Rate Your MP/Councillor.

daniel hallidaydaniel halliday Posts: 863
Forum Member
✭✭
Well i'll kick offf the thread by rating my MP the odious Alistair Darling,

well what can i say about him, he is arrogant,refuses to see his constituents and when he does it is always the chosen labour luvvies, never wants to meet real people with real problems and is a barefaced liar, why liar well at a meeting i had with him just before xmas to try and get his help with a trivial matter i asked him if the taxpayer was going to bail out the banks with another handout and he said no, yet we all know another injection of cash is coming in order to keep the unions sweet at the HBOS group into their pension fund so there is no hold ups to the merger,

the man i'm sad to say is a creep and a joke and sadly i was in the labour group that allowed him to remain as an MP, sorry folks:o

now my cuntcillor is David Beckett SNP, what an utter joke he is, no interest in anything that does not make him or his party look good, had the misfortune to meet him at a community meeting and he stated to me if there is no benefit to me or my party then frankly any problem is not worth my time and then proceeded to say go and see the tory/libdem who represents the ward,

why is there not a law that allows you to thump idiots like these two into the real world,:mad:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    The ones we have are just proffesional windbags. Local MP is a waste of space , who just pops round to get his ugly mug in the local paper.

Local council is even worse, they just wallow in self pitty , prattling on about regeneration. they couldnt regenerate a flat car battery. They really believe that Blackpool is a top class resort, what physiactric treatment they receive beats me. They havent a clue how to get the old ruin back on its feet, tin pot shopping mall extensions & doing a road up is like giving a starving dog a rubber bone. Cllr Callow (leader of the council) is that far up Amanda Thompsons backside (she owns the Pleasure Beach) its a wonder we can still see him. His answer to getting the town centre to entice more shoppers is 'build a supermarket' absolutley mind bending. Still giving the owners of the Winter Gardens £1m pa for a building thats falling to bits & doesnt attract any conference business is inspired.

Dont send any gritters out for weeks on end to make the pavemants & roads safe, just have teams of street cleaners in Blackpool town centre. For gods sake stop trying to polish a dog turd.

The clowns in St Annes are just as inept , selling the tory club off to Aldi. Just how many supermarkets does St Annes need?

All these bufoons no matter what political pursuasion are just idiots who are aloof to reality & see the job of being a politician as a cosy career. Why should any of the MP's etc give a toss about things when they know they can make good sums form consultancy , directorships , etc

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My MP back home (female, Labour) seems far more interested in getting her face in the local paper all the time than she does in actually attending Parliament.

And when she can be bothered to turn up to vote on issues, she almost always backs the government strongly.

She's useless compared to the bloke who was our MP prior to her for many many years before he retired. He was one of the traditional "Old Labour" types, a local man who was well liked and took a genuine interest in local people's concerns - as opposed to the photo-op "Blair babe" that we're lumbered with now.

She's not even local to the area.

Unfortunately though, hers is a very safe Labour seat, so the best we can hope for is for the Lib Dems to make inroads into her majority in 2010.

If you want to find out about your MP's voting record, what committees they're on, what expenses they claim etc. etc., it's all here:

www.theyworkforyou.com

Just enter your post code at the top of the page, and away you go.

It's a mine of information - and quite an eye-opener!

- Eric
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our Labour MP is useless lobby fodder without a mind of her own, our local Lib Dem councillor is new so I don't know about him, if he avoids getting arrested he'll be doing better than his predecessor.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bill Etherington MP

Don't have a problem with him personally, however the fact remains that he is Labour therefore he is automatically ruled an "odious £wat" for what they've done to this city, and the country in general.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew Slaughter
    Just another Labour lobby fodder MP. Almost certain to lose his seat having a tiny 500 majority, and also boundary changes are expected to benefit the Tories.
    He can always return to barristering.
  • daniel hallidaydaniel halliday Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my former mp when we lived in the edinburgh east area was gavin strang a man so dumb and clueless the people of east edinburgh would have been better represented by forrest gump,:D

a typical labour yes man and an absolute idiot, when he and his wife were asked to officiate at a bowling competition years ago, they were both asked to throw the jack up the green, the clueless pair of oxygen thieves proceeded to throw the jacks high up in the air causing when they landed huge dents in the green, the groundsman was going spare with more than a few choice words about them,:eek::D

heard also a story about two former councillors who represented an ward in east edinburgh paul nolan and david brown,again labour and neither of them was very forth right with help unless it was asked with a large brown envelope in view, paul nolan was and still is the man who wasted 100 million quid in the craigmillar area on useless projects that only him and his family benefited from,david brown got a council house for a relative of either his or the nolan guy with dubious methods,
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My local MP is John Austin, and he is a pretty decent MP as they go...he was one of the leading voices in the anti-war lobby prior to the Iraq war, because he actually listened to what his constituents views on the subject, and he is pretty good at listening to us on other issues too - he makes himself quite accessible. I think it's better to have a lesser known MP than one who is in the Cabinet, because their priority's are always going to be focused elsewhere.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/john_austin/erith_and_thamesmead
  • AVTalkAVTalk Posts: 5,501
    Forum Member
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    My MP back home (female, Labour) seems far more interested in getting her face in the local paper all the time than she does in actually attending Parliament.

And when she can be bothered to turn up to vote on issues, she almost always backs the government strongly.

They must send them all to the same classes.

That describes our local MP precisely.

You will rarely actually see here name mentioned in the town without the prefix 'Odious', although her given name is Anne Snelgrove.

Still, she's not long for the post.
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Meg Hillier is my local MP. When I needed her help she was there, despite it potentially causing problems with her ministerial position. That said she almost always votes for the government.

