Splash

Comments

• lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think I will be watching and I love my reality tv but im just not interesting in watching celebs attempting this.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Hope this is a MASSIVE bellyflop, sounds horrendous.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    It's dead in the water, already.
  • xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer Metcalfe has quit. Deserting a sinking ship methinks...
  • Tarriq IbrahimTarriq Ibrahim Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I put money on it that this will be a huge ratings flop!
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that ITV had really scrapped the bottom of the barrell with Dogs that Dance over Christmas, but well done to them for going even below that level

How can this be prime time Saturday night TV

And ITV wonder why folk are switching off in droves and getting SKY/cable etc
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people should give it a chance.

It was very entertaining tv when Channel 4 did it for The Games and this format has been extremely successful in the Netherlands.
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm actually looking forward to this :)
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer Metcalfe has quit. Deserting a sinking ship methinks...

Haven't the first two shows already been recorded though?
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cent wrote: »

It was very entertaining tv when Channel 4 did it for The Games and this format has been extremely successful in the Netherlands.

This may be an omen but the Generation Game was based on a Dutch TV show called One Out of Eight and was a huge success in the 1970s. However it sounds as if Splash might be based on Raise the Titanic.
    Forum Member
    Cent wrote: »

That had a nice spread of different sports.

This just has one!

The entertainment level here will be very shortlived. That's if it even exists at all.

Would there be any interest in it if it wasn't a 'celebrity' show?

ITV think that any format or idea is good enough to be made into a television show as long as it's a 'celebrity' version of that show.

They brought back Mr & Mrs, and Family Fortunes by making the dull old shows into 'celebrity' versions and they think that anything is fair game if celebrities are involved.

It's really uncreative and lazy.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV think that any format or idea is good enough to be made into a television show as long as it's a 'celebrity' version of that show.
    I don't watch much ITV, but the BBC is just as guilty of pandering to the celebrity culture.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    I don't watch much ITV, but the BBC is just as guilty of pandering to the celebrity culture.

Celebrity Mastermind certainly broke new ground there by having celebrities no-one had ever heard of:eek:
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Celebrity Mastermind certainly broke new ground there by having celebrities no-one had ever heard of:eek:
    Hardly new ground. Most so-called celebrity programmes have people no-one has ever heard of. I have only heard of the awful Adele because of two other "celebrity" specials she has been on. (Sorry, that should probably be "heard" instead of "heard of".)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll reserve judgment on Splash! until I've seen it. People like Jade Ewen and Kenzie should be quite funny on it.

What else would be better? Celebrity Tipping Point?! :eek:
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Lets give this show a chance at least.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    methodyguy wrote: »
    Lets give this show a chance at least.
    Yes....I'm expecting Blood and Broken Bones.....LIVE!

It is live, isn't it.;)
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to be in the minority and take a more conservative view by thinking that it's possible that this might work.

The reason I suspect this is that I watched The Games on Channel 4 and the diving section provided highlight moments.
    If anybody remembers Bobby Davro's belly flop you'll know what I mean.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aubW4CaGaKY
    Nowadays something like that will go viral on youtube.

Thing is The Games was good because apart from the training recaps the events themselves were live, and it had a kind of Games house which served a reality TV aspect.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is soooo Vernon Kaye.

A man who has never uttered the words ' No, that looks completely shit, I'm having nothing to do with it'
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    This show is soooo Vernon Kaye.

A man who has never uttered the words ' No, that looks completely shit, I'm having nothing to do with it'

Or even thought them.
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    I'm actually looking forward to this :)

Me too, I love watching the dives in the olympics and at least they're learning a skill out of it.

People on here are too negative.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    So will tomorrows dives be pre-recorded or shown live? :o
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Pre-recorded I guess. Didn't we see a few glimpses of the dives in the trailer?

it's live ... the clips in the trailer are from a pilot show recorded a few weeks ago for advertising
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    diamond1 wrote: »
    it's live ... the clips in the trailer are from a pilot show recorded a few weeks ago for advertising

It will certainly make it better if it is live. Tom Daley was on the radio yesterday and he gave the distinct impression that it had already been recorded , but he may have been talking about a practice session. He did say that some " celebs" will be attempting the full 10m dive which is a very scary thing to do .
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I,m going to give this a chance I like Jake and Dom :) will definetly be better if its live
  • theiatheia Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am beginning to think Partridge was more a visionary rather than a mentalist

This has Simon Cowell production written all over it

Totally agree...