Sunset Overdrive

Comments

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    You were trying to get me sued :cry::cry::cry:

:D #imacheekymonkey :D ... ps, which version of sunset did ya order mate? :D ... I just bought the basic version cause I've still got Batman, GTA & WWE to preorder & my wallet is feeling the pinch lol :cry:
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    :D #imacheekymonkey :D ... ps, which version of sunset did ya order mate? :D ... I just bought the basic version cause I've still got Batman, GTA & WWE to preorder & my wallet is feeling the pinch lol :cry:

Im just going to preorder the standard edition. I don't care about the game that much to fork out loadsa cash :D
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be definitely getting this, its higher on my list than games like COD & Halo MCC, it looks like its going to be as crazy as hell. like everyone I can't wait for the multiplayer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • TheCrackInTimeTheCrackInTime Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    From what I've seen so far, this looks like a really fun game and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I was going to wait until late November/early December to buy an XB1, but if the full reviews and player impressions are positive, then I'll pick up the white console bundle next weekend.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when the reviews are out. I really want to read some before pre-ordering just to get an idea on what people think.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Well, reviews are in and this is getting some great scores-

IGN-9.
    Sunset Overdrive is big, gorgeous, and a hell of a lot of fun. Never has getting from point A to point B in an open-world game provided so much enjoyment. It provides some of the most fun, frantic, and fantastic gaming I've had on the Xbox One. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to once-again adorn my wolf mask, leap off the highest ledge I can find, and fire an explosive stuffed animal at that group of angry robots.

Polygon-9
    As a collection of mechanics and ideas, Sunset Overdrive is an impressive evolution of things Insomniac has been doing for a long time. Every part of Sunset Overdrive hooks into every other part somehow, and often in multiple ways, and it makes the whole shooting, grinding, wall-running package better for it. But the best thing about Sunset Overdrive is how it's unabashedly enthusiastic about what it is, in just about every way. That enthusiasm, and the freedom behind it, is contagious.

Eurogamer-8
    If you wanted to be uncharitable, you could voice the suspicion that a great many baseball caps were turned backwards in the echoing board room where this project was greenlit, but with the campaign done and the city freshly filled with challenges, I don't really feel like being uncharitable. Beneath the glorious tech, and once the writing relaxes a little, Sunset Overdrive's wonderfully lurid and heartfelt - a bit like playing an old 4AD album sleeve. If you get that reference, you'll probably get this, too.

It's funny that one of the worse reviews is from our very own digitalspy

3/5
    Most annoyingly, Sunset Overdrive overplays its trump card. The traversal options are fun to begin with, but they lose their shine thanks to an enforced over reliance on them. Not a bad game, then, but it does feel like a missed opportunity
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And a petition has already started to get it ported to PS4 :p

DS have been harsh in their reviews recently. If you look at reviews from last year, they used to score slightly above average, but this year they're being fairly harsh towards critically acclaimed games. I wonder if there has been a change in the structure of their team?
    Forum Member

DS have been harsh in their reviews recently. If you look at reviews from last year, they used to score slightly above average, but this year they're being fairly harsh towards critically acclaimed games. I wonder if there has been a change in the structure of their team?

They gave Driveclub an abnormally good review compared to other sites. Equal to Forza horizon 2 infact.

So not all there recent reviews are low.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the links guys. I had just found the IGN one, and felt a bit of an idiot having asked about the reviews 45 minutes before hand.
    Looks like I'm getting this game as it sounds fun.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to this coming out - roll on Friday.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    Had some 8 page booklet for this game in one of my mags for this game. Sounds like Microsoft have splashed the cash on it.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre-ordered it earlier and installed, so I'll give it a looksie in the morning, and tell you what I think, although I bet you already can imagine the outcome :D.

IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mines installing from the US store at the mo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a quick go this morning. Had to do an update first. But the game itself was fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a quick go this morning. Had to do an update first. But the game itself was fun.

Well I tried to unlock the game at 7:15 this morning, but was told it was unavailable. Not sure if that was because I bought it from the UK store but downloaded from US (set region before purchasing through the web site) and I left my console to US but maybe I needed to change the time zone.
    Forum Member
    I"m pretty sure that you won't be able to unlock the game until Friday if you've purchased from the UK store.

I played for 20 minutes this morning, it looks.......beautiful. Can't wait to get tucked in tonight and tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    I"m pretty sure that you won't be able to unlock the game until Friday if you've purchased from the UK store.

Correct. It's bound to the country you've bought it in. I had to wait like 12 hours for Destiny :cry:

What time does it unlock in Hong Kong? Not preordered yet..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct. It's bound to the country you've bought it in. I had to wait like 12 hours for Destiny :cry:

Damn, thought it was the store you downloaded from. When I bought Horizon 2 even though I bought it from India it only unlocked at UK time
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it's Friday, but would be nice if it were today as I've got it from the HK store.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I tried to unlock the game at 7:15 this morning, but was told it was unavailable. Not sure if that was because I bought it from the UK store but downloaded from US (set region before purchasing through the web site) and I left my console to US but maybe I needed to change the time zone.

If you bought it from the UK store you won't be able to play it until Friday.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member

That'll be the only time it hits 1080p/60 ;)

I may get this game. However It'll be on the cheap. I certainly question the fact that it's already supposedly set to come out on PC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    That'll be the only time it hits 1080p/60 ;)

I may get this game. However It'll be on the cheap. I certainly question the fact that it's already supposedly set to come out on PC.

Microsoft and Insomniac have both said there are currently no plans to release the game on PC (and it's currently not being made), and that the error on the advert was a wrongly made assumption.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Microsoft and Insomniac have both said there are currently no plans to release the game on PC (and it's currently not being made), and that the error on the advert was a wrongly made assumption.

We'll see ;)