EE: Confirmation Jonny Labey is leaving?

Comments

• vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    It is stupid. One gay couple and one lesbian couple at any one time. That's it, no more, no less. Who thinks this up?! As much as I dislike HO at the moment, at least they've never been scared to have a range of gay characters (or at least characters that will swing either way depending on whether the storyline calls for it. :D)

I agree - tthis quota thing is rubbish.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    >:(>:(>:(

Don't you give me the >:( face. I know Ben's your boo, but if he starts sniffing round cute little Johnny before he's sought out some anger management therapy, there will be hell to pay, you hear?
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HE'S away
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't miss Paul . I do like Pam and Les though
  • Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theo Rose wrote: »
    Sean's first axing then... it has begun.

No Its Dominic it stated that it was a while in the works and as far as I am aware DTC is still in charge
  • Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Don't you give me the >:( face. I know Ben's your boo, but if he starts sniffing round cute little Johnny before he's sought out some anger management therapy, there will be hell to pay, you hear?

>:(>:(>:(
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so annoyed. The Johnny replacement has been replaced, it's so unimaginative.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy and Tom would be great as a couple - there is only speculation that Andy is gay but from the spoilers Tom is- a nurse and a builder living together as a couple on the Square would be great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised Jonny has gone, DTC has once again wasted an actor well capable of much more than he was ever given, another Charlie Cotton as far as I'm concerned an absolute waste. I'm sure Jonny will be the utmost professional and wax lyrical about how wonderful everybody and everything at EE was but the fact is the actor was never used well at all and that is in the most TPTB's utter obsession with the Mitchells and the little bald God who must be bowed to in all circumstances.

>:(:(:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so annoyed. The Johnny replacement has been replaced, it's so unimaginative.

Agreed.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised Jonny has gone, DTC has once again wasted an actor well capable of much more than he was ever given, another Charlie Cotton as far as I'm concerned an absolute waste. I'm sure Jonny will be the utmost professional and wax lyrical about how wonderful everybody and everything at EE was but the fact is the actor was never used well at all and that is in the most TPTB's utter obsession with the Mitchells and the little bald God who must be bowed to in all circumstances.

>:(:(:(

He even set up stories for the Cokers with Pam involved in killing her son / Paul dad. You had the Christine stuff dragged out for months ended up as a few shows story. Les was involved in false burial of Nick Cotton. Was it ever explained why he was prepared to be involved? They are easy to get rid of as they haven't been developed.

Phil needs a break from show to allow others to develop. He even stunts those around him. Jay has been used as an extra to fill up the Mitchell house to make it look like a Familee. ..... You've had Billy played by a decent actor kept as a loser so he can be roped in by Phil when he needs a lackey. He has to be there for the Mitchell lunches as well!
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sean's first axing then... it has begun.

Sean hasn't started on EE yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sean hasn't started on EE yet.

Is this DTC Final axing?
  • Maria95Maria95 Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What if by explosive they mean he'll get cheated on by Ben and Johnny and that'll blow up and not dying though I hope it is him dying because it'll be more interesting.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maria95 wrote: »
    What if by explosive they mean he'll get cheated on by Ben and Johnny and that'll blow up and not dying though I hope it is him dying because it'll be more interesting.

I know what you mean
    The word explosive is often thrown around so much when it is used to describe a storyline or a character exit and about 75 per cent of the time, it is never explosive.

I swear Lola's exit was teased as explosive.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Is this DTC Final axing?

I suspect so as he wanted Ben and Jonny together. Lets hope new Producer has other ideas.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He literally did nothing for almost a year except being Ben's bit on the side. Not surprised one bit to be honest. Paul sort of reminds me of Preeti Choraria from 2006/2007. She had virtually no direction and was basically a sidekick to Chelsea.

Won't miss him, but shoddy writing has a lot to blame for it. The writing is on the wall for Ben and Johnny now, although SOC may go in another direction altogether.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben's next chapter will be very interesting now. I really do think Paul will be killed and Ben will go back to being bad and unhappy again. He will either hook up with Johnny, or an established character not previously known to be bi or gay or they bring in someone else for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    He even set up stories for the Cokers with Pam involved in killing her son / Paul dad. You had the Christine stuff dragged out for months ended up as a few shows story. Les was involved in false burial of Nick Cotton. Was it ever explained why he was prepared to be involved? They are easy to get rid of as they haven't been developed.

Phil needs a break from show to allow others to develop. He even stunts those around him. Jay has been used as an extra to fill up the Mitchell house to make it look like a Familee. ..... You've had Billy played by a decent actor kept as a loser so he can be roped in by Phil when he needs a lackey. He has to be there for the Mitchell lunches as well!

Once again DTC building up the rhetoric about his own creations but failing to deliver anything for the actors, a shame really :(
  • Theo RoseTheo Rose Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DTC leaves EE in less than four weeks. Unless Johnny films his last scenes within this time frame his exit will be overseen by the new EP.

Therefore its the new EP who made this choice. Sean and Dominic will have been having meetings about the handover for a long time now, but don't let this get in the way of another DS anti Carter.DTC rant..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DTC leaves EE in less than four weeks. Unless Johnny films his last scenes within this time frame his exit will be overseen by the new EP.

Therefore its the new EP who made this choice.

No DTC made the decision as this is the reason Jonny already has other projects lined up, so he's known for a while and DTC definitely made the decision as he is still in charge
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair play for Jonny Labey having his next job lined up already.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maria95 wrote: »

I really won't be happy if they turn Johnny into Ben's new bit on the side. The Johnny we've been presented really isn't the type to cheat with someone.

However it could just be that Ben develops feelings for Johnny, gets jealous of his new love interest (Tom the paramedic), and Paul works it out and angrily leaves Walford, maybe doing something to get revenge on Ben before he goes.
  • Theo RoseTheo Rose Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No DTC made the decision as this is the reason Jonny already has other projects lined up, so he's known for a while and DTC definitely made the decision as he is still in charge

In 2000 when John Yorke axed the entire Dimarco family, Matthew Robinson was still producer for another 4 months. You don't understand how TV handovers work. All of you are on an anti DTC, Anti Carter rant as usual. There isn't even any evidence DTC wants Johnny and Ben together. Where has he ever stated anything like that? please provide proof.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sir Aaron Silver isn't anti DTC or anti carter. Far from it.