Options

Christmas Fights & Family- was there a fight at your house?

2»

Comments

• Options
    vintage_girlvintage_girl Posts: 3,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClientFan wrote: »
    A mother of twin chavs I used to have some dealings with had to call the Police by 11am on one Christmas past, as they'd already got pissed up on lager and had started smashing the house up when one of them totted up that she'd spent more on bling for his brother than on him.

that should'be funny but it is :D
  • Options
    A CillayA Cillay Posts: 8,215
    Forum Member
    Yes- we played the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire DVD game and it descended into out and out chaos.
  • Options
    ClientFanClientFan Posts: 3,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that should'be funny but it is :D

If you'd known them you wouldn't have had any qualms about laughing, otherwise you'd despair! This wasn't by any means atypical behaviour, and they weren't the sort to make any concessions to 'normal family functioning' just because of a little thing like it being the season of peace on earth and goodwill to all men. Life was never dull whilst we were involved with X and Y, and each new phonecall from Mrs Z about their latest exploits was always a revelation.
  • Options
    rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    Bookends wrote: »
    Fair enough, no? ;)

Incidentally... on boxing day? How appropriate!

she needed putting in her place imo
  • Options
    rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    A Cillay wrote: »
    Yes- we played the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire DVD game and it descended into out and out chaos.

did you post on that thread on facebook? sorry i just thought i recognised your name.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A family further up the road had a huge row that spilled into the street & went on for ages. We can barely see their house from ours, but it was that loud that people were hanging out of their windows or standing outside their front doors having a good look. From what I gathered from a variety of sources, it all started because one son was supposed to pick up their nan & bring her over, but he forgot or couldn't be bothered because he'd spent the night at his girlfriend's & it was a long way back, so his other brother got called up to do it. This brother & the nan don't get along, so they had a good hour in the car with him in silence & her criticising everything he did & said, plus taking apart his wife from head to toe about what she was wearing, the amount of make-up she had on etc.

By the time they got to the mum's house, the brother who'd had to give the lift was seething, especially as the brother who should have done it had helped himself to some of the food & drink instead of waiting for everyone to arrive, & had also parked in the space he wanted to use to wheel nan in. He wouldn't move the car, older brother threatened to move it for him, & it went downhill from there. Food plus some beer bottles got thrown, & I bet a lot of words were said that won't easily be taken back. It was better than Corrie. :D
  • Options
    eunicelouise658eunicelouise658 Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting a nightmare this year due to some very difficult family dynamics but we had a lovely relaxed day. My one daughter was at her in-laws which meant all the others got on well. I had made myself ill worrying about a dreadful argument and was relieved there was no trouble.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    she needed putting in her place imo

She obviously thought the same about you... and it sounds like she might have got in the last punch. :D
  • Options
    MonkeyBumMonkeyBum Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was the cause of it :o It was possibly the stupidest argument ever. Me and my sisters had decided to watch Harry Potter, so we sat down to watch it, then I went to the kitchen to help get the food, and both my sisters came in saying they now wanted to watch Shark Tale. I got really annoyed and had a go at them, my dad ended up switching off the TV, which got me even more annoyed, lunch was eaten in silence.

I then spent 3 hours up in my room, till my sisters came in begging me to come back downstairs :o. I don't even know what came over me, I'm not normally that childish!!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ended up shouting/screaming..... they expect me to fix everything - get the dvd player working, put all their numbers on their phones because they can't use technology... and in the end it was quite simple with the DVD player, it was plugged into the sky box instead of the back of the TV so of course it would not work! I calmed down after 15 mins though and it was fine then. :D
  • Options
    daniel hallidaydaniel halliday Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THX-1139 wrote: »
    Our lad told us he was moving with his wife to South Wales for six months and then it all just sort of kicked off. :D

alright pam or is it mick,:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We were fine - I had an argument with my brother two days before Christmas but all went well. :)
  • Options
    DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was extremely calm but i nearly ruined when i caught my brother in law smoking pot in my bathroom and i was about to kick him out and give him a slap for being disrespectful but it can wait till the new year, no need to ruin Christmas day.
  • Options
    B3atenB3aten Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had Christmas together and popped over to see relatives yesterday for a few hours. Nothing to report :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DotNetWill wrote: »
    It was extremely calm but i nearly ruined when i caught my brother in law smoking pot in my bathroom and i was about to kick him out and give him a slap for being disrespectful but it can wait till the new year, no need to ruin Christmas day.
    Why do people do that sort of thing in someone else's home without checking first whether they'll object? Can they really not manage without it for the few hours they'll be out of their own home? :(