Options

Emmerdale: Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    Danny has done many shirtless photo shoots. Even a nearly naked one. Plus used to post quite a few shirtless photo's on twitter.

I doubt he'd do anything like it now though as he hasn't the body he used to have, something he's actually said in interviews.

He has filled out a bit more, but there's nothing wrong with his body. I guess he's somewhat self conscious about it since he's on the telly.
  • Options
    ClareStylesClareStyles Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny has done many shirtless photo shoots. Even a nearly naked one. Plus used to post quite a few shirtless photo's on twitter.

I doubt he'd do anything like it now though as he hasn't the body he used to have, something he's actually said in interviews.

For some reason this makes me smile :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously - he is in a group practice, and just like politics, your real enemies are the people who are your own colleagues. He really wouldn't have a leg to stand on if he was found out - "unprofessional conduct" in more than one instance would result in ex-Dr. Bailey

As it should. David was elated when he told him he was cancer free only to devastate him later that he got it wrong for starters.
  • Options
    Andy_MarloweAndy_Marlowe Posts: 3,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am sure he is still attractive, but I could never understand why straight actors (and DM is far from alone in this) did those cheesecake photos for gay magazines. Or come to that for womens magazines. I saw an especially unpleasant one which featured James Sutton (33) and Ross Adams (the terrible "Scott" from Hollyoaks) not long ago, oiled up like basted poultry. JS is straight and RA is just so........unattractive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure he is still attractive, but I could never understand why straight actors (and DM is far from alone in this) did those cheesecake photos for gay magazines. Or come to that for womens magazines. I saw an especially unpleasant one which featured James Sutton (33) and Ross Adams (the terrible "Scott" from Hollyoaks) not long ago, oiled up like basted poultry. JS is straight and RA is just so........unattractive.

You lost me.... cheesecake photo's??? :confused: or is that referring to the well oiled look as well??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You lost me.... cheesecake photo's??? :confused: or is that referring to the well oiled look as well??

Sorry cheesecake is the sort of semi-nude (male or female) characters who are pictured pouting and looking alluring in magazines and papers.

The recent James Sutton/Ross Adams one looks grotesque because JS looks very uncomfortable for example, and if you are straight, I really think it is pointless to try to pretend you are something you are not. I just wonder who encourages them to do it? - their agents or their programme chiefs. I'm just interested because I am sure it would not have happened 20 years ago.
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This weeks episodes haven't been very good im loathe to suggest it's because our boys weren't around to drag the quality up because I know some lurkers would just call me a biased shipper. In actuality it's complete truth, they have carried the show loads this past year during weaker stories and episodes.
  • Options
    Nico_DNico_D Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nico_D wrote: »
    For those interested

Robert is on 82.50%

Andy is on 17.50%

Poor chrissie, no wonder she is so bitter it seems she has had quite the downgrade

Andy is now starting to claw back a bit
    Andy 22.22%
    Robert 77.78%
  • Options
    Mumto3Mumto3 Posts: 7,527
    Forum Member
    Nico_D wrote: »
    The actress is a pretty girl but she still looks like a kid,

This is true. And it doesn't help that we have seen her grow up on the show so probably still see her as a little girl lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry cheesecake is the sort of semi-nude (male or female) characters who are pictured pouting and looking alluring in magazines and papers.

The recent James Sutton/Ross Adams one looks grotesque because JS looks very uncomfortable for example, and if you are straight, I really think it is pointless to try to pretend you are something you are not. I just wonder who encourages them to do it? - their agents or their programme chiefs. I'm just interested because I am sure it would not have happened 20 years ago.

Thanks for explaining, not heard that term before!!

Seems to me all young Gay soap character's tend to end up 'well oiled' in a Gay mag. I've always thought it's a PR thing for the soap wanting to show they're representing the Gay community with that particular Gay character/s. Wouldn't want to see the JS/RA photo's. I'll take your word on it being grotesque. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hahahaha :D:D Andy you have really made me laugh out loud:D "BASTED POULTRY"
  • Options
    Alanna_HousdenAlanna_Housden Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This weeks episodes haven't been very good im loathe to suggest it's because our boys weren't around to drag the quality up because I know some lurkers would just call me a biased shipper. In actuality it's complete truth, they have carried the show loads this past year during weaker stories and episodes.

I agree. I don't even know how many years I've been watching ED (it was before Aaron came out anyway) so I don't just watch it because of Robert and/or Aaron (like Robron haters might think). In the past there's been many eps without Robron that have been very good and enjoyable but I haven't really enjoyed much about this week.

