The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Features will help. As long as she puts out lots of good singles and performs well frequently (notice the gap between PT and Domino, and Written in the stars and Till i'm gone) she'll be ok. Radio is the crucial bit, she can easily get on TV.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Features will help. As long as she puts out lots of good singles and performs well frequently (notice the gap between PT and Domino, and Written in the stars and Till i'm gone) she'll be ok. Radio is the crucial bit, she can easily get on TV.

Hmmm....we can hope....I just hope who ever can make it happen is listening to US!! :D
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Exciting....what sort of position do you think she'll get...?

I reckon she'll enter at 36
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon she'll enter at 36

Anywhere in the top 40 with no promo is brilliant imo...:)
    Forum Member
    Anywhere in the top 40 with no promo is brilliant imo...:)

Her music should sell without promo too,

remember, bad boys entered the top 40's in many countries before promotions

she shouldn't rely to much on promo, but the fact that it charts, while it flops in the rest of Europe (for now at least) is amazing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her music should sell without promo too,

remember, bad boys entered the top 40's in many countries before promotions

she shouldn't rely to much on promo, but the fact that it charts, while it flops in the rest of Europe (for now at least) is amazing

If she started getting moderate hits on the US Hot 100 I reckon she could easily hit the top 20 in Europe with minimal promo...
    Forum Member
    If she started getting moderate hits on the US Hot 100 I reckon she could easily hit the top 20 in Europe with minimal promo...

I hope she does the promo tour real soon, it'll be too late for Elephant, i'm rooting for Let It Go
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's too late. It didn't enter the top 100 of most countries and it hasn't been on radio. There are many millions who don't know who she is.
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    I don't think it's too late. It didn't enter the top 100 of most countries and it hasn't been on radio. There are many millions who don't know who she is.

I forgot to add i was talking about Holland

The charta work by stupid rules here

If it flops, there's no way it can enter again, unless it's at #30 or higher which means radio will have to support it heavily + it needs sales close to top 10 for 2 weeks straight

I don't see that happening here tbh
  • universetippinguniversetipping Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing about the "haters" is that Alexandra has a lot of fans too (or at least people who buy her music).

They just don't spend their day on Twitter writing :

I LOVE ALEXANDRA BURKE

She does get a disproportionate level of hate but she is a confident, beautiful, successful, talented, black woman.

Haters gon' hate .. as they say. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^ Yes but you don't even see the odd comment praising Alex....it's just all really horrible hate like 'RIP Alexandra Burke' or I wish that [insert profanity here x3] Alex Burke was dead'...so horrible...I would be seriously depressed reading that...

Most other artists have at the worst a few comments from fans etc...Alex gets none of that which is really sad because it makes the haters think that everyone else hates her too...

I'm desperate for her to crack the US so she can generate a more positive presence on the internet because she is probably one of the most hated UK celebrities of modern times...#sigh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I dunno why she gets so much hate it's bizarre. Maybe she should tone it down abit?

I just think ppl want her to be confident in her talent it's weird...

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance and Alex for me doesn't cross that line. The UK way of thinking is self depreciating, what's wrong with believing ur the shit?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shayeeee wrote: »
    I dunno why she gets so much hate it's bizarre. Maybe she should tone it down abit?

I just think ppl want her to be confident in her talent it's weird...

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance and Alex for me doesn't cross that line. The UK way of thinking is self depreciating, what's wrong with believing ur the shit?

I do think Alex does need to be a little bit more demure....On Celeb Juice she did seem a bit more sure of her self than usual (not that it was a bad thing) but for the sake of her image she should revert back to the more reserved personality she had during the start of the Overcome era...

I don't know why, but the UK really hates strong females, that's why Kelly got called the worst judge even though she was the best, and now Jessie J is starting to show her confidence the public are starting to turn on her too...
    Forum Member
    The thing about the "haters" is that Alexandra has a lot of fans too (or at least people who buy her music).

They just don't spend their day on Twitter writing :

I LOVE ALEXANDRA BURKE

She does get a disproportionate level of hate but she is a confident, beautiful, successful, talented, black woman.

Haters gon' hate .. as they say. ;)

This is true. We do actually spend the money rather than just being on twitter writing random things. In response to Shayeee and Zack, I think Alex is fine. She was all embarrassed because of Jermaine and as we know, hates to lie so it pressures her. It's kinda funny to see lol...she really CANNOT lie :D:p When you're on top of your game, people can't come for what you do so they try and get you yourself. IMO her happiness keeps her sane. And she shouldn't have to change for anyone. All she needs is to be big in Europe and get the US promo started and then haters will lose power. They can only hate and win because she's still local. If she wasn't i.e Gaga, they have no power. The worse your situation is, the easier it is to get haters. She is the shit so she can be a badass....Adele who? ;) *no shade*
    Forum Member
    If people say she's arrogant they should look at Mr Bieber recently. Now THAT (what he said to Reggie and how he acted) was arrogance. Compare the XF stint to that. Nowhere near arrogance. People in a land when confidence is seen as Rebecca and Adele being quiet and slightly shy whilst performing well (as examples) can't take a personality/performer like Alex. She does her job. People think you have to be a drone or dead personality wise to be confident. You saw what happened to Misha B. She was the X factor and was torn down about it. It is ridiculous. It's not the performer, it's the public.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the US is a far bigger deal than Europe tbh...if she succeeds in the US she'll get huge press coverage worldwide, but a few hits in Europe will not really improve her profile all that much imo. I think she should really forget a European promo tour and focus on the US. She needs to get serious with this now.
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Screw the haters, I like to think my flirting with her cancels all of that out. Even if I do swing the other way haha :p She probably never sees it mind so who knows if it works haha :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra is only 836 followers away from 500k....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    Screw the haters, I like to think my flirting with her cancels all of that out. Even if I do swing the other way haha :p She probably never sees it mind so who knows if it works haha :D

I agree....she's not Perfect....but at the end of the day, who is? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It REALLY looks like she's had plastic surgery in this photo...her face looks so different...
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree....she's not Perfect....but at the end of the day, who is? ;)

haha good one :p I understand if people find her overbearing, but that's no need for some reactions. I think she just unfortunately got the 'its cool to hate her, so we dont really know why we do' bandwagon. And I'm not being funny, but that whole OK.com thing was around WAY before alex said it, we used to say it years ago (by adding.com to the end of things - I was young, thats why it happened often ha), so I'm not sure why she got hate for that either.

Meh who cares, not everyone's going to like you, at least she has her fans though - that's all that matters :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Her instagram pics from her show in Leeds are slaying me, she looks beautiful
    Forum Member
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    haha good one :p I understand if people find her overbearing, but that's no need for some reactions. I think she just unfortunately got the 'its cool to hate her, so we dont really know why we do' bandwagon. And I'm not being funny, but that whole OK.com thing was around WAY before alex said it, we used to say it years ago (by adding.com to the end of things - I was young, thats why it happened often ha), so I'm not sure why she got hate for that either.

Meh who cares, not everyone's going to like you, at least she has her fans though - that's all that matters :)

*round of applause for someone talking sense* :D
    Forum Member
    The single cover is out. http://itunes.apple.com/gb/preorder/let-it-go-remixes-ep/id518386141?affId=1277383 Buzzjack are freaking out over it, but she looks fierce. Also Her makeup is different than normal, it's much brighter (is it blusher? :o) and so she looks different, also a camera flash makes a difference.
This discussion has been closed.