✭✭✭
Anyone doing this, it's now available.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »

Dear lord no! some people are hard up for cash / want to have the system on day of release but I would not want to pay the levels of finance that these guys will be charging!

If you want a PS4 on finance then go to littlewoods as they might be slightly more expensive, you also know that its backed up by a solid guarantee and charges over a much more affordable period with money back at the end!

This type of offer is a big thing in the USA but you get some nice extras like free xbox live or broadband/tv deals which makes it look alot more attractive!
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear lord no! some people are hard up for cash / want to have the system on day of release but I would not want to pay the levels of finance that these guys will be charging!

If you want a PS4 on finance then go to littlewoods as they might be slightly more expensive, you also know that its backed up by a solid guarantee and charges over a much more affordable period with money back at the end!

This type of offer is a big thing in the USA but you get some nice extras like free xbox live or broadband/tv deals which makes it look alot more attractive!

What a load of baloney

Littlewoods- PS4 with killzone

£499. Repaying £5 for 156 weeks (total payment £779)
    or
    £499. Repaying £38 a month for 12 months (total payment £499)

Shopto- PS4 with Killzone

£33 a month for 12 months (total payment £445)
    £23 a month for 18 months (total payment £467)
    £18 a month for 24 months (total payment £490)
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For the Killzone bundle, it's 399.99 on ShopTo. If you pay a £100 deposit, you pay back £28.13 a month for 12 months. this works out at just £37.71 interest paid. I'd say that is VERY reasonable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    What a load of baloney

Littlewoods- PS4 with killzone

£499. Repaying £5 for 156 weeks (total payment £779)
    or
    £499. Repaying £38 a month for 12 months (total payment £499)

Shopto- PS4 with Killzone

£33 a month for 12 months (total payment £445)
    £23 a month for 18 months (total payment £467)
    £18 a month for 24 months (total payment £490)

No you are correct,(I can admit when I am wrong...or when I am caught bang to rights.) I was looking at the wrong website which was chaging more than Littlewoods.

Yes this does look reasonable as the interest rates are quite small.

My reaons for suggesting Littlewoods was that you get a good cash back / credit amount as well but aas with most places like that their credit charges are absurd
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I am using it but is it only bundles? Not a bare bones 349 console?
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Not that I am using it but is it only bundles? Not a bare bones 349 console?

They don't do the bare bones now.
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No you are correct,(I can admit when I am wrong...or when I am caught bang to rights.) I was looking at the wrong website which was chaging more than Littlewoods.

Yes this does look reasonable as the interest rates are quite small.

My reaons for suggesting Littlewoods was that you get a good cash back / credit amount as well but aas with most places like that their credit charges are absurd

Yeah tbf most companies offering credit for the ps4 or xbox are probably going to be charging higher rates then usual
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    For the Killzone bundle, it's 399.99 on ShopTo. If you pay a £100 deposit, you pay back £28.13 a month for 12 months. this works out at just £37.71 interest paid. I'd say that is VERY reasonable.

Just FYI this (assuming no fees) works out at 24.8% APR.

What does your credit card charge?
  • akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was going to pay outright but my car broke down and the majority of my savings has gone on that, so the only way i could do it now is on finance, over 12 months, i have gone for the killzone shadow fall + call of duty ghosts bundle.

I have a bit of my savings left so i am buying fifa14 and madden.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there was a battlefield bundle id probably be tempted
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there was a battlefield bundle id probably be tempted

PS4 Killzone bundle + BF4

Go on you know you want to :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    Just FYI this (assuming no fees) works out at 24.8% APR.

What does your credit card charge?

If I decided to go down the Finance route, I wouldn't use a credit card.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    jokerz wrote: »
    PS4 Killzone bundle + BF4

Go on you know you want to :D

Do it! Do it! Do it! lol You're getting BF4 on the PS3 anyway, just upgrade to the PS4 version and if you're not keen on Killzone, sell it on ebay
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Na will save up next year for one. Still want to guage real world reaction to the next gen. They are already throwing up some shocks. The possible 720p situation on x1, no resume just yet on ps4, bg music only by m.unlimited.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the estimated delivery date for PS4 preorders on ShopTo if I preordered today? Game give estimates of "100% before Christmas!", but I can't find any information on ShopTo about it. In fact, ShopTo even implies that the bundles will still arrive for release day, which I'm assuming wouldn't be the case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the estimated delivery date for PS4 preorders on ShopTo if I preordered today? Game give estimates of "100% before Christmas!", but I can't find any information on ShopTo about it. In fact, ShopTo even implies that the bundles will still arrive for release day, which I'm assuming wouldn't be the case.

I can't edit, but I tweeted ShopTo and they replied:

"All bundles listed on site, can be preordered for release date delivery, to UK addresses.Thanks"
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Na will save up next year for one. Still want to guage real world reaction to the next gen. They are already throwing up some shocks. The possible 720p situation on x1, no resume just yet on ps4, bg music only by m.unlimited.

Wise move mate. I'm getting mine cause I have a gift card ready for it. If it was cash then I'd be upgrading my PC's and waiting until next year.
  • akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't edit, but I tweeted ShopTo and they replied:

"All bundles listed on site, can be preordered for release date delivery, to UK addresses.Thanks"

Well, i am hoping this is true because i have booked the 29th and 30th november as holiday at work, to have a long weekend of gaming on my ps4.
  • rock8633rock8633 Posts: 1,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheaper then what Brighthouse are charging- £15 a week for 104 weeks for xbox one =£1516, and £13 a week for ps4 =£1352
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    Wise move mate. I'm getting mine cause I have a gift card ready for it. If it was cash then I'd be upgrading my PC's and waiting until next year.

same

i am going to buy one maybe next year july or something...after all my exams are over. see no point in buying one now tbh especially when i am trying to get into uni!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    shopto also sell top up vouchers, like mobile ones that get added to your account, it's the way Ive saved for mine.

no vast interest on top either.

:)
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rock8633 wrote: »
    Cheaper then what Brighthouse are charging- £15 a week for 104 weeks for xbox one =£1516, and £13 a week for ps4 =£1352

:eek: :eek: :eek: Sad thing is some folks will buy it from them to make sure their little darling opens a new console up on christmas morning.
  • Mrs Tesco ValueMrs Tesco Value Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Why even bother? I'd much rather go through the very slow and painful thing of carefully saving up my money like in the good old days! :rolleyes: