Options

Jakes Samba

Comments

• Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How could anyone actually think it was a SAMBA? Mostly he stood there wiggling his hips in the most ridiculous way. It was cringeworthy and horrendous.
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    not too sure about how authentic it was, but it was certainly a good show, although bits were OTT- the ass shake went on a bit too long and the gurning face made it slightly alarming...:o
  • Options
    kittenkong42kittenkong42 Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges commented about technique issues and still marked it 10s? It was fun, but really didn't feel like a samba to me...
  • Options
    BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't like it.

It was very frantic and didn't resemble a samba -- absolutely no bounce whatsoever. Definitely not deserving any 10s...
  • Options
    cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it and voted for it. It was full of joy.
  • Options
    JDarcyJDarcy Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    It was very entertaining but if it had been a different contestant/song then I think it would have gotten 7s or 8s.

If it had gotten 8s or (at a push) 9s I wouldn't have a problem but 10s for that are not fair to other contestants who have done technically much better sambas. There were problems there the judges have picked up on for anyone else
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    It made me vomit then it pissed me off
  • Options
    Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was a mess and marked too high
    j4Rose wrote: »
    It was fun, but it wasn't a Samba.

Agreed, not enough samba content, the rolls were a disaster and all he seemed to do was shake his bum...overmarked
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it :D So fun and perked up the show.
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally over marked - almost comic in places. Credit for his enthusiasm but the judges marks were ludicrous
  • Options
    dreamer57dreamer57 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit OTT and overmarked too - but it was entertaining :P
  • Options
    sradiasradia Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not for me at all, the word that came to mind at the end was 'vulgar', I must be getting old! :blush:,
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    It was like some weird mating ritual....and what was it with the facial expression.
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was not good at all....absolutely bemused by the marking:o It was as if he had been set up to be brilliant this week, we have been hearing all week about his hips being back, in fact I got a bit sick of hearing about his hips tbh. Did the judges forget that there is more to the dance than just hips and tbh his hip movements imo are pretty unattractive and very unatural. How can the judges point out faults and then mark as if it were perfection:confused:

I didn't enjoy it tbh and think he was way overmarked.
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He gave an entertaining performance of a generic "latin" dance, but the basic samba moves were not well done and most of it was a show dance.

As enjoyable as it was the judges should have commented more on the actual technique he was supposed to be displaying.
  • Options
    Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry it was marked as it was. They are the judges. You lot are not. It was fab:p
  • Options
    TelcontarTelcontar Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    A proper marmite dance - there's no doubt he's got rhythm and can dance well but the routine was far too self-aware and interested in making fun of the snakehips tag he's earned. Would've preferred less gurning and cleaner basic samba.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popeye in a pink shirt trying to dance a samba whilst drunk is what I thought it looked like.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sensational. :D

End of. :p
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    How could anyone actually think it was a SAMBA? Mostly he stood there wiggling his hips in the most ridiculous way. It was cringeworthy and horrendous.

totally agree Janette lack of technical skills showing - travesty of a samba
  • Options
    luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it, tons of fun which is what Strictly is all about :)

:)Jake for the win :)
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not worth a 10 for me, and why did Len give one when he basically said it lacked technique? Fine for a non-Samba if you want to give it full marks. Of the Samba steps/moves that were in the routine, they weren't executed that well. When male Pros do the Samba properly they look fine dancing it, so this idea men look silly doing the Samba isn't true if actually done well and properly.
  • Options
    Abs1986Abs1986 Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Not a proper samba the pros just fill the sambas with wiggling and thrusting theses days! Way over marked!!
  • Options
    joh1965joh1965 Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Logopolis wrote: »
    Swear I'm the only person who liked it

You're not
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luigy39 wrote: »
    Loved it, tons of fun which is what Strictly is all about :)

:)Jake for the win :)

I agree :D