Options

London auditions Wednesday 5th January (spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How was Michael Mcintyre as a judge? Was he a serious type or did he make jokes and lighten things up?
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked MM, he lightened things up quite a lot, and he was good at leading the panel and tying it all together better than the other two.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bigbruv11 wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies :) I just hope none of us need the toilet or food or drink in the queue :p

I can't wait :D

You should be fine for any of that! We joined the queue and a whole two minutes later decided we were hungry :o We'd just had our hands stamped so two of the group went to ask if they could go get some food and bring it back and the staff there said it was fine, just to make sure someone was holding the place :D I don't think we would've survived the queue without our McDonald's, we joined the queue about 2pm and so were out there in the cold for nearly 4 hours. Worth it for the seats we got imo and at 2pm there were already about 200 people infront of us!
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was at the Wednesday and Thursday evening shows, arrived at about 4:30PM for the queues and managed to just squeeze in. Very good night, I think the talent is a lot better this year (I was also at last year's auditions) but the amount of dancers is boring me, there's only so many things people can do. Thought Mandy was hilarious!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Thanks for updates guys.

I am going to the shows in manchester. I dont ahve a priority ticket just the print out from the email sent by applause.

Is that all that is needed for me to I get in. Nothing needed that is sent by post etc?

Slightly worried we wont get in as dont want to travel to manchester to not get in. Show starts at 12:15. Anyone recommend a time to get there?

Also from people who have gone, when u get in. Can you just sit anywere that is free? Or is there some sort of seating plan. (I notice one person said had great seats another said awful view)

Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also, is it a case of the earlier you get there the better your seat will be?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, is it a case of the earlier you get there the better your seat will be?

Yep all you need to get in is the email printout :) Seats are done on sit wherever, however the people with priority tickets go in first. I joined the queue at 2pm for 5.15 doors open when I went and got 4th row from the front of the upstairs section.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KatieBeth wrote: »
    Yep all you need to get in is the email printout :) Seats are done on sit wherever, however the people with priority tickets go in first. I joined the queue at 2pm for 5.15 doors open when I went and got 4th row from the front of the upstairs section.

Did u pick the upstairs section or could u basically sit anywere?

How many people were there with priority, that went in frst? How many queing at 2pm roughly.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did u pick the upstairs section or could u basically sit anywere?

How many people were there with priority, that went in frst? How many queing at 2pm roughly.

It was kind of pot luck as to sitting up or down, the queue was being fed towards two doors, and you couldn't tell from the outside but one door they'd then direct you upstairs and the other down. Possibly 150 with priority? Couldn't really tell but it didn't take them too long to go in and the space they were queuing in wasn't huge. I reckon there were about 200 people in front of us at 2pm, but then once again I didn't bother to count :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks, I go on Thursday to manchester show starts at 12:15, dont have priority tickets.

Going to get there for around 10am and hope for the best.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Thanks, I go on Thursday to manchester show starts at 12:15, dont have priority tickets.

Going to get there for around 10am and hope for the best.

How is it going / how did it go?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Update from todays Manchester Auditions.

Got there around 10am scheduled to start at 12:15pm.

Was about 200 people infront of us at that time. Had no problems getting in at all, enver in doubt. Got there got stamped. Was told anyone could leave the queue as long as someone from their party stayed there. (Tesco over the road, so that accomodated for when we needed drink/food etc)

Eventaully they started letting people in at 12:55pm, bit frustrating as patience wore thin, but in general totally worth it.

Experience was fantastic, bit tiring at times and interesting look at how heavily edited the TV Show the programs must be. With the audience having to do various takes for various things. Like a standing ovation take 3+ times when nobody was on the stage!!, Totally for the cameras.

But overall i enjoyed it, think saw about 18 acts. Nothing too exciting though, but general good entertainment. Recommended for everyone.

As people were getting let in they were ushered to seats working from Front to back. So earlier you get there better your seats will be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else go today? Interested to see what their view of experience was.