Options

How do fans still care so much?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to support United/love my wife until they stopped being successful/got fat

#Realfan
  • Options
    Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    BomoLad wrote: »
    I used to support United/love my wife until they stopped being successful/got fat

#Realfan
    Supporter and being a TV fan or follower is different if that was the case I'd be at Chelsea right now. Despite United's successes FC United still exists
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First because of the love of the game. ..it sounds cheesy but it's true. I love football.
    I don't think I can ever give up on my favorite club no matter. ...if anything as the years go by my love for the club grows ; yes despite harsh losses, droughts of trophies, my issues with the club and some players. Btw I'm a Madridista ( Real Madrid supporter ).

I used to be a big fan of Man U years ago but my interest waned over the years 🙈🙈. I still keep up with the Epl though, La ligue 1 and Bundesliga. ...like I said I love football.

But to answer the op question, I think it's probably the change of the players, their manager that I can't stand (Mourinho), the whole dynamic of the team...all those elements made me less interested about MU lately. I used to be a big fan. No offense to their fans but I just don't feel like the players care that much about the team...I don't see a lot of motivation ...just my opinion.
  • Options
    Nova21Nova21 Posts: 14,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    First because of the love of the game. ..it sounds cheesy but it's true. I love football.
    I don't think I can ever give up on my favorite club no matter. ...if anything as the years go by my love for the club grows ; yes despite harsh losses, droughts of trophies, my issues with the club and some players. Btw I'm a Madridista ( Real Madrid supporter ).

I used to be a big fan of Man U years ago but my interest waned over the years 🙈🙈. I still keep up with the Epl though, La ligue 1 and Bundesliga. ...like I said I love football.

But to answer the op question, I think it's probably the change of the players, their manager that I can't stand (Mourinho), the whole dynamic of the team...all those elements made me less interested about MU lately. I used to be a big fan. No offense to their fans but I just don't feel like the players care that much about the team...I don't see a lot of motivation ...just my opinion.

Doesn't your second and third paragraphs contradict your first paragraph?
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    With the greatest respect if you are flip flopping between Real Madrid and Man Utd I'd question what kind of "football fan" you are anyway. If your support for Man Utd has died off during a period of relative lack of success then it actually pretty much answer the question.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nova21 wrote: »
    Doesn't your second and third paragraphs contradict your first paragraph?

No it doesn't. Still a fan but not a hardcore fan as I used to be :) .
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being a big fan of a second team but losing interest because the personnel change doesn't scream undying commitment.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »

Okay, fair enough, I would disagree very strongly about the players not caring at Manchester United, there are plenty there like Mata, Rashford, Herrera, and others who really I think get the club, and want us to do as well as possible.
  • Options
    Derek1903Derek1903 Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    no players care about the teams nowadays. For example Ronaldo usually gives everything on the field but he is not a Real madrid supporter, if someone offered him more money or if Real were doing bad and a team doing better wanted him he would leave.
    You don`t get players that play for their team they supported and finis their career at the same club.
    Totti and a few others are the last examples. Some players have a good work ethic so they give everything at whatever club they are at. I respect that as they see it as a job and just like working in any job they try to do their best wherever they are.
    Totti and players like him know what the fans actually want, he is in contact with all the Ultras at Roma, so it`s a much deeper relation than just turning up and playing well.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Derek1903 wrote: »
    no players care about the teams nowadays. For example Ronaldo usually gives everything on the field but he is not a Real madrid supporter, if someone offered him more money or if Real were doing bad and a team doing better wanted him he would leave.
    You don`t get players that play for their team they supported and finis their career at the same club.
    Totti and a few others are the last examples. Some players have a good work ethic so they give everything at whatever club they are at. I respect that as they see it as a job and just like working in any job they try to do their best wherever they are.
    Totti and players like him know what the fans actually want, he is in contact with all the Ultras at Roma, so it`s a much deeper relation than just turning up and playing well.

What difference does it make?

You talk about Ronaldo, As long as he gives everything what actual realistic difference does it make if he a Real fan or Ebbsleet Utd? Should he play for them?

The only thing that matters is the player performs the best he can that's what fans "actually want"