Options

Time Travel is Dangerous

CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
Forum Member
✭✭
So we've seen what happens to two of the earliest Human Time Travellers.

Hila Tacorian gets trapped in a pocket Dimension till the Doctor rescues her while Orson Pink end up on the Last Planet at the End of the Universe (till rescued by the Doctor).

I'm guessing that back when there were lots of Time Lords in the Universe these primitive experiments with Time Travel were never allowed to happen (See The Two Doctors).

IIRC the Doctor could not take Hila back to her own time as it was recorded history that she never made it back. I'm guessing this wasn't the case with Orson as the Doctor was quite happy to return him home.

Also I'm a little surprised the Orange Spacesuit was developed as early as the 22nd Century.

The previous times we have seen it in use have been much further in the future than that.

Comments

• Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you reckon they gave him the Orange suit specifically - i.e. left there to be returned/explained to in a future story if needed?

Thanks for reminding me of Hilla's name, its funny isn't it, in that episode Hilla caused a lot of people to be afraid - they thought she was the baddie. In the end she was just trapped and that episode turned out to be about love.

Time Travel does appear to be dangerous indeed, but at the same time so useful!
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,339
    Forum Member
    of course it is, the danger is all part of the fun of course, for the doctor at least (and us, the viewers)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Massively nerdy moment, but it irked me slightly that the suit had the Sanctuary Base 6 symbol on it which had no relevance; it's also pretty odd since it wasn't on the suit when Matt wore one in Hide. Just being pedantic, but still!
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Do you reckon they gave him the Orange suit specifically - i.e. left there to be returned/explained to in a future story if needed?

Well apparently the suit had a Sanctuary Base 6 (the base from The Impossible Planet) patch on it.

So either it was just Prop reuse (and they couldn't be bothered even disguising it a little bit) or during his trip to the End of the Universe Orson stopped off on Krop Tor for a change of clothes. :D

Of course we did see him in the suit before he launched so we'll probably have to ignore option 2 (Probably).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Well apparently the suit had a Sanctuary Base 6 (the base from The Impossible Planet) patch on it.

So either it was just Prop reuse (and they couldn't be bothered even disguising it a little bit) or during his trip to the End of the Universe Orson stopped off on Krop Tor for a change of clothes. :D

Of course we did see him in the suit before he launched so we'll probably have to ignore option 2 (Probably).

I didn't even spot that!!

Shivers down my spine ......
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,477
    Forum Member
    Is the use of the orange spacesuit really just slipshod production, or is it something that will turn out to be significant, like the Doctor's jacket? :)
  • Options
    mccolloughmccollough Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    The_Judge_ wrote: »

I imagine it was more for our benifit, so we would assume it was the doctor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GDK wrote: »
    Is the use of the orange spacesuit really just slipshod production, or is it something that will turn out to be significant, like the Doctor's jacket? :)

Just a mistake, I think. The jacket thing would have been too blatant a continuity error on part of the actors and the showmakers. This, however, seems like just an oversight.

"You want a spacesuit? Here you go. In the Doctor Who wardrobe under 'S'."

I'm very sure that's how it works. I worked in theatre a few years ago over the summer, on weekends, so I have a pretty sound idea of how telly people work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen the filming pics with Hermione Norris?
    I notice they are SB6 badge less

Probably all coincidence, but just came into my head, and I post a lot when I'm excited by great episodes!