The previous MP was a complete waste of space. When I wrote to him he basically wrote back and said his job was to sell to me the benefits of New Labour policy, even though I wrote to him complaining how Labour policy was actually costing me. The naff comb over did not help either.

Both are Labour but in my heart of hearts - New Labour have put me, and people I know through such hell that I could never vote for them
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Well my MP is the high profile Margaret Beckett. I think she's well respected in Derby and has always taken an interest in local affairs despite her many cabinet posts. She's always been loyal to the government but is her own woman. However, at the local level, the Lib Dems rule the roost within her constituency and if she stands down before the next election they could well get in.
  • Billy NomatesBilly Nomates Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    Martin Salter (Lab) Reading West.

Famed for his ability to face both ways at once, voting one way in the house while appearing to campaign locally for the opposite. (Post office closures, Iraq war, to name but two)

Also spends a lot of his time in Reading East.
  • scottygscottyg Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    Frank Dobson's mine , ive not met him personally but people who I know that have say hes a moron.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scottyg wrote: »
    Frank Dobson's mine , ive not met him personally but people who I know that have say hes a moron.

He is.....I met him when he was running for Mayor...I asked him what he was planning to do about improving accessibility on London buses and he looked at me like I was talking in another language!

I voted for the Green party on the back of that, cause I didn't like Norris or Livingston either!
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,037
    Forum Member
    Mine is Kate Hoey, who is an outstanding local MP and really puts her constituents first, and constantly battles against the appalling Lambeth council on behalf of constituents as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    Mine is Kate Hoey, who is an outstanding local MP and really puts her constituents first, and constantly battles against the appalling Lambeth council on behalf of constituents as well.

You are very lucky to have Kate Hoey as your MP. She is probably more popular with conservatives than she is with her own party!
  • samm2311samm2311 Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Councillor Shelia Gilmore is our elected freak, labour and a total joke, fiddles expenses, is nasty towards community groups that are working to improve the area and is in the running to become a labour MP, had quite a few run ins with her,

Oh Kenny McAskill the SNP scumbag who released the terrorist spat in my face at a function because i asked him why he sent that libyan scumbag home, suffice to say McAskill better watch his back because of it, i fancy kicking the shit out of that elected filth.:mad:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »

My OH works at the House of Commons and she's one of his favourites out of all the MP's he speaks to.

OT

Our MP is Eric Pickles. he's not as bad as his QT apperance would have you believe. Mind you, it's a pretty safe seat in a pretty grief free area so he's not got the hardest job in Parliament.
  • CleefyCleefy Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Gillian Merron, Labour.

A snivelling career politician who has brown-nosed her way up to minister of state for health. In her 12 year tenure, this mindless waste of flesh has attended 2953 parliamentary votes and rebelled just 9 times. She jumps on just about every bandwagon going, including campaigns to keep various POs open despite voting in favour of the closures in the first place. After voting against Gurkha resettlement rights (and subsequent outcry in the local press), the hypocritical little bitch had the gall to post this on her website:
    Gillian Merron, MP for Lincoln has welcomed the Government's announcement on new settlement rights for the Ghurkhas.

"I am pleased that the Government has been able to agree new settlement rights for the Ghurkhas that are both affordable and consistent with our broader immigration policy."
    Utter, utter trash :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruth Kelly, Labour

Since being elected in 1997, she has managed to produce four children thus spending most of her tenure on maternity leave.

On every occasion that I have attempted to meet her, only her agent is available.

Spends most of ther time in London.

Schooled her kids in London.

She is standing down at the next election and I wouldn't expect to see her in the North West again.

First saw her in the flesh two years ago when she attended our local Remembrance Day parade.

This had initially been cancelled as the Bolton (Labour) Council had refused funding for policing of the two roads required for the parade.

Due to a campaign by national newspapers (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-470581/Remembrance-Day-parade-scrapped-time-60-years-health-safety-fears.html), funding was *found* so that the parade could take place.

Leeching on the back of this, Kelly suddenly appeared in a black car behind the monument on the day and was whisked away with her minders as soon as the Last Post had finished.

I think the car was a Zil.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    Mines Chris Grayling

I know there was something about expenses

Dont now much about him apart from the fact that whoevers the candidate for the party will get in
  • currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no interest in knowing who my local MP is.
    I honestly don't.
  • LardnessLardness Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keith Vaz- Leicester- he could switch to whatever party he wants to & still get elected.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelvin Hopkins - Labour - Luton North. Very good and one MP who should never be tainted with the sins of this govenment.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry Cohen MP.

Where do I start? On the face of it, his voting record suits me (fiercely anti Iraq war) and he loves his "rebel" status.

In reality, he is a smug git. Was the first MP to be disgraced with regard to expenses (before it all blew up). Has a home in his constituency, 8 miles from Parliament and his second in Colchester. Earlier in 09 he put out a local leaflet in which the main story was his part in organising the visit to the UK of the dalai lama - a burning local issue as you can imagine. Said leaflet actually made no mention whatsoever of the Labour Party (even said "Published by Harrys Team") so I wrote to him saying I may vote for him if he could let me know what party he represented.

Didn't reply.

Was recently in the local paper calling for a public ban on kissing because of the swine flu threat.

7,000 majority - polarised constituency, rough one end and posh the other. (I'm in the posh bit :D) He's standing down because of expenses, and the Tories may well take it.
    The candidate has been round several times, sat in my car (fellow Alfa enthusiast) and is obviously trying to recruit me.
    I smile and string him along, but no chance whatsoever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    Lardness wrote: »
    Keith Vaz- Leicester- he could switch to whatever party he wants to & still get elected.

I think this sums up the man very well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foAKsnePbYY