Options

What is being hidden from us?

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
Forum Member
✭✭
What do you think is being hidden from us by the government's of the world?

Do you believe there is aliens?

Do you believe that the government's are hiding super intellegent technology?

What about travel? Have we discovered super fast travel or time travel that's being hidden from us?

Comments

• Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if its being hidden how would we know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if its being hidden how would we know?

Well as the post says it's not what you KNOW is being hidden but what you think is being hidden.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something like a cure for the common cold could actually make the world collapse in on itself it it were found. So I wouldn't blame world governments for hiding it, if it indeed existed.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a large round ring called a Stargate which is being kept deep underground in a secret military base in Colorado. It is used to travel to other planets and an elite team called SG-1 have thwarted numerous alien attacks on Earth.:D
  • Options
    miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *puts on tin foil hat*

Edit: In all seriousness, there's probably some good technology that the government haven't disclosed to the public, yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a large round ring called a Stargate which is being kept deep underground in a secret military base in Colorado. It is used to travel to other planets and an elite team called SG-1 have thwarted numerous alien attacks on Earth.:D

Wow. I'd love to know more.

Wait a minute..........that sounds familiar........isn't the a bit like the tv show star wars?
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well as the post says it's not what you KNOW is being hidden but what you think is being hidden.

The title would suggest otherwise.
  • Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    It takes a lot of effort to keep something really 'BIG' hidden from enough people for any amount of time.

Governments are like sieves -if there were something I think we would know.

As the old saying regards deception goes 'you can fool some of the people all of the time, you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time'.

Or words to that effect.
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    It's an unknown unknown,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The title would suggest otherwise.

Shots fired.

Do you reply then without reading a post?
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    The X-Files was really a documentary
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *puts on tin foil hat*

Edit: In all seriousness, there's probably some good technology that the government haven't disclosed to the public, yet.

I don't know how true this is exactly, but apparently civilian technology is approx 20 years behind what they have access to in the military etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The X-Files was really a documentary

I knew it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    I believe the government are responsible for certain illnesses (e.g., the common cold, amongst others). I know, quite extreme. They make so much money from illnesses/people spending money on medicines etc, that they probably induce it at certain points throughout the year. They probably put chemicals in petrol/fumes so that it can be breathed in through the air and absorbed by our bodies quicker = cold induced.

I'm sure they hide lots of stuff from us.

:o:D:o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know how true this is exactly, but apparently civilian technology is approx 20 years behind what they have access to in the military etc.

Not in medicine it's not.
  • Options
    miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See, that is something that really wouldn't surprise me.

Whereas if the government/military/whatever else had the cure for cancer or something like that and were keeping it hidden... well, I just don't believe that could be done.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    I believe the government are responsible for certain illnesses (e.g., the common cold, amongst others). I know, quite extreme. .

BIB....

"Quite extreme?"

No, totally bonkers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I had a conversation with my wife's uncle who was in the navy 20 odd years ago and he says that the sat navs they have now they had 20 years ago in the navy.
  • Options
    MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a conversation with my wife's uncle who was in the navy 20 odd years ago and he says that the sat navs they have now they had 20 years ago in the navy.

with Ozzy Osbourne etc doing the voice?:D
  • Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See, that is something that really wouldn't surprise me.

Whereas if the government/military/whatever else had the cure for cancer or something like that and were keeping it hidden... well, I just don't believe that could be done.

It could and I believe it is. Big pharma are out for themselves, people have been assassinated for presenting groundbreaking cancer treatments. It is an offence to even advertise ones not endorsed by these companies I believe. They make ahefty profit from poisoning people with chemo, why upset the status quo. I agree the amount of evil it would take does defy belief
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    BIB....

"Quite extreme?"

No, totally bonkers.

Really? I think it's quite possible. The government can do whatever the hell they want. What is the best way to induce certain illnesses to make money? Through the air. It makes perfect sense.

I'm sure it does sound pretty quackers, but you have much clue as I do :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A cheap, plentiful alternative to oil and its' derivatives:D
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unbendable iphones.
  • Options