Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 23)

Comments

• Options
    If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas all, so wish I could spend more time here, seems like recently I'm never on, but work is killing me....new years resolution is to spend more time on myself (and more time appreciating Leona :D) .

Hope you've all had a great day!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry Christmas all, so wish I could spend more time here, seems like recently I'm never on, but work is killing me

Exactly the same thing here. Work, feeling poorly and love sickness. My life sucks right now. But Merry Christmas everyone. lol
  • Options
    Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    German music dvd charts

16 NE Leona Lewis - Live at the o2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Ugh, I'm fairly bored now...:(
  • Options
    BenFriendBenFriend Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Just found that IGY is on DDR songlist!
    http://terminalgamer.com/2010/11/12/ddr-for-the-ps3-wii-gets-a-songlist/
    I'm always late ;(
  • Options
    BenFriendBenFriend Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    #HappyHolidays everyone!
    Working all next week long!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    Can't wait until next the next single/album. I really want this next era to be huge, number 1s everywhere including the US etc.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Hope everyone had a nice Christmas! :)

The Labyrinth up one to #7 this week. 4 weeks in the top 10 (4-6-8-7.) :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/musicdvds
    Cassie.. wrote: »
    German music dvd charts

16 NE Leona Lewis - Live at the o2

Top 20 - nice. :) Surprised anyone is even aware it exists outside the UK. She really could have sold out a few dates in Germany.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna just pulled a 306k week in the UK album charts i hope syco & J are taking notes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    Rihanna just pulled a 306k week in the UK album charts i hope syco & J are taking notes

Rihanna has like the perfect single release strategy in place for her. At the start of both the Rated R and Loud eras the single choices for the virtually the whole era were revealed, meaning that radio already knew what they had to play before it was officially announced. Because of this she is constantly at the top of the airplay charts which ultimately results in high popularity and record sales. Syco/J's strategy is to release a single, hope it does well and then release the next one 5 months later. If a single doesn't do well, they pull it from radio and end the era then and there lol. At least with Rhianna's strategy if a future single is proving unpopular, they can pull it before it's even been released!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Hope Leona has a great 2011. Really can't wait for the next album.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    I hope Leona takes her band with her for the New Years eve gig, they work so well together now as a group.

I wonder if she will do any songs other than Happy off Echo?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesanyone know How many copies did ECHO shift this yr??

I know exact figures are pretty hard to confirm but surely we have a rough idea?
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wonder if he's reading this thread...

(From Rihanna's Twitter):
    Just had dinner w/ Simon Cowell Philip Green,and Lucian G., and Ashley (thanks) @ Sandy Lane! Great night!

;) (Hope he took the notepad)

There's definitely a huge dose of "The X Factor effect" in those album sales but she's doing incredibly well here this era (even though her US sales have been a bit tepid - a bit like Katy Perry earlier this year, people expected more). I think having 2 massive singles out before Christmas will have helped her album sales as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It does also help if you can get radio airplay as well, Echo was a bit of a disaster in that dept. So long as they stay away from ballads this time they should at least avoid that mistake.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does also help if you can get radio airplay as well, Echo was a bit of a disaster in that dept. So long as they stay away from ballads this time they should at least avoid that mistake.

I wouldn't say it was a disaster for airplay in the UK. IIRC, I Got You peaked at #6 on airplay (then collapsed), Happy was #4. The airplay disaster was in the US. The UK audience just didn't seem to respond to the songs.
  • Options
    MaxyParkGuyMaxyParkGuy Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    delete
  • Options
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it was a disaster for airplay in the UK. IIRC, I Got You peaked at #6 on airplay (then collapsed), Happy was #4. The airplay disaster was in the US. The UK audience just didn't seem to respond to the songs.

Radio 1 pulled support for IGY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio 1 pulled support for IGY

Alex has proved you don't need radio 1s support to go number one and /Or sell well but obviously it helps
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Run rises 3 places to 13 in this weeks german singles chart
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alex has proved you don't need radio 1s support to go number one and /Or sell well but obviously it helps

Yep my point was they DON'T want to make that mistake again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Run rises 3 places to 13 in this weeks german singles chart

Legend...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Single Review: Leona Lewis feat Kanye West - 'Dirty Ghetto Ho Sl*t Hussie'
    Wednesday, November 1 2017

It's the pop meltdown to end all pop meltdowns. After her first three albums – 2007's Spirit, 2010's Essence and 2014's Aromatherapy: The Album - sold more than 100 million copies worldwide, Leona Lewis suddenly transformed from an elegant, well-mannered Islington girl to a crotch-thrusting, first-pumping, Timberlake-humping megalomaniac. Her 50-strong entourage? Handed their P45s. Simon Cowell? Denounced as a "no good mofo son of a gun b**tard". The GMTV audience? Treated to a parade of Anglo Saxon expletives while Dame Fiona Phillips-Castle looked on in horror.

Lewis' musical tastes have changed a bit too. Eschewing the winsome balladry that's nabbed her 18 number one hits over the last decade, she's returned to her "street roots" by hooking up with Kanye West, the fallen hip-hop king she befriended while recording her Grammy-winning debut album. 'Dirty Ghetto Sl*t Hussie', the lead single from her upcoming Liberation of Leona LP, is a blistering statement of intent from the wanton warbler. "I'm the X Factor pariah, bought bigger t*ts than Mariah" she hisses over West's old skool, state-of-the-art-circa-2007 beats. "I'm frontin' I'm leadin', honey my love ain't bleedin'." Let's hope The Priory still has space for Christmas, eh?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/eyespy/a78872/single-review-leona-lewis-feat-kanye-west-dirty-ghetto-ho-slt-hussie.html

Smash!! :D
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that was posted some time ago. Still funny though :D

Looks like we now know what direction the new album is going.

http://www.musicxray.com/interactions/1347/submissions/new

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think that was posted some time ago. Still funny though :D

Looks like we now know what direction the new album is going.

http://www.musicxray.com/interactions/1347/submissions/new

:)

Oh yes 2007! No idea how I just came across it.
This discussion has been closed.