Options

Pixie timing issue

shorley_wallshorley_wall Posts: 32
Forum Member
I'm a long time lurker and tonight this irritated me to the point I could no longer stay silent.

Steve suffered with some timing issues tonight and every one was mentioned by the judges.

Pixie on her solo leg kicks (which were impressive) dis lose time. Twice. It wasn't mentioned once and got a 10. Please tell me it wasn't just me that noticed it. At that point she was painfully out of sync with Trent.....

Comments

• Options
    smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the timing was way out on several occassions... way overmarked !!

Cant believe the judges did not pick up on this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can as it's clear she's a 'favourite' but it still irks me.

Thank you for letting me know I wasn't imagining it!
  • Options
    pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was out of time and I thought Caroline was too in places.
  • Options
    SopheenaSopheena Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Agree, she was out of time on several occasions.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was brilliant. But some people here just do not like her.
  • Options
    dewyrosedewyrose Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Way overmarked!
  • Options
    SopheenaSopheena Posts: 91
    Forum Member

Her dance wasn't perfect? Lol
  • Options
    ricardorobertoricardoroberto Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    I was too busy looking at her legs to notice the timing.... :blush:
  • Options
    FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very ragged and had too much content. Absurd song for the Charleston, it just made it look like they'd been put on fast forward and forgot timing and technique in the process. Some very ungainly shapes were made from all of the above. Shame really, the Charleston would have suited her to a tee if the song was slower.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No complaints about over-marking this week are at all credible unless they complain most about Jake's.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member

I quite like her but there was a lot of mistiming in the dance and it wasn't much of a Charlston either (the latter not her fault given the music and choreography are nothing to do with her and not much to do with Trent).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very ragged and had too much content. Absurd song for the Charleston, it just made it look like they'd been put on fast forward and forgot timing and technique in the process. Some very ungainly shapes were made from all of the above. Shame really, the Charleston would have suited her to a tee if the song was slower.

Ungainly shapes are common in Charlestons. That's one of the reasons it's the Strictly dance I like least.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She may have been out with her timing .. but the content cannot be compared to Steve. Most of the time she was in sync. Steve had far less to do but couldn't keep up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Ungainly shapes are common in Charlestons. That's one of the reasons it's the Strictly dance I like least.

I know, but at least they're done on purpose in those instances :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I found the judging of her dance frustrating. They all commented on the content being full as full, but nothing of substance about her execution of it. So Trent packs content in. Splendid. Pixie was also there.
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Think that both Pixie and Jake were overmarked. Really shameful that the judges savage other candidates on mistakes, but not with these two. Even I noticed the mistakes, and I am far from a dance expert.
  • Options
    SummeririsSummeriris Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was brilliant. But some people here just do not like her.[/QUOTE/}

But I do like her, she's a very good dancer...but I didn't like that dance. It didn't even seem like a Charleston. And she didn't have an ounce of swivel. The way Craig has went on about the lack of swivel all season and he never mentioned it. The way Bruno goes on about timing and he never mentioned her lack of timing tonight. Everybody has one dance they can't do well, this probably was her's. But for the judges to overlook what they have pointed out over and over again in other dancers was not fair. The girl can take a few lower marks, we all know she can dance. Just not a Charleston.
  • Options
    nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering how fast-paced the dance was I was impressed by how in sync they were for the vast majority of the dance.

Not their best dance but still one of the best dances of the night. Only Frankie was better IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, but at least they're done on purpose in those instances :p

I don't think anyone can know which ones were on purpose and which weren't, unless the dancer does something like fall flat on their face and break their nose. Presumably that wouldn't be on purpose.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    No complaints about over-marking this week are at all credible unless they complain most about Jake's.

Most of the marks and comments were ridiculous tonight. Hardly any of the dances bore more than a passing resemblance to what they were supposed to be, nobody expects the celebs to be perfect but glaring errors and poor technique were overlooked. Frankie danced a VW and I enjoyed Simon (though I don't know much about salsa to comment whether it was a good one or not) but otherwise it was a shambles.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad they've got the Charleston out of the way. It's a ridiculous dance, and that bloody music was far too fast, anyone would have had timing issues. She did very well and the score was great considering there were some tiny errors.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think that both Pixie and Jake were overmarked. Really shameful that the judges savage other candidates on mistakes, but not with these two. Even I noticed the mistakes, and I am far from a dance expert.

It's this that really annoys me. I don't dislike anyone really this year (that's still in anyway) but the inconsistent judging is making it really unenjoyable. I know it's bad every year, maybe I'm just getting bored of the whole thing.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    There were some timing problems but it should be acknowledged that it was an ambitious and pacey routine.

For me it wasn't overmarked relative to the other performances.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone can know which ones were on purpose and which weren't, unless the dancer does something like fall flat on their face and break their nose. Presumably that wouldn't be on purpose.

Yes, quite. Just thought it came across more as a frantic way to keep up the pace that's all. Trent struggled too imo.