I'm looking forward to having Robert and Aaron back next week, it'll definitely be better when they return :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is true because they are both complex enigmatic characters. I haven't seen all of this weeks episodes. At lunchtime I saw part of last nights second episode which had a tasteless scene (perhaps meant to be "funny" or trying to get Freud's castration complex theory over), with a stark naked David, but again, it was risible, like an outtake from Carry On Doctor
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with that.

I thought today's scenes between David and Eric were probably the best of the week. I think I am with you I prefer the more serious tone for a serious storyline. I actually laughed out loud when Belle and Dr. Bailey kissed. It looks ridiculous; they have no chemistry. Are we supposed to think that is a serious storyline?
  • Options
    scotsgal21scotsgal21 Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Can't believe we only have a few days until the boys are back on screen!

I've not watched much this week, purely because of working late most of the week.. So doing a catch up tomorrow, although from what I've read, I've not missed much!

Really looking forward to seeing Robert in a suit and just seeing Aaron in general. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the BSA nominations next week, hopefully ED will have a few, and obviously Danny up for Best Actor. Really hope he wins.

It's the OUAS grand ball next week.. Anyone know if we will get any pictures from the evening?

PS... MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY!! Haha
  • Options
    ClareStylesClareStyles Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotsgal21 wrote: »
    Can't believe we only have a few days until the boys are back on screen!

I've not watched much this week, purely because of working late most of the week.. So doing a catch up tomorrow, although from what I've read, I've not missed much!

Really looking forward to seeing Robert in a suit and just seeing Aaron in general. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the BSA nominations next week, hopefully ED will have a few, and obviously Danny up for Best Actor. Really hope he wins.

It's the OUAS grand ball next week.. Anyone know if we will get any pictures from the evening?

Is anyone going?
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,607
    Forum Member
    Next week's video spoilers are up on the main ITV Emmerdale site.

Look here. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree. I don't even know how many years I've been watching ED (it was before Aaron came out anyway) so I don't just watch it because of Robert and/or Aaron (like Robron haters might think). In the past there's been many eps without Robron that have been very good and enjoyable but I haven't really enjoyed much about this week.

I'm looking forward to having Robert and Aaron back next week, it'll definitely be better when they return :blush:

I agree, i love Emmerdale and have for years and they have had some really good storylines. I particularly loved the Woolpack Seige and all the intertwined storylines that went with it and lead up to it. Cameron was a good villain and kept me gripped. Even ED's smaller s/ls have been great, like you say, even without Robron but the whole Belle/Dr and Joanie/Zak s/ls have not kept me hooked. I also miss Val. Even if you only got a quick scene it realy lifted it.
    It will definitely be better next week and it cant come soon enough:) it feels longer than its been lol!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Just picked up on this bit:D whoopwhoopwhoop *cartwheels*:D Cant wait! Hahaha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mumto3 wrote: »
    Just picked up on this bit:D whoopwhoopwhoop *cartwheels*:D Cant wait! Hahaha

Couldn't resist! Can't wait!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Couldn't resist! Can't wait!!

Iv been stuffing my brain with videos, gifs and fanfics to get me through lol:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mumto3 wrote: »
    Iv been stuffing my brain with videos, gifs and fanfics to get me through lol:D

Me too! Not long now
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When do we see Robron again? :)
  • Options
    AmyEWrightAmyEWright Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree this weeks episodes have been dire. I started watching ED for Aaron but I still watched and enjoyed after he left so it's really not a Robron bias. I think even when the writing is off with Robron it's just something that Danny and Ryan have that is captivating. Probably the characters used this week have mainly been characters that aren't likeable regardless of writing. I can't wait until Monday! :)
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    When do we see Robron again? :)

Monday.
    AmyEWright wrote: »
    I agree this weeks episodes have been dire. I started watching ED for Aaron but I still watched and enjoyed after he left so it's really not a Robron bias. I think even when the writing is off with Robron it's just something that Danny and Ryan have that is captivating. Probably the characters used this week have mainly been characters that aren't likeable regardless of writing. I can't wait until Monday! :)

I don't think it's a likability thing as such. A character can be unlikable or do things we don't like but still it can make great viewing. Cain, Ross, Charity fit this mould for example.

Alternatively a character can be likable but so uninteresting any story doesn't work with them because of it. James Barton is an example of this.
This discussion has been closed.