Natalie Cassidy loses weight - again

1235»

Comments

• The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you can divorce the way she is now from the kind of comments she was getting growing up. If press and public focus negatively on a girl's looks and weight from childhood and all through her teens, they can hardly be surprised if she ends up with major issues about her looks and weight. To then criticise her for being so obsessed seems a particularly unpleasant double whammy of bullying.

Or, conversely, she is merely creating the cycle for herself again as she doesn't have the intelligence to see how she is perpetuating the cycle herself.

No, sorry - but passing comment on a woman who consistently force feeds us pictures of herself in various states of undress 'I'm happy being fat' 'I'm happy being thin' is NOT bullying. Bullying is a word that gets bandied around far too much. I don't think it's even criticism of her size per se - more criticism of her foisting the focus on her weight down our throats all the time. I don't care if she's 34 stone or 8 stone - I just don't want or need to hear about it.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps now she's 'thin & happy', she can get help to stop smoking?
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,184
    Forum Member
    Pretty sure last year I read the same article but 3 mnths later she was bigger and unhappy
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or, conversely, she is merely creating the cycle for herself again as she doesn't have the intelligence to see how she is perpetuating the cycle herself.

No, sorry - but passing comment on a woman who consistently force feeds us pictures of herself in various states of undress 'I'm happy being fat' 'I'm happy being thin' is NOT bullying. Bullying is a word that gets bandied around far too much. I don't think it's even criticism of her size per se - more criticism of her foisting the focus on her weight down our throats all the time. I don't care if she's 34 stone or 8 stone - I just don't want or need to hear about it.

The bullying charge is one I'd lay more at the door of those who sneered at her looks and weight before she began making a career out of them and now sneer at her for being obsessed with her looks and weight.

I agree she's taking entirely the wrong route in dealing with this, and I wish she was doing things differently. You do seem to be disregarding what I'm saying though; that all the negative commentary isn't directed at her behaviour and indeed predates it by many years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bullying charge is one I'd lay more at the door of those who sneered at her looks and weight before she began making a career out of them and now sneer at her for being obsessed with her looks and weight.

I agree she's taking entirely the wrong route in dealing with this, and I wish she was doing things differently. You do seem to be disregarding what I'm saying though; that all the negative commentary isn't directed at her behaviour and indeed predates it by many years.

IMHO, the negative commentary is predominatly directed specifically at her obsessive desire to tell us about her weight. Yes, I accept she was called names when she was in EE - which is horrible and unacceptable - but the criticism she gets now is entirely of her own volition.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMHO, the negative commentary is predominatly directed specifically at her obsessive desire to tell us about her weight. Yes, I accept she was called names when she was in EE - which is horrible and unacceptable - but the criticism she gets now is entirely of her own volition.

My point is that the criticism she got then made her into the person she is now.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FGS you lot. Some people might think she is not very nice, but you lot are no better. There is more to life than being obsessed by someone else's weight or looks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FGS you lot. Some people might think she is not very nice, but you lot are no better. There is more to life than being obsessed by someone else's weight or looks.

Perhaps you need to give Natalie Cassidy the same piece of advice :rolleyes:

You'd be doing her a favour... oh hang on, she'd have to find another way of getting publicity then wouldn't she?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Perhaps you need to give Natalie Cassidy the same piece of advice :rolleyes:

You'd be doing her a favour... oh hang on, she'd have to find another way of getting publicity then wouldn't she?

Nice
    :D:D;)
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The only person obsessed with Nat's weight is Natalie Cassidy.

It's been commented on dozens of times on here - we are discussing her own obsession with her weight & need for publicity - not the actual weight itself - i doubt anybody else could care less what she weighs.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »

It's been commented on dozens of times on here - we are discussing her own obsession with her weight & need for publicity - not the actual weight itself - i doubt anybody else could care less what she weighs.

This. I couldn't care less if she's a size 26 or a size 6. I wish she'd actually realise she's a decent actress and go back to that as her day job rather than pimping herself out as another Katona.
    She could have been the new Kathy Burke as far as acting roles goes but she's possibly blown her chance of being taken seriously as an actor now as she's better known as a reality tv zeleb, rent a gob and yoyo dieter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What about all the spiteful comments about her looks then? Why do some people think they have a right to be particularly nasty about that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about all the spiteful comments about her looks then? Why do some people think they have a right to be particularly nasty about that?

I have no idea - why dont you ask someone who has actually commented on her looks. I certainly havent and wouldnt condone it either.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her on-off boyfriend and father of her child seems like a right piece of work anyway, which would be enough to dent anybody's confidence.
  • QueenMaudeQueenMaude Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly. It's one thing criticizing the stupid stories in the paper, another to say she is not attractive, she's ugly, she needs to stop trying to be sexy because she is so not sexy she should not try.

Wow how nice. I didn't realise you could only do a sexy shoot and try to improve your confidence and get a bit of money for doing so unless you look like Mila Kunis.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea - why dont you ask someone who has actually commented on her looks. I certainly havent and wouldnt condone it either.

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound as if I was getting at you. My apologies. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry. I didn't mean to sound as if I was getting at you. My apologies. :o

No worries teresagreen :)

I echo what Blondie says - she certainly could have been the next Kathy Burke if she concentrated on acting and not selling weight stories.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QueenMaude wrote: »
    she is not attractive, she's ugly, she needs to stop trying to be sexy because she is so not sexy she should not try.

There is always the character actor role. Liz Smith had a very good career from playing the 'old crone' role in film and tv.

There is now a space in the market and audition queue for a new 'old crone' face.

Perhaps her agent should look at this as a more lucrative future!

I'll take my 10% introduction cut please.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Isn't it odd that these celebs who shift a lot of weight end up only being able to talk about slimming, gastric bands etc. Their careers seem to disappear! Look at Fern, we see article after article about her slimming, her weightloss, her gastric band etc. Same with the TV Journalist who now only sells gastric bands and talks about slimming. Same with Natalie, used to be an actress now is known more for weightloss and her up and down private life!! When did Natalie actually ACT in anything??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it odd that these celebs who shift a lot of weight end up only being able to talk about slimming, gastric bands etc. Their careers seem to disappear! Look at Fern, we see article after article about her slimming, her weightloss, her gastric band etc. Same with the TV Journalist who now only sells gastric bands and talks about slimming. Same with Natalie, used to be an actress now is known more for weightloss and her up and down private life!! When did Natalie actually ACT in anything??

Isn't the weight loss/gain/loss all an act really?
    But no, couldn't tell you the last thing she acted in.

You're right about Fern Britton too. Her successful news reading and presenter days seem long behind her now