Where were Deirdre & Gail?

Jill_FanJill_Fan Posts: 1,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought it was a bit silly they weren't on tonights ep when last night they were stood on the cobbles waiting for news of Peter & Nick...

Where did they disappear to?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    They were probably in bed together, overcome with emotion for the next lesbian storyline.
  • Adam14Adam14 Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought exactly the same, and 2 of the most senior cast members too.

Strange they wouldn't be there for the most important episode ever, especially as Helen Worth has been doing such promotion this week.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail absence was weird because surely she'd have been there when Nick got out?
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gail was banished to the local clinic to treat cuts and bruises, wasn't she?
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Gail was in the medical place off screen. Deidre was looking after Simon, again off screen.

It's strange though. They both joined the show in the 70's, so the more reason to take part...
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deirdre was looking after Simon.
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it more peculiar that Rita, a Corrie icon, spent the episode under twenty quid's worth of pick 'n mix, without a line.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Hetal wrote: »
    Gail was in the medical place off screen. Deidre was looking after Simon, again off screen.

It's strange though. They both joined the show in the 70's, so the more reason to take part...

Pretty sure Gail was at the end of yesterdays episode - she was with Audery and David - who where there today
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, the episode did not have to have all the actors and actresses nor to be highly explosive in ways not dreamt of, but to be a well acted episode of a drama series, and that is what it was for me.
  • Jill_FanJill_Fan Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not very good continuity though. Can't remember about Deirdre but i'm pretty sure Gail was on the cobbles last night with David and Audrey?
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd have thought that Gail would've been at the hospital, clinging onto her precious Nick for dear life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they had last minute emergencies
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe, but I thought with it being such a special birthday that they would have wanted to have been a part of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I was quite surprised that Audrey was in it specially after the pigs ear she made of the 40th live episode...available on youtube.

Also rewatching that episode Rita's acting isnt very good...so it was good she was under rubble.

overall the episode was better then i expected weren't really any big mistakes i noticed, bar a missed cue from janice. so other then some cringe worthy laughable expressions from fizz everything was ok.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jill_Fan wrote: »
    Not very good continuity though. Can't remember about Deirdre but i'm pretty sure Gail was on the cobbles last night with David and Audrey?

They both were but the doctor asked Gail to the medical centre as a first aider and Deirdre went to look after Simon after he was brought out of the fire.
  • bigheatherbigheather Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was Emily in it? I don't remember seeing her
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bigheather wrote: »
    Was Emily in it? I don't remember seeing her

Emily didn't appear, nor Betty
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was odd Gail wasn't there and wondered if Gail Worth was ill or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I right in thinking Gail wasn't there for the 40th live ep. either?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope she wasn't. IMO she should be in the live eps seeing as she's been in it so long but maybe she was ill ? More likely stage fright lol
  • PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    Wheres Liz mcDonald and Michelle?
  • PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    What cue did Janice miss?
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    I find it more peculiar that Rita, a Corrie icon, spent the episode under twenty quid's worth of pick 'n mix, without a line.

i reckon that bit was filmed when the other stuff was and just slipped in i mean really why bother recreating that set just for bits were we see her lying there:confused:
  • princesstinprincesstin Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Michelle is in Glasgow with Ryan (probably because Kym is pregnant again and she didn't want to risk being around all the props, debris and smoke since she had a miscarriage the last time she was pregnant) and Liz is in Spain with Steve's twin brother, Andy.
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member

Liz hasn't been on screen for weeks and Michelle is in Glasgow with Ryan but that is due to Kym Marsh being pregnant!