Options

Heather Mills - 'I've already spent my divorce settlement'

LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
Forum Member
In an hour-long TV special she tells psychologist Dr Pamela Connolly – wife of comic Billy – that she gave a large chunk of the cash away. “Most of it’s been given to charity, gone into ethical businesses or paid for a couple of properties for my daughter’s future security,” says Heather, who had six-year-old Beatrice with Macca.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/02/14/heather-mills-reveals-she-s-spent-my-24million-divorce-settlement-in-22-months-115875-22040943/

From what I've read elsewhere, she's splashed out on properties all over the world, including this one which she's selling already for 3.5 million. Wonder if she'll be going cap in hand to Old Beetroot Head for more cash, and just who are these 'charities' she claims to have given it all away to?

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the divorce settlement supposed to be for her child, not all for her to spend like a lottery winner?
  • Options
    FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree!

The woman comes across as a self-obsessed basketcase, I would be worried leaving my daughter in her 'care' :eek:
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If true then she isn't good with money, no wonder her own ventures fail, what an idiot.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newwoman wrote: »
    Wasn't the divorce settlement supposed to be for her child, not all for her to spend like a lottery winner?

Supposedly. I really don't like this woman. Of course the work she does for charity is brilliant, but you really should care for your own child/children first and foremost.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't believe a word she says!
  • Options
    BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member
    tegan1973 wrote: »

Nor me.

In the Mirror piece she claims that the counsellor who came to speak to her after she lost her leg told her 'You know you won't be as attractive to men anymore.'

Well, quite simply, no counsellor would ever utter such a negative or difinitive statement to someone who has just undergone a trauma.

Utter bollox.

The women just says what ever she thinks will get her the attention and sympathy she wants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's supposedly bought a vegetarian meals business in order to compete with the Linda McCartney range, and her veggie caff in Hove is supposed to have more staff than customers.

Anyone see a trend here? ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had a lot of money (which I don't) then I would say i've spent it all - it would cut down the amount of people asking me for cash. She ain't stupid just annoying!
  • Options
    WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    Why does she feel the need to say that she has invested it for her daughter's future? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't she also Paul McCartney's daughter as well. I am sure he can and will provide for his child as well. I get the impression she stated that as a dig at him. Does she think that Paul will not/does not provide for their little girl? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pgfmedia wrote: »
    If I had a lot of money (which I don't) then I would say i've spent it all - it would cut down the amount of people asking me for cash. She ain't stupid just annoying!

Or she's claiming she's skint so people don't ask her for money when she is in fact loaded....

I'd wish she would just sod off.
  • Options
    NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    WAKEYLASS wrote: »
    Why does she feel the need to say that she has invested it for her daughter's future? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't she also Paul McCartney's daughter as well. I am sure he can and will provide for his child as well. I get the impression she stated that as a dig at him. Does she think that Paul will not/does not provide for their little girl? :confused:

To me Heather Mills is just another golddigger not dissimilar to Keilis... The type of woman who would try to insist that she has to have thousands well into the 5 digits in order to provide for their child when really it is about them living a lifestyle that they feel entitled to.

She strikes me as being very bitter that she didn't get a lot more out of him to waste. It's stupid to even try to make people think that Paul McCartney wouldn't look after his own child. If she had done her homework, Mills would have realised that Paul's other children were brought up quite frugally - and being his offspring has opened a lot of doors for them as adults.

She can try and make herself look as altruistic as she likes, but if she actually did give money to charity then that was her choice. And if her businesses aren't working it's because nobody is interested. I doubt that very little is done for the consideration of her daughter... because she would surely handle herself differently.

Paul McCartney doesn't need to support her delusions of grandeur any longer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or she's claiming she's skint so people don't ask her for money when she is in fact loaded....

Pretty much what I said but worded differently ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mr Giggles wrote: »

I'd wish she would just sod off.

Fair point - and that wouldnt surprise me actually...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Although she claimed at her divorce hearing that she'd given 80% of her earnings to charity, the judge found nothing in her tax returns to suggest any money at all was given away.

She's only interested in herself - she as good as said she only married Beetroot Head for his money after all.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or it's her way of saying she's looking for another husband :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »

There isn't anyone else crazy enough... surely?!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »

Any billionaire pensioners available at the mo? ;)
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    NativeMoon wrote: »
    There isn't anyone else crazy enough... surely?!:eek:

It's possible that, in the fullness of time, Ashley Cole will be in the market for another "business arrangement" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    phil solo wrote: »
    It's possible that, in the fullness of time, Ashley Cole will be in the market for another "business arrangement" :D

But what a crap beard Heather Mills would be lol :D
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Don't think there's a 'sugar-daddy' daft enough to take her on :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for any poor bloke who gets involved with her. I think the ex-Mrs Andre would make a nice best friend for her though.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What?! Spending £24m in almost 2 years? She's as bad as these lottery squanderers. She could have gave so much to charity on a regular basis out of the interest if she'd have wanted to. Blowing £24m is ridiculous. Tis better to keep a consistent stream of money coming, than to give massive amounts that will cause your bank balance to decrease a lot ..... which will then result in smaller interest payments being given to you.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tegan1973 wrote: »

Agreed! Heather is Me Me Me Me! Her past claims of charity donations have proved to be extremely dubious.
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    Heather Mills is so full of crap!!!! as if Paul multi millonaire Mccartney would not leave enough money for Bea :eek: :eek: and sadly his stock will go up ten time when he is dead and another 10 x when Ringo dies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: so she is well covered!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed! Heather is Me Me Me Me! Her past claims of charity donations have proved to be extremely dubious.

I would love to put her in the same room as Jordan.