Rylan is actually very good as a presenter

Comments

• TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    You don't get it do you?

X Factor and other TV reality shows are a short cut to fame without actually having achieved anything or worked for it.

"Envy" - get real. And I don't have a problem per se with taking opportunities - I am more concerned with those that offer such opportunities whether they be Daybreak producers trying to get publicity for a programme dying on it's arse or X Factor producers using the public as fall guys to make their millions.

I stand for talent, hard work and endeavour. What I loathe is fame for fame's sake.

Yes I do get it. A TV talent show has launched many a career - and many people diversify as they grow. Look at people who start out in stage schools? They work their way along trying this, trying that...some fall by the wayside etc and have the same opportunity to enter X-Factor etc if they want. No-one is stopping them. Rylan took up his allotted space and he's running with all the opportunities that are opening up for him. I'm happy for him.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Olly dropped out we might see Rylan presenting Xtra factor:D
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    If Olly dropped out we might see Rylan presenting Xtra factor:D

Yeah he'd be so brill in that and gets along very well with Caroline.
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisybelle wrote: »
    No idea I have not watched anything he is on since he left, i read in the paper that he was supposed to make a guest appearance in Towie but 3 people threatened to quit if they let him on the show, no idea if that was true or not, not overly interested either to be honest. If he goes on to make successful music i will say good job. X factor is not about making tv presenters

It honestly made me laugh that someone would threaten to quit just because another talent free zone was going to join the show - who do they think they are?

I agree with your last sentence 100%
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    You don't get it do you?

X Factor and other TV reality shows are a short cut to fame without actually having achieved anything or worked for it.

"Envy" - get real. And I don't have a problem per se with taking opportunities - I am more concerned with those that offer such opportunities whether they be Daybreak producers trying to get publicity for a programme dying on it's arse or X Factor producers using the public as fall guys to make their millions.

I stand for talent, hard work and endeavour. What I loathe is fame for fame's sake.

I'm with you kitten and he sticks out a mile as being a fame ****. Talent and Rylan should not be used in the same sentence.
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't think of any other contestant with personality — Lucy Spraggan, maybe — this year whom broadcasters would have a further interest in employing outside of the X Factor. Channel 4 will be using Rylan too! See him on Gordon Ramsay’s Christmas Cook Along going out live on Christmas day. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    I was very impressed, he is a natural in front of the camera and is very articulate. I hope he gets mote presenting work. I like watching on TV
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    I can't think of any other contestant with personality — Lucy Spraggan, maybe — this year whom broadcasters would have a further interest in employing outside of the X Factor. Channel 4 will be using Rylan too! See him on Gordon Ramsay’s Christmas Cook Along going out live on Christmas day. :)

Thanks for the tip. Worth avoiding for two reasons, the insufferable Ramsay and Rylan. Double whammy of irritation
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tip. Worth avoiding for two reasons, the insufferable Ramsay and Rylan. Double whammy of irritation

Thrilled I could help! :cool:

Sadly, I won't be able to watch — but hope it gets uploaded to youtube. :)
  • Skip65Skip65 Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha, some people and their continued application of the term, fame ****, is so overused for many and Rylan in particular. The poor man is trying to earn a living and appears to be suited to presenting. Is every fecking person who presents on television a fame ****, or, today, does it only apply to Rylan Clark? :rolleyes:

I've heard nothing but good about his skills. I only wish someone had recorded his presenting work this week and uploaded to youtube as I'm unable to watch. Hope he's paid well and it leads to much more for him! :)

I totally agree . The guy is only trying to make a living. As is Christopher and anyone else who is prepared to work there backsides of . I agree rylan does come across very well. I admit I wasn't to fussed on him at first . I did the mistake that so many do and tried to judge the book by its cover. But as time rolled on I think he is a very nice guy. He took defeat very graciously , and presents himself very well. He just needs to put that bit more sparkle and energy in the morning for me. He looks like he is walking on egg shells as he is doing is presenting. That's more than likely down to itv with it being a morning show telling him to pull it in a bit. He has definitely established a career for himself and good on him. He has took his opportunity and grasp it with both hands.
  • Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sealeg wrote: »
    Actually I was thinking the same, I don't watch Daybreak but my gf had put it on this morning.

He does seem to come across very well, much more relaxed and quick witted than poor stiff as a board Aled Jones!

