Options

Radio 1 (Whats your fav show)?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
Forum Member
My fav shows are 1.Chris Moyles allways good for a morning laugh 2.Scott Mills:cool:

Comments

• Options
    james_watersjames_waters Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Care to share with us why?

I think Moyles is a good listen although went a little too far with the Penis thing ealier. Like Mills as well I think he is doing some good radio at the moment, and has done for many years.

The Lie in is good at the weekends but I think that R1 needs to be a little more stable over the weekends. I liked Dic 'n' Dom doing the gig as they were not elsewhere in the station and it worked with them.
  • Options
    hotguy25hotguy25 Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    best is tong on friday nights, judge jules, kissy sell out, kutski, fabio, giles peterson, rob da bank,

worst has to be anyone broadcasting between the hours of 6am and 7pm.

colin murray is a very talented broadcaster, good personality and very knowledgable - however i dont really like the style of music he plays.

pity that the specalist shows are getting a bit too mainstream
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Moyles is rubbish.

Best jock & show - Rob Da Bank & Rob da Bank and friends
  • Options
    valleys1valleys1 Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOVE The Chris Moyles show and particulary Dom from the show. Also I like Greg James when he is on at other times in the day covering for somebody, Im not up early enought o listen to him in his normal slot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chris Moyles Show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm new to radio 1... :O I never new about the indie full weekday nights!

How would you describe coin murray's show? I'd listen but XFM X-Posure is on then...I like to flick between Zane/INMWT and Steve Harris on evenings...I might try and catch it on iplayer

I won't touch R1 at any other time cz they still play the pop s*** like sugababes. and then theres ferne cotton :yawn:
  • Options
    james_watersjames_waters Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Colin is very very good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    I loveee The Chris Moyles Show && The Surgery With Kelly Osbourne!! Cos i just lovee Kelly!! :)
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Moyles definitely, I can't start the working day until I've listened to him :D

I like Vernon's show at the weekend too.
  • Options
    bwilliamsbwilliams Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Moyles
    Scott Mills
    Pete Tong
    & used to love Dance anthems with Dave Pearce
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Rob da Bank and Gilles Peterson = Two very talented DJs, have a passion for real music, and not the crap that gets played out during daytime on Radio 1.
  • Options
    Rob_OnlineRob_Online Posts: 2,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also like Jake I find Rob da Bank and Giles Peterson to be a good listen, much prefer the style to the daytime shows for the good music.
  • Options
    jimjohn63jimjohn63 Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    not listened for a while,but love simon bates golden hour and gary davis's bit in the middle.
  • Options
    east_boy_16east_boy_16 Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like
    • Chris Moyles
    • Scott Mills
    • Greg James
    • Vernon Kay
    • Nihal
    • Sara Cox

I also like Pete Tong & BBC Switch (in small doses).
  • Options
    markmagmarkmag Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daytime: Moyles, Mills, Greg James, Chappers & Dave
    Some of the most professional and entertaining DJs out there (apart from Chappers and Dave who blunder their way through each broadcast but do it in such a lovable way you can't help but enjoy)

Nighttime: Pete Tong, Rob Da Bank, Huw Stephens, Steve Lamacq
    Great presenters with a real passion for new music

Honourable Mentions: Vernon, Jules, Annie Mac's Mash up (though was better on a Thursday), Jo Whiley (Show full of features and not half as annoying as people make out), Bobby Friction & Nihal, Annie N, Mary Anne Hobbs (Love the presenters but not a big fan of the music).

Come in, your times up: Fearne Cotton (Just SO annoying), Edith Bowman (So Boring), Sara Cox (Can't see what she brings to the station except maternity cover), Colin Murray (The show should be once a week - at four nights wastes time that could be used on new music), Goldfinger (always thought show seemed lacking in music no wonder he's being merged in with Westwood), and that Osbourne woman (her frequent no-shows should not be tolerated).
  • Options
    Andy CarltonAndy Carlton Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimjohn63 wrote: »
    not listened for a while,but love simon bates golden hour and gary davis's bit in the middle.

Yeah... that was about the last time i listened to it...not forgetting Steve Wright in the afternoon followed by the 5.30pm Newsbeat! :p

Back to the days of janice Long & Peter Powell with DLT's snooker on the radio & the top 40 with Richard Skinner....ahhh...bliss... :p

Blimey...is Radio 1 still going these days? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Moyles show is my fav
    but I also like Scott Mills, The Surgery and Greg James
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Greg James has done well to aspire to R1, except what is the point of the awful 'Flash Flash' song? Where did he get the idea for that - C Beebies??? :confused:
  • Options
    mtecallymtecally Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I like
    • Chris Moyles
    • Scott Mills
    • Greg James
    • Vernon Kay
    • Nihal
    • Sara Cox

I also like Pete Tong & BBC Switch (in small doses).

Two points of veiw whats the point Nihal isnt that good and look at this www.radio1.com and look at Mills page !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Chris Moyles has to be the most over rated radio presenter EVER!!!!
  • Options
    stafsstafs Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not according to this thread, I'm quite surprised to see so many say how much they enjoy Chris Moyles. You can put me down for Chris Moyles, Scott Mills and Greg James.
  • Options
    FM_BanditFM_Bandit Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mills (especially Fridays features)
    Westwood (comedy)
    Pete Tong (now a much better presenter than he was)
    Chappers & Dave (entertaining enough)
    Dick & Dom (unusual, varied record selection)

Hates:
    Sara Bloody Cox (is there a more irritating radio personality?)
    Fearne Cotton/Reggie Yates (bland kiddified radio)
    Jo Wiley (boring)
    Colin Murray (teeth grindingly annoying)
    Edith Bowman (pointless)
    Nihal (Grrr! Just prattles on about his wife all the time, links go nowhere)
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    I like Colin Murray, Sara Cox and Scott Mills.

They play music I like and have voices and personalities I can enjoy.
    Chris is ok in small doses, and I used to like Edith, but she needs to do something a bit different now.
  • Options
    valleys1valleys1 Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I forgot to put in my earlier post. CAN NOT STAND Jo Whiley. I can't understand what the person who does the schedules for Radio 1 was thinking by putting Whiley after Moyles. It goes from really funny and entertaining, to really, really dull and boring Jo Whiley. I would love to be able to see how many switch off at 10am.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member

1.Mills
    2.Moyles
    3.Greg James
    4.Chappers and Dave

Dislike

1.Fearne Cotton
    2.Edith Bowman
    3.Nihal
    4.Vernon Kay