Options

Good on Brendan

Comments

• Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brenden has such an ego typical of him to start an argument with a VIP to get in the papers.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »

Good for Brendan. What makes Matt Smith think he's so grand? What I've seen of him he's not a particularly great actor.
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Brenden has such an ego typical of him to start an argument with a VIP to get in the papers.

As Brendan pointed out it was a VIP event so presumably Brendan wasn't the only VIP he pushed in front of.

Why are you making out Brendan was the bad guy here when clearly he wasn't?
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good for Brendan

cannot stand people who think they are bigger, better and more important than anyone else
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    good for Brendan

cannot stand people who think they are bigger, better and more important than anyone else

"do you know who I am?"

*Ask Matron, she'll tell you...*
  • Options
    musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    Well said brendan
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Good for Brendan. What makes Matt Smith think he's so grand? What I've seen of him he's not a particularly great actor.

Matt Smith is an actor???
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Matt Smith is an actor???

Playing the part of being Matt Smith - Very Important Person it seems and apparently unconvincingly.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    good for Brendan

Well clearly they all think they're better and bigger and more important than everyone else .. they're all VIP's darling.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As Brendan pointed out it was a VIP event so presumably Brendan wasn't the only VIP he pushed in front of.

Because only acting like the village idiot isn't exciting enough. He tries to create Brenda as a hate figure. Think it has something to do with another reality show and a chicken.
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, Terry will you please get over your irrational hatred of Brendan! He hasn't done anything wrong in this case!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moonbean wrote: »
    Yes, Terry will you please get over your irrational hatred of Brendan! He hasn't done anything wrong in this case!

Unfortunately he did, Matts girlfriend was already at the front of the VIP queue he was only trying to find her again.
  • Options
    millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately he did, Matts girlfriend was already at the front of the VIP queue he was only trying to find her again.

Were you in the queue to Terry? If you are waiting in a queue, and someone barges past, you might actually say something whether you are a VIP or not. If you say before you barge past excuse me my other half is just there, saying it after you have jumped the queue is not the same. Manner's cost nothing.

Will be off to see the winter wonderland in a few weeks, don't think I will be in any VIP queue though.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    millysshaw wrote: »
    Were you in the queue to Terry? If you are waiting in a queue, and someone barges past, you might actually say something whether you are a VIP or not. If you say before you barge past excuse me my other half is just there, saying it after you have jumped the queue is not the same. Manner's cost nothing.

Will be off to see the winter wonderland in a few weeks, don't think I will be in any VIP queue though.;-)

The simple answer is to not waste time by waiting in queues in the first place, too many people with too many germs, but that said I would always try to help anyone to become reunited with their partner, not start an argument just to seek attention.

You don't see real VIP's like Elton John standing in queues.
  • Options
    KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Matt sounds a right **** just like someoneelse whose name starts with T ... ****
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The simple answer is to not waste time by waiting in queues in the first place, too many people with too many germs, but that said I would always try to help anyone to become reunited with their partner, not start an argument just to seek attention.

Oh sweetie, if anyone knows how to seek attention, it's you...
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heh, I notice when it's a story that puts a pro in a good light at somebody else's expense the usual "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ IN THE DAILY WAIL/FAIL/HEIL!" posts are conspicuous by their absence.:D
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Non story. Matt it was stated at the beginning was trying to get to his girlfriend who was further up the line. I very much doubt Matt would pull the "Don't you know who I am", either would Brendan do the "Get back in line".
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Heh, I notice when it's a story that puts a pro in a good light at somebody else's expense the usual "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ IN THE DAILY WAIL/FAIL/HEIL!" posts are conspicuous by their absence.:D

How cynical! :o

Those who criticise any newspaper are often quite duplicitous. Like the commuter who always carries his copy of the Graudian conspicuously under his arm but has his copy of the Sun or Daily Star tucked firmly inside hidden from view.

Indeed, they are often the same folk who actually voted for Tony Blair/Margaret Thatcher but in public always claimed, musically vociferously, the opposite.
  • Options
    millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately we can not get away with not queuing whether it is cueing for a show or in a shop.

Terry why do you not like Brendan? Just wondered you don't have to answer.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Non story. Matt it was stated at the beginning was trying to get to his girlfriend who was further up the line. I very much doubt Matt would pull the "Don't you know who I am", either would Brendan do the "Get back in line".

Exactly donna, Matt was trying to find his girlfriend and the non VIP and his ego was trying to get his photo in the papers, blatent attention seeking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    millysshaw wrote: »
    Unfortunately we can not get away with not queuing whether it is cueing for a show or in a shop.

Terry why do you not like Brendan? Just wondered you don't have to answer.:cool:

In fact you can if you plan in advance, I always make a point of going to shops where you don't have to queue.

Brenden is a talented dancer, he has spent his time with Anton very well and learnt a great deal from him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    Exactly donna, Matt was trying to find his girlfriend and the non VIP and his ego was trying to get his photo in the papers, blatent attention seeking.

That isn't quite what happened - the incident was talked about on twitter by people who were there. Matt pushed ahead of a group of children who were waiting for a ride thinking he had more right to be there than them and Brendan pulled him up on it. The tweets were very much on Brendan's side. There was no talk about a girlfriend waiting for Matt at the front of the queue, which is anyway no excuse.
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    That isn't quite what happened - the incident was talked about on twitter by people who were there. Matt pushed ahead of a group of children who were waiting for a ride thinking he had more right to be there than them and Brendan pulled him up on it. The tweets were very much on Brendan's side. There was no talk about a girlfriend waiting for Matt at the front of the queue, which is anyway no excuse.

Well definitely good on Brendan then.
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brendan is the gentleman Terry, not the bad guy. We know you hate him but in this case you're out of order.