What would you do if someone hurt your pet?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
Forum Member
✭✭
To the pet owners on DS.

After reading this thread on the little bitch who kicked a disabled womans dog over and over it got me thinking. If you found out someone had been kicking/slapping/hurting your pet in anyway and you could get hold of them what would you do? If anyone harmed my cats and I got hold of them they'd be met with a baseball bat around the head.

I don't care for all the bleeding hearts on DS who will whine on about how its wrong to do that etc. You hurt my pets then you will get hurt back

Simple.

Comments

• GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care for all the bleeding hearts on DS who will whine on about how its wrong to do that etc.
    What about all the bleeding hearts who get overly emotional whenever an 'animal gets hurt' thread comes up?
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd report the person and keep on complaining and making a nuisance of myself until something was done. If I go down the route of hitting out I'm no better than the person that hurt my animal.
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what I'd do. I'd like to think I wouldn't resort to violence but take the legal route instead but saying that I don't know if I could stop myself. I have 2 cats and when I see animal cruelty in the papers or wherever else it upsets me but also makes me very angry. The thought of someone hurting my cats is more than I can bear. I think I'd have trouble stopping myself from breaking their face.
    If someone doesn't like animals, fine, but if you are able to physically hurt them for no reason then there is something seriously wrong with you and you don't deserve compassion. Legal punishments in this country are not strict enough so I'm afraid I probably would take matters into my own hands.
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, I am normally a bleeding heart liberal, but cruelty to animals or small children is the one thing guaranteed to make me see red...I once poked a six foot muscle bound man repeatedly in the chest when I caught him beating his dogs..I'm 4ft 10...whilst telling him I was reporting him to the RSPCA. He was so shocked he just kept apologising and promising he wouldn't do it again. Looking back I was lucky he didn't hit me with the stick he was holding, but I acted without thinking. ( I did call the RSPCA and he didn't do it again, at least not within my earshot)

I can't imagine how I would react if somebody hurt my dog or cat :o
  • NathalieRNathalieR Posts: 16,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When my cat got knocked over and killed (we believe speeding but we can't prove that) and just left in the busy high street for several days I did feel very murderous at the time but that was probably because I had no one to vent my anger at, the unknown almost. But if I had met the person who had done this I doubt I would have done anything.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone intentionaly hurt one of my cats, I'm afraid I would seriously harm them.
    No one has the right to intentionally hurt another creature. It's just sick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You gut reactions would be too hit them. I would if anybody hurt any of my animals. We also lost a cat through a RTA. The man stopped knocked on our door and looked for her. He was in tears and still cant look me in the face. My daughters still calll him the cat killer. I can forgive but not forget.
  • xdowxdow Posts: 2,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NathalieR wrote: »
    When my cat got knocked over and killed (we believe speeding but we can't prove that) and just left in the busy high street for several days I did feel very murderous at the time but that was probably because I had no one to vent my anger at, the unknown almost. But if I had met the person who had done this I doubt I would have done anything.

the problem with this one is the general public's view.
    i was riding back from college one day on my bike, saw a knocked down cat at the side of the road and stopped to check it over for a collar, no collar so i knocked on a door to ask for a bag (so i could get it out of the road and to take it to the vets to be scanned)

the woman i got the bag from had seen the cat before, it regularly visited her garden with another, i asked her if she knew whos they were but she didn't know.

i said i was just going to move it out of the road, she told me "well, not many people bother with cats do they, i'd put it in the bin down the road"

after that she gave me a clear carrier bag, so i had to ride 2 miles through a village with a dead cat in a bag on view to the world :rolleyes:

but yeah... unfortunately, unless it's a dog, not many people bother to report knocked down animals

this isn't the first time i've had to deal with a cat being knocked down either :(

as for hurting my animals, i'd basically do whatever they did to my animal, to them. or more likely, absolutely nothing but get very very angry.

one of the only things stopping me moving to greece is the attitude towards animals
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with OP, anyone hurts my pets I'd hurt them.

Not sure how much damage I'd cause at 5"2 but I'd give it a go!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd hurt them. And if it was a child who'd done it, I'd scream at them and go on a rampage to the child's parents...probably dragging the kid kicking and screaming. I have a bad temper when it comes to protecting my family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    One of my kitties - a long time ago, went out on his usual daily ramblings and came back with all the whiskers on one side of his face cut off, properly cut straight across with about 1cm to spare :cry: We suspected who was behind it but had no proof, luckily his whiskers grew back but I was appalled that anyone would find that amusing. I know he wasn't fatally wounded or anything but whiskers for kitties are very important and he must have felt it :sad:
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my brother in laws kicked one of my late dogs years ago we haven't spoken to him since. Cannot be bothered to waste breath on him tbh.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on what someone did - but I am fiercly protective of my little Amber so woe betide anyone that ever purposely did her any harm!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fortunately I have a 45Kg Alsation so anyone foolish enough to kick him would face his punishment.

I watched the original video and the article gave a far more cruel version than the video.

I don't believe in cruelty to any animals. In this country we are generally kind to animals, apart from isolated incidents, not so in some countries abroad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    A few years ago I caught one of the local kids chucking stones at one of my cats. This particular family of kids are a rowdy ill-behaved rabble at the best of times. Murphy the cat was far too speedy to get caught but did gallop away in fright.
    I jumped out of my car, yelled at the kid then marched him back to his parents house where I told them clearly that if I ever saw something like that again i would call the RSPCA and that any injuries to one of my cats would lead to a large vet bill on their doorstep. The little brat tried lying to his parents in front of me and I think that alone earned him a good slap around the ears. Hee Hee
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Be very upset and very angry. Probably seek revenge. Double platinum style.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I'd go mental, frankly.
  • marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would go mental at them. Probably kick the crap out of them. I once saw a boy throw a stone at my cat. I was parked in the car outside my house and it was late. He was walking up the road and saw our cat sitting in the garden and picked up a big stone and threw it at him.

I got out that car and chased after that little sod.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid i would have to do time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    Bide my time then firebomb their house with them inside at 3am in the morning so that nobody sees me.

NOBODY hurts my pets and gets away with it.

Retribution would not necessarily be swift but it sure would be damning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone hurt my Jack Russell Scruffy, even my own family, i'd do exactly the same thing back to them. I wouldn't care if the police got involved. Neither would I let Scruffy off either though if he decided to bite for no reason. A trip to the vet's would be called for.
  • Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hurt them. Badly.
  • wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once saw a neighbour go to kick my cat.....the cat was just sitting in my front garden, so I raced out and yelled at him and said that if I ever saw him do that again, he'd never be able to father kids, and he knew I meant it!!!:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I am VERY protective of my cat. I lost two a couple of years ago (through illness, not violence) and the thought of losing this one fills me with upset and devastation. I'm not a violent person, but if ANYBODY deliberately hurt my Pickles I would say right now that I would inflict pain on them. I see stories about scum hurting animals in the papers and I feel like walloping them, so lord knows what I would do to someone who injured my cat.

Obviously if it were a child I wouldn't go and beat them up but their parents would know about it! Luckily our cat doesn't go out at all but there is always the chance he could escape through an open door etc.
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Julie68 wrote: »
    If anyone intentionaly hurt one of my cats, I'm afraid I would seriously harm them.
    No one has the right to intentionally hurt another creature.

neither do you have that right