Walsh: 'Dannii as talented as Kylie'

iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Louis Walsh has said that Dannii Minogue is equally as talented musically as her sister Kylie.

The X Factor judge backed his reality TV co-star to return for the live shows later this year, claiming that they are now good friends.

"I want Dannii back for the live shows. We had a spat a couple of years ago but last year we got on," he told the Daily Record.

"She looks fabulous and works incredibly hard behind the scenes on The X Factor."

Speaking about Dannii's failure to match her sister's chart success, he added: "I do think Dannii was unlucky. If she had had the big machine her sister Kylie had, she would be just as successful."

Walsh also revealed that he supported plans for a revolving team of guest judges during the X Factor auditions while Minogue was on pregnancy leave. The Irish boyband manager suggested Elton John, David Bowie, Robbie Williams, Spice Girl Mel B and Shirley Bassey as potential stand-ins.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/s1...-as-kylie.html

Comments

• Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bollocks

it's not like Kylie's particularly talented anyway.
  • therightdealtherightdeal Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie is hardly talented, but Danni....talent?

Come on.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So... not very?
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,725
    Forum Member
    While I do believe Louis and Dannii are friends now, has Louis forgotten that he once called Kylie untalented, so where is he going with this? I think he just insults so many people that he forgets himself!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    Hardly a compliment but i think Mr Walsh knows that ;) That's why i love him :D

He's right though, they both have the same level of "talent" - which happens to be minimal :)
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadRomance wrote: »
    While I do believe Louis and Dannii are friends now, has Louis forgotten that he once called Kylie untalented, so where is he going with this? I think he just insults so many people that he forgets himself!

I sort of agree with what you said. He also said he considers Dannii more talented so he is just after publicity.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    iluvdannii wrote: »
    The Irish boyband manager suggested Elton John, David Bowie, Robbie Williams, Spice Girl Mel B and Shirley Bassey as potential stand-ins.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/s1...-as-kylie.html

As if David Bowie would have anything to do with X Factor :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Deleted post
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis crawling again? He's such a kiss-arse. He slates people over and over again but goes crawling back. I think he's a sneaky little man - don't like him at all anymore.

Dannii has a lovely voice. Better than a lot of the crap we get on the X Factor.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Louis crawling again? He's such a kiss-arse. He slates people over and over again but goes crawling back. I think he's a sneaky little man - don't like him at all anymore.

Dannii has a lovely voice. Better than a lot of the crap we get on the X Factor.

Totally agree here.
    It's never been a talent problem. As spkx pointed out about Cheryl and other puppets who do as they're told, Dannii never wanted to be a puppet and was therefor considered 'difficult' by the industry.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Hold on I'm confused,

Where does he actually say "talented"?

He said she could've been as successful as Kylie if she'd had the same people or "machine" as he puts it but no where does he say talented?

Or am i missing something?
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    I like Dannii and Kylie very much and I think that they are both equally talented.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Walsh is a hypocrite, although his comments are generally barbed insults dressed up as a 'compliment'.
  • Rachel2006Rachel2006 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie talented?!!! Okkkkaaayyyyy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii was always the more talented one...
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii talented? That's like saying she doesn't use Botox, the women can't sing for toffee!
  • -Jodie--Jodie- Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii always had better music, imo.
    Kylie's was awful.
    Still is.

I guess I went against the grain & liked Dannii.
    & I still do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOLocks!!!

It was difficult enough to take this camp Irishman seriously BEFORE he said this utterly banal remark about the Minogues.

I don't know why Cowell has kept Walsh around for so long; the man is an irrelevent, closeted embarrassment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    I like Dannii and Kylie very much and I think that they are both equally talented.

Quite right, although Kylie's singing voice is stronger than Dannii's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Release Me wrote: »
    Dannii talented? That's like saying she doesn't use Botox, the women can't sing for toffee!

She doesn't use botox anymore ;) She hasn't for the past year.
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    She doesn't use botox anymore ;) She hasn't for the past year.

I don't know why Dannii used Botox anyway in my opinion she certainly didn't need to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    I don't know why Dannii used Botox anyway in my opinion she certainly didn't need to.

I agree. She looks stunning now without it and I say that as someone who uses botox!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think both Kylie and Dannii have a certain amount of talent, not loads imo, but they must have something otherwise they wouldn't have been able to remain so successful in showbusiness for such a long time.

On a different note, Kylie's new single is terrible.
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    He's such a fickle man Louis.....Can't bear him. Went along with Sharon in his bad treatment of Dannii because he's got the maturity of primary school kid and now sucking up to Dannii when he realises how popular she is.