed it.

And now John Stamos' pretty awful run of luck continues as well. For an actor the networks apparently love he certainly has trouble getting shows he stars in on the air.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NBC have confirmed they will not be ordering any more episodes of Constantine. The show's fate will be determined on how well their midseason shows do. I think Constantine will be this year's Dracula then. The fate of that show was strung out until May.
  • Options
    dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NBC have confirmed they will not be ordering any more episodes of Constantine. The show's fate will be determined on how well their midseason shows do. I think Constantine will be this year's Dracula then. The fate of that show was strung out until May.
    Not surprised about this one, TBH. It was trying to be too many things all at once - Grimm/Supernatural/Agents of Shield all merged together, and in the process, failed to deliver one really great idea on screen. It's sort of a shame that this show didn't go to the CW instead - it actually would have fitted well in their line-up, and been something to replace their older fantasy shows like SPN or TVD, as they're starting to look really tired now. It's cancellation without using the word - not the slightest chance of renewal, but they won't announce until May, like you say. I only watched one episode of this show, not sure I'll bother with the ones left.

As for Members Only, poor John Stamos, his luck is really dire at the moment! My advice - he needs to get himself cast on Ryan Murphy's new show 'Scream Queens' - he's worked for Murphy on Glee and The New Normal before (and Ryan loves reusing his rota of favoured actors). That show goes into production in the spring and I think he'd be a rather decent fit for the premise. It's a female led series, apparently, but I think he'd suit a strong secondary role. BTW, the title of that new show may well change - just the most basic google brings up a reality TV show from a few years ago. I would have thought the working title would have to be changed to avoid confusion. Mind you, there was news about a Full House revival being developed recently - not sure how much of a good idea this is, but he suddenly has more time to work on it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have yet to see Constantine but heard nothing but mixed reviews. Many didn't like the pilot and I think many think it hasn't stayed true to the comic. I also read a lot of people who do like it, prefer the character of Liv over the new girl who replaced her after the pilot.

If the show is cancelled, maybe The CW should consider picking it up but i very much doubt it. Although judging by the previews alone, i think Constantine looks a damn sight better than what airs on The CW and even the SyFy channel.
  • Options
    dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have yet to see Constantine but heard nothing but mixed reviews. Many didn't like the pilot and I think many think it hasn't stayed true to the comic. I also read a lot of people who do like it, prefer the character of Liv over the new girl who replaced her after the pilot.

If the show is cancelled, maybe The CW should consider picking it up but i very much doubt it. Although judging by the previews alone, i think Constantine looks a damn sight better than what airs on The CW and even the SyFy channel.
    It's a long time since the CW picked up a show from another network, isn't it? They used to do it all the time but not at all recently.

I wonder if Hannibal will get moved up to start earlier in Constantine's place, when those episodes finish airing? It was due back in April/May, but it could do decently well in a winter schedule.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dizzie wrote: »
    It's a long time since the CW picked up a show from another network, isn't it? They used to do it all the time but not at all recently.

I wonder if Hannibal will get moved up to start earlier in Constantine's place, when those episodes finish airing? It was due back in April/May, but it could do decently well in a winter schedule.
    Constantine will likely stay on the air until mid-late February so Hannibal probably returns March. Assuming their plan is to put Hannibal back in that Friday 10PM slot after Constantine is done.

Additionally The CW has never made a habit of picking up shows canned by other networks. The only time I can remember them doing anything close to that is when CBS Studios decided to move Ringer there when they couldn't find space for it on CBS where it was piloted. The economics at work at The CW make those kind of transfers difficult to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunday November 23

NOTE: CBS was delayed by a 30 minute football overrun

ABC
    7PM: America's Funniest Home Videos – 1.4
    8PM: American Music Awards 2014 – 3.8
    Half hours for AMA's: 3.6 / 3.8 / 4.0 / 3.9 / 4.0 / 3.5

CBS
    7PM: 60 Minutes – 3.9
    8PM: Madam Secretary – 1.8
    9PM: The Good Wife – 1.4
    10PM: CSI – 1.3

Fox
    7PM: The Simpsons[r] – 1.0
    7:30PM: Mulaney – 0.7
    8PM: The Simpsons – 1.6
    8:30PM: Brooklyn Nine-Nine – 1.5
    9PM: Family Guy[r] – 1.2
    9:30PM: Bob's Burgers – 0.9

NBC
    7PM: Football Night in America – 2.1
    7:30PM: Football Night in America – 3.7
    8PM: Football Night in America – 5.2
    8:30PM: Sunday Night Football – 7.3
    9PM: Sunday Night Football – 7.3
    9:30PM: Sunday Night Football – 7.4
    10PM: Sunday Night Football – 6.8
    10:30PM: Sunday Night Football – 6.8

--

Terrible night for Fox. Their Sunday line-up got squeezed from all sides last night and didn't have a football over run to help it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »

I already confirmed that posts above
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dizzie wrote: »

I wouldn't say they did it all the time. I don't think they have ever done it at all.

Unless you mean back in the day when they were WB and UPN

MS's ratings have really soared lately. That 1.8 is a much better looking then the 1.4/1.5 it was mainly getting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's Line and Hawaii adjusted up.

Friday finals:

CBS:
    The Amazing Race- 5.95m (1.2)
    Hawaii Five 0- 10.07m (1.4)
    Blue Bloods- 11.62m (1.3)

ABC:
    Last Man Standing- 7.10m (1.3)