I have liked him as well. He's a natural and has a lovely way with people. I think he basically has a good heart and is a good guy and that translates well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet there is a tsunami of TV offers now.
  • ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    You can see why the interest was there. The whole TOWIE thing is enormous at the moment, and TV companies will clamour for a celebrity with a high profile and a sharp image who won't fluff their lines, can read from an autocue, and be cool and composed on live television, and Rylan had at times demonstrated all that on the X Factor. I've only seen a tiny snippet of him presenting on breakfast TV but if he's been as good all week then that will have surely increased the interest level from TV companies.

He'll be the first X Factor contestant this year to make some real money. Other than the X Factor tour the rest will be waiting for music royalties all while Rylan is swanning around in a pink Lexus.
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you can call Rylan "talentless" as I doubt if you put most people in front of a camera they could be quite so natural and articulate. Point a camcorder at me and I'm an awkward, red shadow of my former self. I don't blame the guy for grabbing the opportunity and I'm sure he will do well. Plenty of "stars" have tried to diversify into presenting and chat shows etc with a lot less success.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It honestly made me laugh that someone would threaten to quit just because another talent free zone was going to join the show - who do they think they are?

I agree with your last sentence 100%

This was the article with a few direct quotes, but you never know how true they really are

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/x-factor-reject-rylan-clark-1470197
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rylan was never a serious singer or even performer on the X Factor. Any publicity is good publicity and that is why he was on Daybreak because he decided to do the presenting for the week and gets paid for it. Which is fair enough.
  • Skip65Skip65 Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ribtickle wrote: »
    You can see why the interest was there. The whole TOWIE thing is enormous at the moment, and TV companies will clamour for a celebrity with a high profile and a sharp image who won't fluff their lines, can read from an autocue, and be cool and composed on live television, and Rylan had at times demonstrated all that on the X Factor. I've only seen a tiny snippet of him presenting on breakfast TV but if he's been as good all week then that will have surely increased the interest level from TV companies.

He'll be the first X Factor contestant this year to make some real money. Other than the X Factor tour the rest will be waiting for music royalties all while Rylan is swanning around in a pink Lexus.
    Saying that though. I saw a link from someone's post , that the towie staff were going to walk out if he joined the show. Couldn't stop laughing. They were making out that they were that intelligent and did not want the likes of Rylan on the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very impressed with him all week. I think he'll be popping up on TV more often.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's been fantastic, the highlight of my mornings (and week). He seriously deserves to get a permanent role.
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a natural, and good luck to him.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and the people who trash Rylan wouldn't give their right arm to get the work he will get, he wants to do music but will get other work if he can't get a recording deal, what is wrong with that.

He has more personality and potential than the rest of the contestants put together, good luck to him. The show has become boring since he left.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    Oh and the people who trash Rylan wouldn't give their right arm to get the work he will get, he wants to do music but will get other work if he can't get a recording deal, what is wrong with that.

He has more personality and potential than the rest of the contestants put together, good luck to him. The show has become boring since he left.

There is nothing wrong with that at all. But those that dislike Rylan will always have a problem with whatever he does.

If any of the other contestants did the same as Rylan and took whatever came their way whilst possibly looking for a deal in music, that would be fine I'm sure.

Still, I'm certain on this one, I couldn't see James or Jahmene fairing well presenting, so in effect Rylan is far more diverse than those two could ever be :)

Well done Rylan :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I thought the whole reason he and others, go on X Factor is because (and often in their own words) "this is all I want to do". The same applies to Murs. He accepted the Xtra Factor offer because he was unconvinced his music career would continue. These presenting jobs are just a flag of convenience to continue their public profile and remain on the Z list. After all, working at Asda isn't going to get you invites to film premieres is it?

Rylan may or may not be good at TV presenting, but one gets the distinct feeling, the X Factor was just a ruse to get noticed (I know, deep shock there). Why don't they just re-name it the Fame Factor and have done with it?

But Olly Murs is still successful in his music career - he's at the top of the charts! It's possible to do both, you don't have to stick to one area of the entertainment world.
    radiofan1 wrote: »
    I was very impressed, he is a natural in front of the camera and is very articulate. I hope he gets mote presenting work. I like watching on TV
    I have liked him as well. He's a natural and has a lovely way with people. I think he basically has a good heart and is a good guy and that translates well.

I agree with all three of these posts. Out of all the contestants Rylan stands out as the one who clearly SHOULD be on TV.
    I think that in five years time, he will be the one who we will remember, and the one who is the household name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Get a grip guys he was rubbish and had no chance of winning
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny_Girl wrote: »
    It's the end of his week as a presenter on GMTV and I have been really impressed. Had thought it might be car crash TV but he is a natural and looks like he's been doing it for years. No histrionics and very articulate. Gold star.

Think I mentioned as such on another thread.

He looks very relaxed as a presenter and has a fluid presenting style.