Falling Skies - Season 3 - US Pace *No Spoilers*

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think the baby is the mole, it was listening on on convo while in mums tum, also think it was the machine and not toms sperm that made the baby odd.

really enjoying it,

Yes but it was the machine that made Tom's sperm odd.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving the series so far. The baby gives me the shits though.

Bit annoyed its not doing to well in the states as ive only discovered the series at the weekend and with the way viewing figures are going there wont be a season 4
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been threatening to stop watching since about episode five of the first season and yet here I still am.

They've some good characters but the writing is so formulaic and lazy. I pretty much skip to the action - can not bear the dialogue once anyone tries to express an emotion.
  • ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this being shown on UK tv yet? or have I missed it?
  • Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ppaupy wrote: »
    Is this being shown on UK tv yet? or have I missed it?

Starts in July on FX.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see Colonel Tigh being promoted to general.:D

Enjoyed that more than the first couple of episodes. Things seemed much better paced I thought.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Evil baby and schizophrenic Hal.

Do not care :(

Rest of the episode was OK. Need to get rid of the above 2 plots.
  • Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to the leader of The Volm?
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont like hal now. Loved this ep though
    Forum Member
    What happened to the leader of The Volm?

He got on the plane with President Hathaway.
  • taliesintaliesin Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kegsie wrote: »
    Good to see Colonel Tigh being promoted to general.:D

Enjoyed that more than the first couple of episodes. Things seemed much better paced I thought.

:D He was definitely in Col. Tigh mode, all was missing was the eye patch and a few "frackings" good to see Michael Hogan amongst a fantastic guest cast with Stephen Collins and Robert Sean Leonard to boot.

A little gem of a show that keeps getting stronger, it also proves that you don't need 24 hours to tell a good story, but 12-13 you can tell a great one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very Very close to giving up on this muck...it's really testing my patience this year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmm its been renewed for a 4th season nonetheless.
    I'll probably give up after this season
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    Very Very close to giving up on this muck...it's really testing my patience this year

I know what you mean, it was so full of promise but is just so weak in comparison to what it could be.

Really dislike all the so called 'personal' stories.

I just hope 'Under The Dome' doesn't go the same way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    I think I'm done with this now. I found myself fast-forwarding chunks of the last episode, and when I'm doing that I know I've lost interest.

If my interest gets piqued again, I may pick it up to see what happens once UK pace catches up...but I doubt it.
    Forum Member
    Christ, what a shit episode!

Had so much potential, then they ruined it by having Tom completely overreact to a prank and then having everyone bury a stranger whilst talking about what type of person she might have been :rolleyes::mad::rolleyes:

Pisses me off so much that this show can't stay focused or consistent for more than 10 minutes at a time.
  • sweetazkandisweetazkandi Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too was very disappointed with this ep. Mainly because I thought the whole plane crash was totally pointless given that in one episode they managed to get back to base?
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too was very disappointed with this ep. Mainly because I thought the whole plane crash was totally pointless given that in one episode they managed to get back to base?

I think the point was that it was supposed to show character development for Pope and Mason. Problem was, it was so poorly written and the characters are inconsistent and badly conceived that it failed. I agree with NinjyBear about Tom's over reaction - I was like 'WTF?' The two actors themselves aren't bad, but they don't have a lot to work with.

As for the subplot - you have 24 hours only to search for some-one that had at least an 8 hour head start so you waste at least an hour burying a stranger? And whinging on about it? With the added bonus that the group of actors in this scene is a real mix bunch but mostly very poor.

And then there is Robert Sean Leonard:( Admittedly he has the least to work with - the mad scientist cliche:rolleyes: But he is truly terrible. Though, his character being able to tell all that just from a couple of photographs probably had him hitting his head against a wall continually after reading that bit of the script so perhaps he has brain damage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I say every year that this show is utterly terrible (and it is), but I'm still watching. I think it's because it's so bad that I actually get enjoyment from it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Similar to me...but the last episode was the first time i've ever switched an episode off...

I turned it off after they started burying the stranger, and put on Under the Dome which was far more enjoyable.

I'll probably try and finish off this season as I hate dropping show's mid season (its always easier to pick it back up if you know how many seasons you've seen)

But really, of all the tv shows I watch, this is definitely the worst at this stage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member

Yeah, I was looking forward to a few weeks of Mason/Pope trying to fight their way back, having to work together, maybe also trying to find the President and Cochise who'd they discovered had also survived. Plus it might have been interesting seeing what happens back in Charlotte now that Mason was away....but no, it was all over almost as soon as it started.

The Mason/Pope fight scene and burial were two of the scenes I skipped this episode, both ridiculously contrived and added nothing to the plot.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm close to giving up now. I will stick with it until the end of the season but that may well be it for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kegsie wrote: »
    I'm close to giving up now. I will stick with it until the end of the season but that may well be it for me.

I know how you feel.

What is the point in having such a good premise (just like Defiance) but wasting it on filler type storylines?

It seem obvious to me that most of the story lines are literally 'down to earth' because they don't want to spend money on SFX.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but i'm out of here at the end of this season...
    Being honest...it's just absolutely sh!t isnt it??

I never drop series halfway through seasons, so its gonna be a chore to push through this muck
    Forum Member
    I'm not enjoying this at all right now, but I am pleased to see that evil Hal is now done with.

Pope is entirely right about the Masons, so the way everyone just dismisses him is becoming increasingly irritating.